poor Bob Sapp taking a Dive....

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
da fook I just watch. Reminds me of the Danny Green vs Paul Briggs...

The days Pride fed him fights that made him look like Godzilla crushing buildings. Long gone.

Biggest Sapp mystery though, wins over Hoost in K-1.

Poor? He's made a lot of money taking dives. At least you don't have to worry about Sapp jumping over the ropes and fighting his opponent's entourage.

I wish he would break character some day and just destroy one of these losers

is he diving or does he really suck and not like getting hit and doesnt care if he wins since he'll be paid the same? his last fight in rizin, he looked the same but the ref refused to stop the fight and he actually wound up winning cause the other dude was more exhausted

is he diving or does he really suck

It was 1 leg kick.

Im sure it hurt but for a guy who shared the ring with hoost and other elite guys multiple times, he can take a few leg kicks lol he's just a smart guy who isn't too proud to collect an easy paycheck

The Hoost fights were legendary.. Bob won those both on heart alone. Great matchup and clash of personalities as well, Bob is a behemoth of a man and who knows what he could have been capable of had he taken this whole thing serious years and years ago.

The Hoost fights were legendary.. Bob won those both on heart alone. Great matchup and clash of personalities as well, Bob is a behemoth of a man and who knows what he could have been capable of had he taken this whole thing serious years and years ago.
I never understood that.. I mean Ernesto Hoost? Twice?

Twice, lol, and both finishes. The Big Nog fight and the Hoost wars will always be Sapp's finest moments in combat fighting.

If Sapp had actually been serious his whole career SHW might be a more common division these days. You never know.

I am so baffled by how he doesn't look comfortable at all striking. He could also have developed a good double and at least smothered some people

It's not even remotely surprising. Hoost's biggest weakness was his poor defense, especially to punches. Even when Igor Vovchenchyn fought Hoost in K-1, before Igor's kickboxing was really at its best, he was still landing punches at will.

Now, Hoost had a tough chin and tremendous recuperative abilities, but a weakness like that is going to lead to a number of knockout losses against supposedly lesser foes, whether that be a very old Branko Cikatic or Sapp at the height of his physical strength, explosiveness, and aggression.

Such a disgrace to mma but whatever at least he is open about it

I am so baffled by how he doesn't look comfortable at all striking. He could also have developed a good double and at least smothered some people

That's what I'm saying. I mean basic fundamentals you NEVER lose. Classic Sapp striking in any form looks legit. Against this Turk he is swinging like he doesn't know how to throw a jab or punch, so for me it's obvious he's getting paid to take a dive. Dude probably needs money to perform or ''act'' in such a manner. Seeing the comments in the thread, many know that Bobb could perform better, so it's obviously he was trolling in the ring. I've always enjoyed Sapp as a legacy journeyman for MMA entertainment, Big Juggernaut.

is he diving or does he really suck and not like getting hit and doesnt care if he wins since he'll be paid the same? his last fight in rizin, he looked the same but the ref refused to stop the fight and he actually wound up winning cause the other dude was more exhausted

at the start of the bell he just charges forward to throw a left jab in orthodox stance. lol. it's obvious he's faking a performance. just watch it, Sapp could've easily thrown a haymaker overhand right with the momentum he was charging forward, and I assure you no high guard (turtle guard) would've avoided the Turk from buckling over. Sapp has thrown overhand rights plenty of times.

Poor? He's made a lot of money taking dives. At least you don't have to worry about Sapp jumping over the ropes and fighting his opponent's entourage.

He's being paid 30K to "fight" and he has a "fight" almost every weekend. Not bad at all.

lol @ the announcers..."we know what he (Sapp) can do" references fight from 16 years ago lmao

Back