Pop ups / Advertisements killing Sherdog

DOMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sherdog has become one of the worst sites on the internet for pop up adds and advertisements. I'm sure this post will be removed but the Sherdog decision makers have to hear from regular users of the site to make a change.

Tell me about it. I sometimes browse Sherdog from work, but I've started doing it less and less, because we're not allowed to install any add-ons, and it's embarrassing as fuck scrolling through forum posts with fucking ads for Russian brides and other dirty shit flying up on the screen when you're sat in the office.

TS must be Brazilian, because the rest of the world has been using ad block since at least 2000. It's an absolute must for Sherdog since they have like three or four advertisements, all different types, each more annoying and intrusive than the next.

Those pesky Russians hacking all types of sites nowadays.

If there was no adblock, i would smash at least 100 computers by now. Adblock is my little angel.

Download uBlock Origin
Blocks all ads including YouTube ads

I don't know if I'm the only one seeing it but the multiple Abdurakhimov vs. Abdurakhimov ads in the upcoming fights section is cracking me up.

Yea it is getting horrible.I try to read something and the damn page keeps moving from ads loading up then big ads appear full screen.Also I keep getting taken to some spyware sites.I keep my comp completely clean of spyware and virus.I dont want to have to use any blockers.Some of the blockers block out some stuff on sites that isnt ads that I want to see.Sherdog is now 1 of the worst sites I go to with so many ads.I guess Im going to have to use ad blocker again.

Last edited:
I use adblock but sometimes their drop down ads still cover shit. Annoying as hell.

Its the mobile ads that are the problem. I have a green name and even I get ads when using the sherdog app

I have seen people complaining about it for a while now

Mobile is ridiculous.

I keep getting redirected to malicious shit.

My only issue are the redirects that are taking me off the site. I'll put up with the ads but would rather not get sent to another website to be hacked.

Tell me about it. I sometimes browse Sherdog from work, but I've started doing it less and less, because we're not allowed to install any add-ons, and it's embarrassing as fuck scrolling through forum posts with fucking ads for Russian brides and other dirty shit flying up on the screen when you're sat in the office.

Uh those ads are targeted based on your search history bro.

Still getting redirected to malicious websites... wtf sherdog. I don't care about ads but getting redirected to sites/app store is unacceptable imo.

Still getting redirected to malicious websites... wtf sherdog. I don't care about ads but getting redirected to sites/app store is unacceptable imo.

I'm getting redirected on Chrome even though by Adblock is enabled. That never, ever used to happen. Seems like they're using some sort of embeds now that fool the filters.

Back