Ponzinibbio is the future of the Welterweight division

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ponzinibbio is young, has tons of talent, and obviously belongs fighting upper echelon Welterweights.

Another reason I say this is because everyone in the WW top 5 are past their early 30s in age, and they will eventually succumbed to the young new fighters.

I see Ponzinibbio being there at the right time and place to hand these older welterweights their ticket out.

Well he has good power and he's not too old. He is 30 so the time is now. Hasn't lost in a couple of years and has a few good wins.

Yeah, I could see it.

Lorenz Larkin has some legit wins. Santiago needs to stay active and off the sunday afternoon cards

C'mon TS everyone knows Erick Silva is the future of the welterweight division .

Ponzinibbio is young, has tons of talent, and obviously belongs fighting upper echelon Welterweights.

Another reason I say this is because everyone in the WW top 5 are past their early 30s in age, and they will eventually succumbed to the young new fighters.

I see Ponzinibbio being there at the right time and place to hand these older welterweights their ticket out.

Here we go with the ol Sherdog over reaction.

let's see him fight an actual top fighter first

Ponzinibbio is 30 years old and recently had a competitive fight vs Nordine Taleb (who's a bum by UFC standards). Ponzinibbio is a good fighter, not a great fighter. Ponzinibbio is also 30, he's not the future of any division and was soundly starched and outclassed by Lorenz Larkin who's also only 30. I hate to say it but the Gunnar win for Ponzinibbio was more indicative of just how flawed of a fighter Gunnar is rather than Ponzinibbio being some of new star...Ponzi is a good fighter, I'd like to see him vs Colby, Usman, Dos Anjos next.

Ponzinibbio is 30 years old and recently had a competitive fight vs Nordine Taleb (who's a bum by UFC standards). Ponzinibbio is a good fighter, not a great fighter. Ponzinibbio is also 30, he's not the future of any division and was soundly starched and outclassed by Lorenz Larkin who's also only 30. I hate to say it but the Gunnar win for Ponzinibbio was more indicative of just how flawed of a fighter Gunnar is rather than Ponzinibbio being some of new star...Ponzi is a good fighter, I'd like to see him vs Colby, Usman, Dos Anjos next.
RDA sounds good, hadn't thought of that one.

RDA sounds good, hadn't thought of that one.

RDA would most likely decline that fight just like he did with the Colby fight. RDA thinks he's accomplished enough to get known names only. Honestly I'd rather see Ponzinibbio vs Colby or Usman, I want to see how his takedown defense will hold up vs guys who will not just test it, but constantly test it.

I agree.

Santiago has brutal power real good td defense and is only 30.

I can definitely see him getting that belt.

Ive predicted hendrix, holmes, whittaker, holloway, rda would become champion.

Yes, Santiago will have at least his title shot.

RDA would most likely decline that fight just like he did with the Colby fight. RDA thinks he's accomplished enough to get known names only. Honestly I'd rather see Ponzinibbio vs Colby or Usman, I want to see how his takedown defense will hold up vs guys who will not just test it, but constantly test it.
Agreed about RDA, I just don't feel he needs to rush it to fight top 5 guys - just my opinion. I'd rather they keep Usman and Ponz on different paths a fight or two longer as well. Colby is a good option.

Lorenz Larkin already destroyed Santiago.

One of my favorite WW's, extremely exciting. However he can be very hittable as we saw in the Larkin fight. I expect him to lose some entertaining stand up fights against fighters in the top 10

Ive predicted hendrix, holmes, whittaker, holloway, rda would become champion.

Yes, Santiago will have at least his title shot.

You've predicted other champions (which most people did) so this guy will be champion too?

Nice logic. I bet you've said the same thing about 10s of others which didn't, bet you don't mention them though. Idiot.

You've predicted other champions (which most people did) so this guy will be champion too?

Nice logic. I bet you've said the same thing about 10s of others which didn't, bet you don't mention them though. Idiot.

I Ve predicted champions that nobody thought would become champion. Idiot. Triple idiot.

He is championship material but unfortunately Platinum Mike Perry will be ruling that division soon and the only way to beat him is to run away from him and win on points.

Back