ponzinibbio and his "accidental" eyepokes.

But MMA is real fighting bro. Thats what I heard anyway.

but your knee cap would be kicked in. you think others havent thought of that? lol. getting mad doesnt make you good. doesnt matter if your bitch feelings are hurt. that wont save you.

You sound like a real badass. I'm not sure if you're more of a pussy or an imbecile, but definitely a sizeable amount of each.

They should take people who have a history of eye pokes and force them to wear boxing gloves for twice as many bouts as the number of bouts they poked in.

Ponzi wasn't landing before it, Mike was using his head movement surprisingly well, looked much faster than Ponzi. The blood came right after the poke, Ponzi didnt land anything to cause it other than the poke. It had an effect and fighters can't call time out, the ref is supposed to do that. (1)Ponzi had to blind Mike to be able to land anything effective.

I'm not saying they should overturn the fight, (2)They just really need to watch out for that shit, especially when a fighter is known for it. If that eye poke didn't happen there is a possibility we would have gotten an awesome fight with Mike Perry vs Darren Till.
1. That's an assumption.

2. I completely agree.

Never really noticed it any of his fights before the Gunnar one.

But eye (see what I done there?) was watching to see if he had his hands open, which early in the first round, he had his hands held up with the palms open.

Eye (there we go again) can't say I've ever seen someone intentionally poke someone in the eye. If a fighter goes out with the intention of putting his hand on someone's face, there's every chance a finger will poke them and only the fighter knows.

I didn't even notice at the then time poke on Gunnar and then saw the next day there were 2 other pokes. Gunnar put in a complaint about it to get the decision overruled and it was Ratner who was in charge of reviewing it and didn't change it to a no contest. If someone like him is overseeing that process, he must think they're unintentional.

They're moving so fast in there it's hard to intentionally poke someone. Some fighter's like to have one or both palms open and it's up to the ref to warn them.

They're moving so fast in there it's hard to intentionally poke someone. Some fighter's like to have one or both palms open and it's up to the ref to warn them.
I agree, it is almost impossible to poke someone in the eye, when you are locked in the cage with them for 15 minutes, like, how would you be able to touch their face when your fingers are free and you have like 500 attempts to actually land an eyepoke

You sound like a real badass. I'm not sure if you're more of a pussy or an imbecile, but definitely a sizeable amount of each.

I have no idea what you two are arguing about because I haven’t read the thread. Regardless, this is an excellent insult.

It's bad when someone does it. It's disfgraceful if it there is a pattern behind it.

However this one looked harmless to me. Perry wiped his eye like once and did not seem to be bothered at all.

If you say it had any effect on the fight and the result then you are really reaching imo. The momentum shifted when Ponz started tagging Perry over and over.
his eye was bleeding from it, its moronic to pretend an eye poke doesn't have any effect on a fight, same with a kick to the nuts. shit throws you off. mind you my competing days was TKD I get its not the same

So a cut around the eye?

Quite common and usually not an issue if under the eye.

It obviously did not leak into the eye.

I am not saying that nothing happened. My argument is that it did not have an effect on the fight. And a minor cut that does not leak blood into the eyes does not have an effect.
lol man, you clearly have never been poked in the eye man or been in a fight. Stop talking its getting hard to read. we get it you think perry sucks

It's bad when someone does it. It's disfgraceful if it there is a pattern behind it.

However this one looked harmless to me. Perry wiped his eye like once and did not seem to be bothered at all.

If you say it had any effect on the fight and the result then you are really reaching imo. The momentum shifted when Ponz started tagging Perry over and over.

I thought Mike Perry lost because he got punched in the face 40 times in the second round.

Agreed. At a minimum, force those who have poked eyes repeatedly to start wearing them.
I like this. You poke someones eye next 10fights with closed gloves.

his eye was bleeding from it, its moronic to pretend an eye poke doesn't have any effect on a fight, same with a kick to the nuts. shit throws you off. mind you my competing days was TKD I get its not the same
Why do people keep saying that? He had a cut below the eye. His eye was not bleeding.

And I never said that an eyepoke does not have an effect. I said the effect of this one in particular is being overrated. He wiped his eye once.

That is my opinion. As opposed to many people arguing Perry lost because of it.

Even Perry said he has to work on his cardio. He slowed down and got more sloppy in the second. That's when his opponent started landing good shots.

And of course you have to assume that I am biased against Perry because I disagree with the excuse.

In his last 3 fights, the momentum shifted after he eye poked his last 3 opponents: Mike Perry, Gunnar Nelson and Taleb Nordine. I'm curious to know if he did it in previous bout. Referees really need to watch out for those in his next fights.
no.gif

Why do people keep saying that? He had a cut below the eye. His eye was not bleeding.

And I never said that an eyepoke does not have an effect. I said the effect of this one in particular is being overrated. He wiped his eye once.

That is my opinion. As opposed to many people arguing Perry lost because of it.

Even Perry said he has to work on his cardio. He slowed down and got more sloppy in the second. That's when his opponent started landing good shots.

And of course you have to assume that I am biased against Perry because I disagree with the excuse.
you said an eye poke has no effect, your either being bias or your just incredibly stupid I gave you the benefit of the doubt and chose bias.

I agree, it is almost impossible to poke someone in the eye, when you are locked in the cage with them for 15 minutes, like, how would you be able to touch their face when your fingers are free and you have like 500 attempts to actually land an eyepoke

Yeah, it's always being an issue. I know they're trying out some new type of glove - which I'm not sure what it entails - but unless they put some soft padding around the eyeballs, it's just one of those things that's going to happen.

Especially with grappling involved, where you're not going to have your fists closed to grab on to someone. We've even seen instances where someone is punched in the eye and the ref calls for a break. It's tough on the ref's as well.

you said an eye poke has no effect, your either being bias or your just incredibly stupid I gave you the benefit of the doubt and chose bias.
Haha no I did not.

You are truly limited mentally when you can only explain a different opinion with bias or stupidity. And insults don't support your argument. But keep going tough guy.

Oblique kicks are a serious bitch move. If some guy were looking me in the eye while squared up and continuously throwing front kicks to the knee of my lead leg, my only desire would be to slam him to the ground and choke him to death.

To bad you cant because he keeps kicking your knee every time you get close

Back