Pope Francis makes me want to go back to Catholicism.

Morons and imbeciles like Lecter like the old child molesting popes best because they're tough and aren't SJWs.

Sorry if i cant be as edgy as you want.

Edginess really isn't the issue. Your OP is a link to the article and a single sentence that was a vaguely related question that you pretty much left to expire into thin air. If you'd actually started out with saying that you hope that Francis' words will actually make a difference, and that while you're not that interested in the theology of it you would like to aid the charity that the catholic church does, then that could've actually had some substance to it.

Instead, you continuously avoided answering most of the questions I posed, and at the end of it all you pulled a bait-and-switch with hope and charity being your true intention all along, instead of the theological concern in your OP.

Morons and imbeciles like Lecter like the old child molesting popes best because they're tough and aren't SJWs.

Lol, this pope is still a child molester enabling sicko.

The only thing he has done is talk.

In terms of actions, he covers up the rampant and pervasive pedophilia in the church with the best of them.

I feel the opposite, I was raised catholic and remain religious, but the church itself has lost my trust. I often skip mass and am no longer involved in my local church.

Pope Francis says some things i like, like that a good person who is not catholic will be judged more favorably in heaven than a hypocrite who claims to be christian, but hes too "progressive" for me and is too willing to help muslim """"refugees"""" enter Europe+the US, as if previous popes didn't struggle to protect Europe from Muslim invasion for centuries and this guy just wants to open the doors

I don't like how authoritative the church is, as if people can't have their own relationship with God unless they listen to the church. I was engaged to a girl who was willing to convert but they wanted her to go through months of first communion classes, then confirmation classes, then have us go to some marriage retreat to determine if we would even qualify to have our marriage recognized... they couldnt have pushed me away from the catholic church any harder

Thats the point in itself, people tend to fall into the same pits over and over again, tradition over essence, one gets to wonder if the catholic church even cares about the idea of god itself.

I always figured you more to likely go to Islam.

Lol, this pope is still a child molester enabling sicko.

The only thing he has done is talk.

In terms of actions, he covers up the rampant and pervasive pedophilia in the church with the best of them.

Except the old popes actually did that and there's is proof they did that. This new pope doesn have that over him.

Edginess really isn't the issue. Your OP is a link to the article and a single sentence that was a vaguely related question that you pretty much left to expire into thin air. If you'd actually started out with saying that you hope that Francis' words will actually make a difference, and that while you're not that interested in the theology of it you would like to aid the charity that the catholic church does, then that could've actually had some substance to it.

Instead, you continuously avoided answering most of the questions I posed, and at the end of it all you pulled a bait-and-switch with hope and charity being your true intention all along, instead of the theological concern in your OP.

Eh? i merely think this Pope is legit and you come out nitpicking non-sense about non-sense.

The theologic part is actually quite interesting since this Pope is going for the scriptures as opposed to customs when he deals with the world.

As to whether God is real or not, is irrelevant. God may not be real but religion is.

Eh? i merely think this Pope is legit and you come out nitpicking non-sense about non-sense.

See, now we actually have a point of contention. I obviously don't think I'm being nonsensical: for instance, in particular I thought my question regarding whether or not you are going to try to make a difference really cut to the heart of the matter, because answering no to that would be obviously hypocritical considering what the pope said. So, as an example, why was that nonsensical?

See, now we actually have a point of contention. I obviously don't think I'm being nonsensical: for instance, in particular I thought my question regarding whether or not you are going to try to make a difference really cut to the heart of the matter, because answering no to that would be obviously hypocritical considering what the pope said. So, as an example, why was that nonsensical?

Because trying to argue about intangible things is non-sense.

Whether i believe or not in a magic man in the sky doesnt changes the fact that religion is real and such a religion that preaches things like not conforming to immorality and striving to be good, is good itself by the changes it causes on man.

Because trying to argue about intangible things is non-sense.

Considering you invited to this, you do not get to make this complaint. That is indeed hypocritical. It is also irrelevant: my question does not hinge on the actual veracity of catholicism. The only premise that it requires is whether or not you think what the pope said is truthful, meaningful or in some way important.

Whether i believe or not in a magic man in the sky doesnt changes the fact that religion is real and such a religion that preaches things like not conforming to immorality and striving to be good, is good itself by the changes it causes on man.

As I addressed above, this is a complete distraction from what I actually asked.

Considering you invited to this, you do not get to make this complaint. That is indeed hypocritical. It is also irrelevant: my question does not hinge on the actual veracity of catholicism. The only premise that it requires is whether or not you think what the pope said is truthful, meaningful or in some way important.

As I addressed above, this is a complete distraction from what I actually asked.

No, i didnt invited to discuss the intangential parts of religion whether transmutation is real or the mystery of the holy trinity.

Im talking about the church as a moral compass and how religion tends to deviate from its moral purpose into mundane things.

No, i didnt invited to discuss the intangential parts of religion whether transmutation is real or the mystery of the holy trinity.

You say that, but you also say this:

I wonder how many priests and clergy still believe in Christ.

That is certainly far more in the direction of questioning theological veracity than anything I've written here. In fact, I'm mystified where you would even think I addressed that.

Im talking about the church as a moral compass and how religion tends to deviate from its moral purpose into mundane things.

And I asked you questions specifically about this. Questions you have thus far not answered. Questions you have thus far not proven meaningless.

Saying that the catholic church uses faith as a front to gather worldly power and wealth is one of the most common memes around. I mean, what's new here? Why is this the thing that makes you want to become religious again? Are you going to be the one to shake things up? And if not, won't you just be contributing to the problem he addresses here?

1.- Speaking publicly about it.

2.- The fact that there is reform that makes the church go back to being a moral compass to society.

3.- No.

4.- How come?

There, those are your 4 questions answered.

*intangible. Tangential can't have the "in-" prefix, and means irrelevant.

We can have this conversation in spanish if my english grammar is too unbearable for you.

1) Is that actually new? As in, is the first time any pope has raised concerns about how the church conducts itself? Because if so, something alluding to that would have made a better thread title.

2) Can this be expected? Is the pope going to implement sweeping reforms? There doesn't seem to be anything in that article that suggests it, but if and when that occurs it would certainly be news.

3 - 4) It sort of hinges upon whether any given catholic can be expected to be a martyr or prophet, but if you perceive a need for a change, why not be the one who tries to changes it? I've always found it a bit hypocritical to say "this needs to change!" but then not do anything about it. This is especially true for christians I should think, given that the very essence of the story of Jesus is perseverance through opposition and hardships.

We can have this conversation in spanish if my english grammar is too unbearable for you.

It's not unbearable at all. I actually had spanish as a course through middle and high school (we were getting to the trickier parts of gerundio and futuro if I recall), but most of that has rusted away. I can sort of pick out words here and there and try to guess at the meaning, but trying to formulate something myself would inevitably lead to hilariously broken spanish.

1) Is that actually new? As in, is the first time any pope has raised concerns about how the church conducts itself? Because if so, something alluding to that would have made a better thread title.

2) Can this be expected? Is the pope going to implement sweeping reforms? There doesn't seem to be anything in that article that suggests it, but if and when that occurs it would certainly be news.

3 - 4) It sort of hinges upon whether any given catholic can be expected to be a martyr or prophet, but if you perceive a need for a change, why not be the one who tries to changes it? I've always found it a bit hypocritical to say "this needs to change!" but then not do anything about it. This is especially true for christians I should think, given that the very essence of the story of Jesus is perseverance through opposition and hardships.

1.- Something doesnt has to be new to be relevant. If a Pope made a similar call centuries ago its irrelevant, Francis is someone who seems to value less catholic customs and value more the essence of the Gospels.

2.- Who knows, quite frankly im not that interested in codified reforms in the church and i see such codes as the problems themselves, if you lay the rules of the game, people start playing the rules instead of the game.

This is what i could find about it.

https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2016/12/22/pope-vows-vatican-reform-real-despite-resistance/

3.- Because im not a practicant catholic?

Thats the point in itself, people tend to fall into the same pits over and over again, tradition over essence, one gets to wonder if the catholic church even cares about the idea of god itself.

This is just all around dumb.

You said he inspires you to go back catholicism but then you say the problems are with tradition over essence.

That's just retarded any way you look at it given the fact that catholicism is heavily based on tradition.

Not to mention the essence of Christianithy is more illogical than the bull shit traditions.

Like I said, so retarded.

Last edited:
Back