Popular and renowned games you haven't played but want to

If you have an android you can download an snes emulator and A Link To The Past rom and go nuts. Its definitely worth a play and works well as mobile gaming imo.
I collect old video games so I’ll just buy it.

Yeah I picked up the newly released one.

I mean this one. Its worth picking up as well.

10368688.jpg

Not really popular and renowned except for a certain population subset (Gundam otakus):

Senjou no Kizuna/ Bonds of the Battlefield

I suppose I'll buy The Last of Us PS4 remake if I see it cheap.

My Steam backlog consists of dozens of these such games.

Lots of switch and ps4 exclusives.

Gran Turismo Sport
Dad of War
Last of Us
Spiderman
Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild

Kingdom Come Deliverance, Nier Automata

Thats all I can think of for now.

Chrono Trigger
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Earthbound
The Last of Us
Resident Evil 4
Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2
Uncharted (Franchise)
The Witness

Go get an emulator and play chrono trigger meow. Soooo gooood.

1995 and this game still kicks ass.

I've been a console guy since the NES days, so I've never played the Half Life games. I have a buddy that's going to build me a gaming rig pretty soon and it's the first game on my list to pick up.

Orange Box has Half Life 2. All you need sir.

Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Fallout New Vegas
Bloodbourne
RDR2

I haven’t played anything on N64, GameCube, XBox, or PS2 and played very little on PS1 but I have no desire to go back to those

I have a ps3 and ps4 but never played the Uncharted series until recently. I just finished Uncharted 1. It was fun, but pretty simple and unworthy of the hype. I've been told it gets a lot better starting with 2.

Uncharted 2 is a vast improvement over 1. I haven’t played 4, but out of the first three that were on PS3 I’d say uncharted 2 was easily a top 5 PS3 title.

Not renowned but I want to get into the Pillars of Eternity games.

Never played Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy VI, VIII or IX, or Vagrant Story.

I did go back and play Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, FFVII and Xenogears though to experience them for myself. Out of those SOTN was probably my favorite along with FFVII. Xenogears was good but didn't age very well, imo.

Last edited:
Witcher 3
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Morrowind
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (not sure it qualifies as popular & renowned though)
Blitz: The League II

I really wanna play system shock 2 but I always give up after the 1st level. Just can't get into it.

Zelda. Everybody tells me there’s one for the SNES and N64 that I MUST play. A link to the past, and orcania of time I think they’re called? As much as I love Nintendo I never ever played Zelda. I keep meaning to buy these games and having a go at them to see what the hype is all about.

Paper Mario on the N64 looks like a good ass time too, been meaning to get that as well lol.

If I'm gonna be honest with you bro, you should play the original Zelda before the 3rd game, assuming you never played it on the NES. Ocarina is also a classic that demands to be played but it's not comparable to 1 and 3 in any regard except for the story. It's like comparing GTA 1 to GTA 3 or Fallout 2 to Fallout 3.

Also, if you actually like Ocarina, you must play Wind Waker. It's cartoonish and may initially feel worse than Ocarina but trust me, it's one of the best 3D zelda games imo. Looking back, I actually enjoyed it more than the most recent one that is heralded as the most groundbreaking.

Kingdom Hearts. I remember when it first came out and I told myself I'd get it, but I never did and time kept moving on. Maybe someday.

The Witcher 3 is another. Always hear so many great things about it, but I just ain't got the patience to play through long games anymore with some exceptions. I've been sitting on it for 2 years and have no idea if or when I'll ever play it.

If I'm gonna be honest with you bro, you should play the original Zelda before the 3rd game, assuming you never played it on the NES. Ocarina is also a classic that demands to be played but it's not comparable to 1 and 3 in any regard except for the story. It's like comparing GTA 1 to GTA 3 or Fallout 2 to Fallout 3.

Also, if you actually like Ocarina, you must play Wind Waker. It's cartoonish and may initially feel worse than Ocarina but trust me, it's one of the best 3D zelda games imo. Looking back, I actually enjoyed it more than the most recent one that is heralded as the most groundbreaking.
I think I have wind waker. Is it on the game cube? I got a sweet deal on a game cube with four controllers and nine games. I think a Zelda game was among them.

Back