Pop ups / Advertisements killing Sherdog

That Quaker State Oil advertisement that's in Spanish is really annoying. It comes up every time I click on a thread or new page.

Every time I click anything, the ad blows up almost the size of the screen...thats annoying as fuck

That Quaker State Oil advertisement that's in Spanish is really annoying. It comes up every time I click on a thread or new page.

Download ad blocker or adblocker plus. It is free and takes a few seconds to download. It gets rid of the pop up.

But yes, I would get that pop up too and it is the most annoying pop up I've ever seen in my life

Download ad blocker or adblocker plus. It is free and takes a few seconds to download. It gets rid of the pop up.

But yes, I would get that pop up too and it is the most annoying pop up I've ever seen in my life

Yeah it's almost unavoidable. Thanks.

I've been having a lot of problems this past week constantly getting redirected while using safari on my iPhone 5. Getting pissed off.

Same, it's ridiculous.

After posting this I got two redirects back to back.

Lmao. Just deleted all my data and cache on Chrome just now. Typed sherdog forums into Google clicked on it. While trying the log in to the site I got redirected lol.

It was this, probably 10+ times today.

Screenshot_20170110-205733_zpskyubktwe.png

Is this what is slowing down the main site? I have adblock, it seems to take and age for the pages to load in and stuff.

I don't understand, Forums have been around for over 20 years and Sherdog has existed for about that long yet they can't get a functional forum together. These ads have been a problem for as long as I can remember and sherdog is the only website where they are a problem for me. Literally no where else on the internet do I run into problems like I do on sherdog.

I appreciate the hard work guys, I just don't understand.

I've been having a lot of problems this past week constantly getting redirected while using safari on my iPhone 5. Getting pissed off.
Redirects aren't funny

you could use adblock you fucking spazz.

I do and the main page is still fucked. The Lion ad somehow makes it through adblock, and even when ads don't make it through, the whole site is slow as fuck and some links are unclickable.

use a better adblock or get a new comp/laptop.

Yeah, that's a solution for a fucked site. Buy a new laptop to replace a six month old one. I have a better solution, I just won't visit the site anymore. At least the forums work fine.

And better AdBlock? Please elaborate.

Are you fucking kidding me with this fucking full-screen "Lion" shit? What the fuck is going on?

This movie is manupilative tear-jerking piece of fucking crap by the way. I recommend everyone to avoid it at all costs. Taste this you fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

Agreed it's at a point where you can barely come here anymore I was starting to think I had a virus, you even get the entire front page covered by an add filter that AdBlock doesn't remove now that re-direct you to movie add pages no matter where you click surely this can't be right.

I absolutely understand and respect the need for ad revenue, but the Sherdog homepage is literally unreadable now.

I'm trying to read the Top 10 Bellator fights article, and literally cannot do so as trying to go to the next page of the article just launches more ad pop-ups rather than the next page which I can't actually get to. Fight Finder is also unusable now. Having a video pop-up is completely inappropriate content for short bounce rate pages used for quick-reference.

Some ads are absolutely necessary, but after a short spike in revenue from all this spam people are simply going to stop wasting their time trying to use this site. I certainly won't bother trying to read anything else until it's fixed; I love this site and community but if using it is a total chore then users are just going to go elsewhere.

Back