Pope Francis declared having an abortion after finding birth defects in an unborn child was...

The only moral high horse I have, is not supporting the foolish, hatefilled propaganda of the Nazi's. So, good luck with your pile of horse shit, Nazi.

You don't know shit about the Nazis, outside of what you've read on U.S. propaganda.

Now go read how much of your good ol' American science was founded on ground-work laid out by the Nazis. Do you know why all those scientists who did the Nazi human experimentations, all that grisly shit you've heard about in your little Hollywood depictions, never got convicted of any crimes? Because your boys in the CIA and the government protected them, in order to benefit from their work. Seized them as U.S. assets and put them to work, the same kind of work they always did.

That's the reality.

Where you live, or where the Pope lives, is not reality. It's some fantasy utopia where everybody gets to have a feel-good ending. Hate to break it to you, but they don't.

Today, at the very least, we possess the capacity to make it more certain that a person can lead somewhat of a decent life.

You don't know shit about the Nazis, outside of what you've read on U.S. propaganda.

Now go read how much of your good ol' American science was founded on ground-work laid out by the Nazis. Do you know why all those scientists who did the Nazi human experimentations, all that grisly shit you've heard about in your little Hollywood depictions, never got convicted of any crimes? Because your boys in the CIA and the government protected them, in order to benefit from their work. Seized them as U.S. assets and put them to work, the same kind of work they always did.

That's the reality.

Where you live, or where the Pope lives, is not reality. It's some fantasy utopia where everybody gets to have a feel-good ending. Hate to break it to you, but they don't.
Go on, keep touting the Nazis. I love watching assholes like you self destruct.

Even Hitler found it regrettable that he was born too early for a world that was not yet ready to accept his ideals. But he knew that inevitably, the human societies would be founded on eugenics, euthanasia, abortion, universal health care, education, extensive pensions, free housing, environmental protection, animal preservation, veganism, etc. as Hitler had planned for the Nazi society. Few people, outside of religious whackjobs and contradictory reactionaries, resist such ideas today.

For example Iceland has become a country where "Down's children" basically do not exist any longer. Even the Nazis did not ever get as close to successfully exterminating the mentally/physically handicapped. But in our times, such a thing may become possible, a complete eradication of persons who are incapable of living a fulfilling and respectable human life.
giphy.gif

Go on, keep touting the Nazis. I love watching assholes like you self destruct.

The thing I find truly sad is that none of you are even capable of countering a single point that I'm making, even if I'm literally giving up all the flanks for free with Hitler and the goddamn Nazis.

Imagine you actually, legitimately, came across somebody that truly believed what I'm saying. Is this seriously the best effort that you can muster up, as a defense of humanism?

It's a damn shame how people take ideas for granted for so long, that they are no longer even capable of defending them.

You, the Pope, pretty much everybody here, you don't really have fuck all, do you? That's why you're losing the fight. I'm just here to remind you of "why".

Even Hitler found it regrettable that he was born too early for a world that was not yet ready to accept his ideals. But he knew that inevitably, the human societies would be founded on eugenics, euthanasia, abortion, universal health care, education, extensive pensions, free housing, environmental protection, animal preservation, veganism, etc. as Hitler had planned for the Nazi society. Few people, outside of religious whackjobs and contradictory reactionaries, resist such ideas today.

For example Iceland has become a country where "Down's children" basically do not exist any longer. Even the Nazis did not ever get as close to successfully exterminating the mentally/physically handicapped. But in our times, such a thing may become possible, a complete eradication of persons who are incapable of living a fulfilling and respectable human life.
What is so controversial about this post that people are calling you a terrible person/etc? I'm missing something

What is so controversial about this post that people are calling you a terrible person/etc? I'm missing something
do you think we should eradicate all physically and mentally handicapped people?

do you think we should eradicate all physically and mentally handicapped people?
I dont think that is what he is saying? Hes speaking honestly about the direction he thinks we are heading, with the possibilities made by science, and who paved the way for it. Calling him a terrible person does nothing to stop what seems to be inevitable.

The only way I see to stop it is for everyone to turn back to religion. Because man will always be heading in this direction.

I dont think that is what he is saying? Hes speaking honestly about the direction he thinks we are heading, with the possibilities made by science, and who paved the way for it. Calling him a terrible person does nothing to stop what seems to be inevitable.

The only way I see to stop it is for everyone to turn back to religion. Because man will always be heading in this direction.
Few people, outside of religious whackjobs and contradictory reactionaries, resist such ideas today.

it kinda sounds like he's saying it. But I havent called him any names. I just think if he does think that way, its pretty fucked up.

True colors, displayed itt.

Potential mass murderer, exposed itt.

you it is really amazing the stupidity around today. Also shown in this thread. The ´moral´wack jobs. Especially the irony of those doing it in the name of christianity while they then ignore christianitys actual roots.

I'm not touching this at all. yikes.

i think he worded it wrong but english not his first language neither is mine. But i think he is getting at is progressive countries today like Iceland can clearly see the benefit in helping people and preventing people from living in horrible conditions or have bad lives.

Depends how you look at it. Would you eliminate future handicapped people if you could? Not through rounding them up and killing them of course, but through advancements in science, that would eliminate disabilities at birth, coupled with the choice to abort "undesirables" at the earliest stage possible. We're undeniably headed that way.

Then there's the euthanasia debate. Sounds noble to give people the option, but once you open that door, who knows where it leads? Does that choice get expanded to a point where people are given a choice to "mercifully" put disabled/diseased people down like pets, because they are unable to make the choice themselves? I don't think that will happen, but you never know what might seem "humane" in the future, that has evolved from the decisions we make today.

True colors, displayed itt.

Potential mass murderer, exposed itt.
Nazi threads always bring out the best in everyone.

Thanks pope frank.

While I disagree with his position I am not surprised, after all, he's the Pope.

I am just glad he generally preaches an open and empathetic, some might even say humanist, world view. By the standards of Popes he is just fine.

Even Hitler found it regrettable that he was born too early for a world that was not yet ready to accept his ideals. But he knew that inevitably, the human societies would be founded on eugenics, euthanasia, abortion, universal health care, education, extensive pensions, free housing, environmental protection, animal preservation, veganism, etc. as Hitler had planned for the Nazi society.

EMMURE-EDGY-600x600.jpg

Depends how you look at it. Would you eliminate future handicapped people if you could? Not through rounding them up and killing them of course, but through advancements in science, that would eliminate disabilities at birth, coupled with the choice to abort "undesirables" at the earliest stage possible. We're undeniably headed that way.

Then there's the euthanasia debate. Sounds noble to give people the option, but once you open that door, who knows where it leads? Does that choice get expanded to a point where people are given a choice to "mercifully" put disabled/diseased people down like pets, because they are unable to make the choice themselves? I don't think that will happen, but you never know what might seem "humane" in the future, that has evolved from the decisions we make today.
it creates a bit of a problem with what do you consider physically/mentally handicapped? until those parameters are set and I can really know what Im arguing for or against I tend to lean towards not killing disabled people. Euthanasia is a different question for me. If someone has a terminal illness and decides they dont want to wait(for example), who am I to say they cant? but again until I know what parameters the law(if it was ever introduced) allowed I couldnt argue for or against Euthanasia

On the surface it is a controversial post, and probably should be. But that is only if people think that today's outcomes will amount to the same exact results, as they did for the Nazis. The Nazi genocides were a product of a particular time and place, quite far off from modern realities.

Not putting human life at the center of everything, does not inevitably lead to the same amount of suffering and atrocities that it may have led to in the times of Hitler and the Nazis. Today, we have means at our disposal with which we can prevent children with serious defects from being born, before they reach the stage of developed human life.

It is not Hitler who is ordering people to abort their children. It is the people themselves who are choosing to do so, by their own will. And there are no gas chambers or concentration camps being utilized to accomplish the feat, either. The shame of Nazi atrocities, does not really resonate with people who partake in the modern version of "eugenics", because scientific progress in these areas has basically reduced the element of human suffering, down to nothing.

It's not a matter of whether we should or should not. It's happening, whether we like to admit it or not.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/down-syndrome-iceland/

Are Icelandic people Nazis? Maybe or maybe not. But they've accomplished something even Hitler couldn't do. And I reckon that they won't be the only ones to do it, eventually.

I actually advocate for limitations on abortions, etc. to increase population growth in my own country, which is suffering from an aging population, and a huge decrease of birth rates. But my arguments have nothing to do with the shame game that the Pope is trying to play, which is bound to end in failure due to a complete misunderstanding of the respective circumstances. For me, it's just about basic maintenance of a society for the long-term.

For some societies, abortions are a dire necessity.

Back