poor Bob Sapp taking a Dive....

He's being paid 30K to "fight" and he has a "fight" almost every weekend. Not bad at all.

what organization did he fight in against the Turk? I'm sure Bobb takes US currency in his contracts. I seriously doubt Turks would pay Bobb 30k USD. The venue from the video shows about 1000 people attendance? Let's assume Turks are charging 10 dollars per ticket. 10K doesn't even cover his purse.

what organization did he fight in against the Turk?

I have no idea. The information I stated is from an interview that I read a couple of years ago. Maybe the numbers are different now.

I have no idea. The information I stated is from an interview that I read a couple of years ago. Maybe the numbers are different now.

It's either Bobb needs the money. Who knows about his taxes for both American and foreign soil. Like Pacquiao, whenever he fights, rumours has it that he only takes 20% of his real purse. It's also a big theory why Al Haymon is helping Pacquiao now since Mayweather for years insinuated his tax debts to the USA and how much his promoters and coaches were taking... interesting times we're in.

Or, it could be that the Turks paid Bob 20,000 USD. I could be wrong, maybe the venue held 5000 people attendance. The thumbnail shows more seating. I doubt the Turks would've even agreed to MMA gloves. Seems like a classic K1 style match. In theory the dive doesn't reflect his MMA record.

what organization did he fight in against the Turk? I'm sure Bobb takes US currency in his contracts. I seriously doubt Turks would pay Bobb 30k USD. The venue from the video shows about 1000 people attendance? Let's assume Turks are charging 10 dollars per ticket. 10K doesn't even cover his purse.
Mix Fight Championship , which I've never heard of before .

Mix Fight Championship , which I've never heard of before .

Bobb Sapp is an OG. Told Tyson straight out to fight him, and I'm more than sure that version of Sapp would've used every arsenal of his MMA IQ... not saying he could've beat Tyson in MMA, but Sapp would have some leg variance that could've worried Tyson. Tyson strictly said only boxing rules. ''Sign the contract.'' He then tells Mike, ''I'll sign it with your blood.'' Quite possibly all staged of course to boost that MMA organizations branding and payed Tyson to do so...perhaps...

I can't understand why promoters are still forking out money for this guy to fight, no one has cared about his fights for a long time.

It's not even remotely surprising. Hoost's biggest weakness was his poor defense, especially to punches. Even when Igor Vovchenchyn fought Hoost in K-1, before Igor's kickboxing was really at its best, he was still landing punches at will.

Now, Hoost had a tough chin and tremendous recuperative abilities, but a weakness like that is going to lead to a number of knockout losses against supposedly lesser foes, whether that be a very old Branko Cikatic or Sapp at the height of his physical strength, explosiveness, and aggression.

Sure you can make a case like that but I wouldn't say "not even remotely surprising".

He is getting old to the point where he wont have to fake sucking anymore..

at least he lost to a legitimate prospect in this fight.....oh wait, dude looks TERRIBLE

I don't understand how he keeps getting fights. Who wants to watch him at this point

Back