Poor Shogun....

I mean, at least now he won't be fighting Cormier (who might have held him down and beat him to death before the ref stepped in).

Jarl

(and that's exactly why I have also enjoyed the fuck out of watching him get KTFO by Lionheart.) IDIOT!

You only enjoy the thrills but not the agony. Clearly not a true hardcore like myself.

I liked when Mark Colman blasted him with a power double and cracked shogun’s arm.
The still with a foot on wanderlei was like the cherry on top.
Always one dickhead looking for attention in every thread.

I could never enjoy a fallen HERO! You stick to swallowing sausage.

Falling down is an inevitable aspect of fighting, it's the Ying to the Yang of being on top. If you can embrace victory but not stomach defeat you are living a terribly unbalanced life and not a true fight fan my friend. A balanced, true fight fan takes it all in.

Whether you are a fan or not.....if you know anything about how awesome Shogun used to be(pre-UFC especially).....this was just sad to watch.

It could have been Anthony Smith or Daniel Kelly tonight but from the moment Shogun walke/hobbled into the octagon.....the outcome was never in doubt.

If he does not retire, no commission should allow him to further torture himself again.

Yeah was sad especially me being a Shogun Nut Hugger. But is normal to all the Old School fighters. Chuck, Andy, Shogun, BJ,etc. Can't beat the clock and happens to em all.
He should have retired years ago. Especially, after his third ACL surgery. Still war, SHOGUN.

Mauricio-Shogun-11.jpg

anthony smith got lucky with that front kick just like jon jones got lucky with the knee

Am i the only one who wants to see Shogun and Vitor go at it?? lol

I really hope Shogun retires, they guy has stayed too long in this game and i am worried about his adult life. The man is like 60 on mma years. Hes been through wars since he was a teen in unsanctioned vale tudo fights before making his pro debut in 2002. Thats fuckin crazy.

That's how the sport works. Promoters like Dana push older fighters with name recognition onto young up and comers so they can build a name. He signed the contract offered by the UFC. Shogun had a great career one not many in this sport attain.

He is officially in bum fights territory now. He would lose in Bellator.

I could never enjoy a fallen HERO! You stick to swallowing sausage.
Why are you reflecting your own homosexuality on others man? Bon Appetit on all the sausage your mouth can handle...

We are not here to judge...

So far I saw one post giving credit to Anthony Smith.

The kid looks legit. He seems hungry, he looked huge compared to Shogun (crazy to think that Smith recently fought at 185), he's got power, killer instinct.

I like what I see.

This is an overdue changing of the guards. Glover looked old tonight. The young lions in this sport feast on the old lions and 205 has had some geriatric lions hanging around.

I hope Smith continues to perform and brings some life to 205. I really don't want to see Gus as a default paper champ, I want to see some fresh blood come in and make 205 the violent exciting division that so many fans like myself loved back in the day.

they all go out like this nothing new.

So far I saw one post giving credit to Anthony Smith.

The kid looks legit. He seems hungry, he looked huge compared to Shogun (crazy to think that Smith recently fought at 185), he's got power, killer instinct.

I like what I see.

This is an overdue changing of the guards. Glover looked old tonight. The young lions in this sport feast on the old lions and 205 has had some geriatric lions hanging around.

I hope Smith continues to perform and brings some life to 205. I really don't want to see Gus as a default paper champ, I want to see some fresh blood come in and make 205 the violent exciting division that so many fans like myself loved back in the day.

He’s not a kid, damn near 30 years old wirh 43 fights. 7 more than shotgun.

LOL stop bruh. You that mad shotgun got knocked out by a fringe top 15 mw fighter that has 7 more fights than shotgun?????
Lol bruh? Are you that much of a dumbass?? Or is it all pretend bruh? But seriously(bruh) what point are you trying to make here?

Smith has fought more that Shogun but is not as shot as Shogun? Did you ever think that level of competition has something to do with it not to mention Shogun has a whole bunch of unsanctioned Vale Tudo fights?

You are a f**kin moron. Bruh.

It's up to him.

He's still 3-1 and with legend status, there's no way they could do a cut.

For the first time ever, I thought he should have retired before the Volkan (Smith) fight.

I don't think he would be happy leaving on that note.

All that aside, he recently beat Corey Anderson, who just beat Glover, so that puts Shogun still inside the top 5-10.

The Glover fight next makes sense.

Back