Poor Whole Grains

MarcoW

Bojacked Horsehungman
@Brown
Reaction score
when did people start hating whole grains
I still eat whole grains most days and think they are an important part of my diet
people say the food pyramid is stupid because it says you should it whole grains
just because some people are gluten free doesn't mean everyone has to be
im going to keep eating brown bread and shit screw all that noise
do you think whole grains are good?

It's because the food pyramid is part of a huge conspiracy driven by grain producers.....or something. Also cavemen didn't eat them. OK well they did according to teeth samples and some ovens we found recently but they didn't eat much. Probably. And we've not evolved since then. OK well we have obviously since we've evolved the ability to digest milk far more recently and we've even got amylase in saliva specifically to digest starches in grains but ignore that. Grains are bad for you. Well obviously lots of studies show they lower hearth disease and supply valuable nutrients and everything but they're bad for you. Ignore the fact that most of the planet, including areas with much lower chronic disease rates than the West subsist on grains and the fact that we couldn't even begin to feed the planet without them. Just avoid them. I mean, bread makes my grandma feel bloated - what more do you need to know?

Last edited:
Back