Pope Francis: put migrant safety before national security

Oh I agree on how refugees should act. I disagree on the amount that Jesus would take in. He would want people to care as many as possible.

Yes, I agree with you. The Catechism of the Catholic Church says the same thing. It states that countries should take in as many people as they are able to, but should also have high expectations regarding the attitudes and behavior of the refugees. Jesus would also support helping people in their own nations so they can remain there.

A big problem plaguing many Christians is that they think words like Love and Sacrifice mean to bend over and let everyone have their way with them. This is wrong. The teachings of Jesus require incredible strength and discipline to follow and the will and high expectations that others will also follow his teachings.

I believe a Christian like Martin Luther King Jr. is a strong example of Christianity in action. Certainly he was flawed, but he was strong willed and worked tirelessly for justice. He also held everyone, including the struggling and oppressed people he fought for, to a higher standard of morality.

quote-we-must-combine-the-toughness-of-the-serpent-with-the-softness-of-the-dove-a-tough-mind-and-a-martin-luther-king-jr-330043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree with you. The Catechism of the Catholic Church says the same thing. It states that countries should take in as many people as they are able to, but should also have high expectations regarding the attitudes and behavior of the refugees. Jesus would also support helping people in their own nations so they can remain there.

A big problem plaguing many Christians is that they think words like Love and Sacrifice mean to bend over and let everyone have their way with them. This is wrong. The teachings of Jesus require incredible strength and discipline to follow and the will and high expectations that others will also follow his teachings.

I believe a Christian like Martin Luther King Jr. is a strong example of Christianity in action. Certainly he was flawed, but he was strong willed and worked tirelessly for justice. He also held everyone, including the struggling and oppressed people he fought for, to a higher standard of morality.

quote-we-must-combine-the-toughness-of-the-serpent-with-the-softness-of-the-dove-a-tough-mind-and-a-martin-luther-king-jr-330043.jpg

As much as I respect Martin Luther King, this is about Jesus not him.

Jesus said very plainly said to love thy enemies, and do kindness for them even if they are not kind. Yes, following his teaching is very hard, so hard that the vast majority of Christians fail at it.

Pope is a dope. Never trust a man who has an invisible master he takes orders from. Those people are delusional.

I'm sure the Pope and the Vatican will lead by example and let all the Islamic refugees inside their walls.

Makes me not want to be catholic anymore

Is he aware of how hard the church had to fight to save Europe from Islamic invasion?

"I am entirely of the opinion that the papacy is the Antichrist. But if anyone wants to add the Turk, then the Pope is the spirit of the Antichrist, and the Turk is the flesh of the Antichrist. They help each other in their murderous work. The latter slaughters bodily and by the sword, the former spiritually and by doctrine."

-Martin Luther

I guess things haven't changed much in the past 500 years.

Pope Francis has issued a 20-point action plan to governments on refugees and migrants to try to galvanise their response to an issue seen by the Vatican as one of the biggest global challenges of the 21st century.

In a message issued before publication, Francis said he had “repeatedly expressed my particular concern for the lamentable situation of many migrants and refugees fleeing from war, persecution, natural disasters and poverty”. The situation was “undoubtedly a ‘sign of the times’,” he said.

The document’s 20 points are grouped in four calls to action: to welcome, to protect, to promote and to integrate. Their “ultimate goal is the building of an inclusive and sustainable common home for all”.

In his message, Francis said personal safety and dignity should be prioritised over national security and, “for the sake of the fundamental dignity of every human person, we must strive to find alternative solutions to detention for those who enter a country without authorisation”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...itise-migrants-dignity-over-national-security

What would you expect a man concerned with spiritual matters to say?

Pope Francis has issued a 20-point action plan to governments on refugees and migrants to try to galvanise their response to an issue seen by the Vatican as one of the biggest global challenges of the 21st century.

In a message issued before publication, Francis said he had “repeatedly expressed my particular concern for the lamentable situation of many migrants and refugees fleeing from war, persecution, natural disasters and poverty”. The situation was “undoubtedly a ‘sign of the times’,” he said.

The document’s 20 points are grouped in four calls to action: to welcome, to protect, to promote and to integrate. Their “ultimate goal is the building of an inclusive and sustainable common home for all”.

In his message, Francis said personal safety and dignity should be prioritised over national security and, “for the sake of the fundamental dignity of every human person, we must strive to find alternative solutions to detention for those who enter a country without authorisation”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...itise-migrants-dignity-over-national-security

great how many refugees are the Vatacin taking in?

Most of the Pope's constituents live in developing countries while Europeans increasingly see him as some irrelevant mascot, plus they're deeply financially involved with the Soros crowd. Since his interests conflict with the health of the continent I suggest deporting him.

The left is going to start defending the Pope soon.

I like this pope and all but when you're talking about how other people should prioritize poor, fked up people........all while sitting on a gold throne and holding golden ornaments, having massive financial investments and living in a country with a citizenship system more restrictive than the NASA space program .........

<{cruzshake}>

x3467547898654

We should place migrant safety before the pope's security. This guy is a Jesuit imposter. Place them all in the Vatican.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Did nobody tell him that he's the pope and that nobody who isn't catholic gives an eff what his opinions are? This damn guy sectioned off his own country within an already-existing city, and now he's chiming in on the immigration policies of other places?

We should not concern ourselves with safety or security, now excuse me while I ride back to my fortress in my bulletproof car.
popemobile.jpg

This is false. The Pope is the default king of the world.

Do you remember what happened when he visited the US a few years ago? It was on every channel, the President personally greeted him, and he addressed congress. No other "word leader" would receive this type of reception, so let's just call it what it is.

So now the radical right wing extremists are gonna start complaining about the pope.

Last time I was at the Vatican, they had a big beautiful WALL.

Just sayin...

Back