Pope Francis Accused of Propagating Heresey By 62 Catholics

Well, nobody is arguing against the fact that slothfulness is not good, and hard work is good. I see nothing especially compelling about this sentiment in the bible. Just because this is a good general rule of thumb does not preclude Paul from instructing christians to do their work, and not gossip about the second coming, considering Jesus said nobody, not even him, knows when this will happen. This is contradicted by him telling his disciples that it will happen within the lifetimes of some of them, but then again, Paul disagrees with a lot of things Jesus said when, as Paul puts it, "in the flesh".

On reading the text again, I agree with you on Paul's sentiment and goal in that passage. However, that proverb is odd.
Really can't see at all where Paul is addressing gossiping about the second coming whatsoever in this passage.

Here it is in the NIV version .

6In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching6 Or tradition you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
11We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. 13And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.
14Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

1396400124828.jpg

I was raised in a pretty bland religion. I very much believe in its tenets but ever since I was a kid I really liked the imagery behind the knight templar and the idea of going on a holy war. Vietnamese Buddhist don't get to have holy wars.

I was stationed at Fort Knox during 9/11. I remember the Christian Marines seeing the face of the devil in the smoke of the towers. and listening to them pray to go on a modern crusade.

I remember asking this Algerian atheist Marine is it just me because I am pretty sure that smoke looks like a face because of there were two tower which casued angles.. He replied to me ya but wouldn't it be great to believe like that. And I though ya it would.

There is a certain amount of pageantry to it like Pride compared to the UFC. The UFC might be a purer fighting arena and never had works but they had more fun in Pride.

I put the sjw stuff far below

1. Being an old virgin in a dress who presides over a church that teaches people in AIDs ridden Africa that condoms are bad

2. Having done nothing to get rid of the pedophilic priests, and have them face "Worldly justice" as he would call it

3. Being the head of the richest organization on Earth, while claiming to adhere to the teachings of Jesus

These are all definitely concerning. Except the part about him being a virgin. That isn't relevant. The RCC approach to contraception is unbiblical, period.

I was raised in a pretty bland religion. I very much believe in its tenets but ever since I was a kid I really liked the imagery behind the knight templar and the idea of going on a holy war. Vietnamese Buddhist don't get to have holy wars.

I was stationed at Fort Knox during 9/11. I remember the Christian Marines seeing the face of the devil in the smoke of the towers. and listening to them pray to go on a modern crusade.

I remember asking this Algerian atheist Marine is it just me because I am pretty sure that smoke looks like a face because of there were two tower which casued angles.. He replied to me ya but wouldn't it be great to believe like that. And I though ya it would.

There is a certain amount of pageantry to it like Pride compared to the UFC. The UFC might be a purer fighting arena and never had works but they had more fun in Pride.
Maybe Islam is more your thing cause that's a very jihadist thing to say.

These are all definitely concerning. Except the part about him being a virgin. That isn't relevant. The RCC approach to contraception is unbiblical, period.

Uh, yeah, the Catholic Church' position is in fact quite biblical.

Genesis makes it quite clear

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother's wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also.

Him being an old virgin who talks directly to God is an issue when telling married couples in the developing world about the sinfulness of condoms. I dont think it's a healthy attitude to take dietary advice from an obese person or an anorexic, and listening to a virgin about sex is just as creepy.

Why listen to people who live their lives listening to a book written by people who were terrified of semen and menstrual blood?

“If any man among you becomes unclean because of a nocturnal emission, then he shall go outside the camp. He shall not come inside the camp"

Creeeeepy as fuck.

Uh, yeah, the Catholic Church' position is in fact quite biblical.

Genesis makes it quite clear

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother's wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also.

That passage explains a cultural obligation regarding impregnating a man's wife so his lineage continues. Onan didn't want his line to share with his brothers'. That was his crime, the passage is not intimating that blowing a load on the ground is sinful in and of itself. The Pope being a virgin isn't relevant either. He isn't giving sex tips, he's upholding a mistaken belief that contraception is sinful. He could be randy as all get out, score every night and still hold the same belief.

That passage explains a cultural obligation regarding impregnating a man's wife so his lineage continues. Onan didn't want his line to share with his brothers'. That was his crime, the passage is not intimating that blowing a load on the ground is sinful in and of itself. The Pope being a virgin isn't relevant either. He isn't giving sex tips, he's upholding a mistaken belief that contraception is sinful. He could be randy as all get out, score every night and still hold the same belief.

The bible, particularly the old testament, has a freakish obsession with semen and menstrual blood. One could easily use this to justify an aversion to contraceptives. The Bible makes it pretty clear, never waste your seed. The logical line is pretty clear from a Catholic point of view.

The virginity and sexual repression have been hallmarks of Catholicism, and Christianity in general for centuries now. These people who take the book seriously do not have rational, healthy attitudes towards sex, so yes, when they go and tell people in Africa not to use condoms, this is a problem directly related to the repression they preach. If one has had normal sexual relationships with women, I think one would feel less inclined to speak such utter nonsense about condoms.

The bible, particularly the old testament, has a freakish obsession with semen and menstrual blood. One could easily use this to justify an aversion to contraceptives. The Bible makes it pretty clear, never waste your seed. The logical line is pretty clear from a Catholic point of view.

The virginity and sexual repression have been hallmarks of Catholicism, and Christianity in general for centuries now. These people who take the book seriously do not have rational, healthy attitudes towards sex, so yes, when they go and tell people in Africa not to use condoms, this is a problem directly related to the repression they preach. If one has had normal sexual relationships with women, I think one would feel less inclined to speak such utter nonsense about condoms.

Aside from an oft-misunderstood passage about Onan, do you have any other examples of the bolded claim?

Aside from an oft-misunderstood passage about Onan, do you have any other examples of the bolded claim?

No other passages about conscious seed spilling, but it does show that even nocturnal emissions make one unclean.

Lev 15: 16-18
“If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water and be unclean until the evening. And every garment and every skin on which the semen comes shall be washed with water and be unclean until the evening. If a man lies with a woman and has an emission of semen, both of them shall bathe themselves in water and be unclean until the evening."

Deut 23:10
“If any man among you becomes unclean because of a nocturnal emission, then he shall go outside the camp. He shall not come inside the camp,

Lev 22:4
None of the offspring of Aaron who has a leprous disease or a discharge may eat of the holy things until he is clean. Whoever touches anything that is unclean through contact with the dead or a man who has had an emission of semen

At the very least, whoever wrote these books was a fucking weirdo, and obsessive over semen for some reason.

And then there is this
Prov 5:15-23 - I dont know what exactly this means, but it is fucking weird as hell

Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well. Should your springs be scattered abroad, streams of water in the streets? Let them be for yourself alone, and not for strangers with you. Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love. ...

Yeah, talked to a catholic friend who is currently becoming a priest and this was pretty much what he said. It's troubling for the church at first look (first thing like this in centuries!), but these are basically a whos-who of nobodies. Also, while he was sympathetic to other arguments, some were nonsensical.

I'm guessing the sort of "heritical behavior" they're talking about is having the audacity to say that it is the church's responsibility to look after and care for unwed mothers and their children, and that the Church should stop refusing to baptize children born to single mothers. He baptized a child born to unwed parents in the Sistine Chapel, and that rustled some jimmies.

He also believes that the church should stop refusing church services and last rites to people who commit suicide. His overall stance on most issues is one of mercy and tolerance. As a Catholic, I'm well aware that the overall opinion of the Church in regards to mercy is that ain't nobody got time for that.

BISHOP Benard Fellay had the excommunication lifted by Pope Benedict. The only reason why he was excommunicated in the first place was because St. JPII didnt authorize his ordination as a bishop at the hands of Arch Bishop Marcel Lefevbre of the society of St pius X. And up unto this poInt has been in talks with Pope Francis for regularization of the SSPX within the church. Please don't try to smear his name as he is probably one of the most orthodox and holy bishops today including Arch bishop Raymond Burke. Who along with other bishop's and cardinals wrote a private letter to the Pope asking him to affirm the Traditional teachings on marriage.

This has been a major problem for nearly a year now. With multiple attempts to get clarity. This group finally felt the need for correction.

I'm not attempting to smear anyone's name. It is an objective fact that the man was excommunicated, and took the actions he took knowing that it would lead to his excommuncation. Lefevbfe, Fellay and the others went ahead after being told directly by the Pope not to do so. Someon that Orthodox and Holy would understand what that meant.

I had a while where I was "working" in college with nothing to do, so I had gotten to the point that I pretty much dont have problems outside of srs reanimation biomes no cage trap challenges. The first really memorable loss was a FB with necrosis syndrome. Didn't kill all my my dwarves directly. Some went insane from the miasma or got killed by various beasties invading my shambles of a fort.

I might try out the new version when it gets released.
I have only ever watched youtube lets plays of it, I don't have the balls yet to try. Though just by watching it looks amazing with the level of depth it has. My only turn off is the text graphics. It is too bad no one has remade it with 3d. Though I think it would be a impossible task with all the little bits of story and text that gets randomly generated.
Any tips for a newb starting out?

I'll actually answer why. I am a Buddhist by religion. However I am a cultural Christian. Which means I believe believing in traditional Christianity is the best way to preserve the west. I see the Pope as moving away from the Church that fought the crusades and believed in the West and moving to this PC watered down version.

I personally believe that the Orthodox Church has the answers to saving the west and am glad Putin is bringing it back.
As to the Pope
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Holman Christian Standard Bible So, because you are lukewarm,
What exactly is a cultural christian?
Can you name atleast 5 things culture christians do? Because aparently its not believing in god.(buddhist and christian at the same time)

Edit* how does Christianity save the west?

What exactly is a cultural christian?
Can you name atleast 5 things culture christians do? Because aparently its not believing in god.(buddhist and christian at the same time)

Edit* how does Christianity save the west?
Its 6 am so here is the Wikipedia page and Jordan Peterson to defend my position.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Christian

With Christianity people had a something to believe in and a basis for morality.
Without it we have failing birthrates, a lack of appreciation for the infinite and a lack of pride in ones own tribe.
It has resulted in a weak culture which has lost its will to power.

I'll actually answer why. I am a Buddhist by religion. However I am a cultural Christian. Which means I believe believing in traditional Christianity is the best way to preserve the west. I see the Pope as moving away from the Church that fought the crusades and believed in the West and moving to this PC watered down version.

I personally believe that the Orthodox Church has the answers to saving the west and am glad Putin is bringing it back.
As to the Pope
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Holman Christian Standard Bible So, because you are lukewarm,

But but the Crusades?

Bring back asbestos and the Crusades!!!

Its 6 am so here is the Wikipedia page and Jordan Peterson to defend my position.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Christian

With Christianity people had a something to believe in and a basis for morality.
Without it we have failing birthrates, a lack of appreciation for the infinite and a lack of pride in ones own tribe.
It has resulted in a weak culture which has lost its will to power.

lC7S7dU.png

"I've been down so long, it look like up to me
They look up to me
I got fake Christians showin' fake love to me
Straight up to my face, straight up to my face"

I'm sick of people like you using people's faith to further their own agenda. What's worse is that actual, god-fearing and practicing Christians tolerate your kind when all you do is usurp and corrupt. Pagans in disguise I say!

I have only ever watched youtube lets plays of it, I don't have the balls yet to try. Though just by watching it looks amazing with the level of depth it has. My only turn off is the text graphics. It is too bad no one has remade it with 3d. Though I think it would be a impossible task with all the little bits of story and text that gets randomly generated.
Any tips for a newb starting out?
Lazy newb pack. Comes with tiles, a ui, and some nice utilities like dfhack and dftherapist. (Google tells me that this has been replaced by the df starter pack).

There's a quickstart guide somewhere in both video and text form.

I usually start by: designating a bunch of trees for woodcutting, building a carpenter workshop, digging 10 squares into a hillside with a 2x2 staircase at the end of the corridor with a bigassroom at the other side (15x15 - clears fast in dirt). As soon as the carpenter can he starts making 8 beds, a door, a chest, 3 chairs, and 3 tables. That will let you set up a door (basic security), a dormitory (7 beds) rudimentary hospital (chest, bed, table), a basic office (one chair).

Once the big room is done or close to it, dig a staircase down and start clearing out workshops.

As for everyone else, disable hauling on miners and maybe the carpenter, designate a 10x10 stockpile in a corner of your big room and set up some small farms on the other side. Once the stockpile has been transferred, build a still and kitchen, and use the remaining space to set up furniture.

Mason, craftsdwarf, and mechanic for stone.
Smelter, forge for metal.
Butcher, Tanner, leatherworker, craftsdwarf, kitchen for organics. Charcoal burner (needed for metal too), ashery, soapmaker.

Everything from there out is setting up industry in workshops. Usually I start digging out living quarters and security once I have the basic stoneworking workshops set up. The rest can wait a little.

For security early on, a couple cage traps in the entry corridor (mechanics, carpentry) and a pastured or chained dog will mostly suffice.

Maybe a couple weapons and wooden shields for security if you can set that up easily, but setting up a military is weird. Don't assign any hunters, woodcutters, or miners to it. Probably not your doctor, either.

I'm guessing the sort of "heritical behavior" they're talking about is having the audacity to say that it is the church's responsibility to look after and care for unwed mothers and their children, and that the Church should stop refusing to baptize children born to single mothers. He baptized a child born to unwed parents in the Sistine Chapel, and that rustled some jimmies.

He also believes that the church should stop refusing church services and last rites to people who commit suicide. His overall stance on most issues is one of mercy and tolerance. As a Catholic, I'm well aware that the overall opinion of the Church in regards to mercy is that ain't nobody got time for that.
Yeah, I'm not a Catholic so I'm not going to pretend to understand it too well. My understanding is that they took exception to some of the things in Amoris Laetitae especially in chapters 6-8, which seems to be what you're talking about.
https://zenit.org/articles/summary-of-amoris-laetitia-on-love-in-the-family/

Last edited:
good riddance to pope francis... he was always too nice and friendly, how can you take him serious... i want a mean badass pope!!!

So he does support lazy ass freeloaders?
hes literally celebrated for handing out free meals to strangers
or maybe the bread was free but the fish had a 5 shekel cover charge

Last edited:
Back