Poor poor stoppage by Winslow (Merged Discussion)

I didn't think it was that bad. It's just you can see she can't break them up. She should be reffing guys that size.

Wow you are overreacting like crazy here. Nothing wrong with that stoppage Cody had his hands up defending. You are acting like he was out cold for a ten seconds while taking punches

She's always shitty. If Vilante wanted to, he could have kept punching, all she was doing is yelling stop and waving her hands.

She uses every excuse to grope and put her hands all over the fighters.

Nothing wrong with that. He was still conscious and covering up. If he was completely out and taking huge shots consecutively I would agree.

Stop whining.

You guys really do look for anything to complain about.

That wasn't the worst stoppage at all.. The problem is she wasn't strong enough to actually get in there.. And if Gian wanted to keep hitting him there would have been nothing she could have done.. She really didn't stop the fight, Gian just stopped.

I didn't think it was that bad. It's just you can see she can't break them up. She should be reffing guys that size.

Is it the refs job to break them up? Big John says it is not, he says Refs job is only to make fighters aware the fight is over. It is the fighters job to stop when called to, if they lack the self control or the ability to stop when told they should not be in the cage.

it looked fine to me, perhaps a second or two too late, but within the acceptable range, in my opinion.

WHY does she Referee the Heavyweight and light heavyweight fights, do they think this is a fucking joke?

What the fuck, why is she reffing a LHW fight. Stick to the bantam's or fly's, please. She look terrified lol

Damn I want to give Winslow a break now.

People are starting to reach. Cody was blocking majority of those punches, he was pretty out of it but its not like he was defenseless.

No other ref would have stopped that at a more perfect time. Good stoppage.

Kim winslow, if you are reading this. Good job, dont pay attention to this idiot who started the thread.

(there is a decent chance she looks at forums :redface::icon_chee)

Edit: Oh, it was the fact that she didnt fish hook the fighter off.... wow

That wasn't the worst stoppage at all.. The problem is she wasn't strong enough to actually get in there.. And if Gian wanted to keep hitting him there would have been nothing she could have done.. She really didn't stop the fight, Gian just stopped.

So you think even tho a fighter is told to stop they should keep going until forced to stop?

Negligible at best.

I will say she should be relegated to reffing the WMMA, lightweight, and welterweight fights. Equality is nice and everything but if I'm getting my face pounded in by anyone 185 and over, I want some sort of assurance that the ref isn't going to hesitate to pull the guy off me.

Really?

REALLY?

This thread is bullshit. I've seen worse stoppages in the last two months and by much more highly regarded referees.

Just face it--Sherdog hates Kim Winslow and always has and they're using this bullshit thread and that stoppage as some kind of validation. I thought that the stoppage was just fine. Hell, even I thought Donovan was attempting to recover for a split second there.

Better to be a split second too late and avoid an early stoppage

Winslow is a terrible ref but the timing here seemed fine. I laughed when she couldn't figure out how to time asking the fighters to come out of their corner before the fight, though. Agreed she should stick to lower weight classes; probably 155 and under if she's going to ref men's fights.

Back