Ponzinibbio “Woodley says I shouldn’t be next for a TS because he’s trying to hold his title for as

Because Askren vs Lawler tells us nothing about where Askren really stands in the division, because we don't know where Robbie really stands in the division.

He's been inactive and he's getting older. You know how this sport is, some athletes suddenly look old over night.

I think he's right there but Colby and Usman are too. Colby deserves his shot and if Usman wins his next fight he deserves next but if he doesn't Ponz is right in there.

If Usman beats RDA, he's ahead of Ponzinibbio.
Askren will be a weird one, if/when he beats Lawler - he'll have a far better shout than anyone else and being the UFC's big new welterweight signing, but won't fight Tyron.

I can see them giving it to Ponzinibbio if Usman loses.

Askren whoops Woodley too

Theres levels to wrestling

Askren didn't 'whoop' Luis 'Sapo' Santos with his wrestling when they fought, so I won't be suddenly assuming he does it to anyone in the UFC's top ranks.

I'd pick Woodley, Covington and Usman to all beat Askren. Ben has never in his career fought a good wrestler, not once. None anywhere near the levels of the three I just listed - plus, all three of them have a remotely good stand-up game, they all tool Askren.

He's Argentinian. They won't give him a title-shot even if he racks up another 4 KO's lol. He already has one of the best streaks at WW, much better than Neil Magny's record even before the fight, and was still ranked 2 places behind Magny.

He has a good streak, but one of his last three is a controversial KO against Nelson and the other one is a decision against Mike Perry. No need to play the victim on his behalf just yet. Also, he just got a FN main event in his home country and completely destroyed Magny, so his stock is up and he will probably get a top 5 now.

Askren didn't 'whoop' Luis 'Sapo' Santos with his wrestling when they fought, so I won't be suddenly assuming he does it to anyone in the UFC's top ranks.

I'd pick Woodley, Covington and Usman to all beat Askren. Ben has never in his career fought a good wrestler, not once. None anywhere near the levels of the three I just listed - plus, all three of them have a remotely good stand-up game, they all tool Askren.
Theres always this with any elite fighter

"Khabib didnt beat tabiu (however you spl it), Fedor didnt beat Arona, GSP lost to Serra, Silva lost to little asians.

Ben hasn't lost to anybody. Woodley has. He arguably lost to Wonderboy who I am positive Ben would beat

I dunno man, I think you are wrong here
Great thing is we get to find out

long as possible “

Woodley knows the danger of a guy like Ponzi.

The duck has begun.
no.
That's because Ponzi just beat the #8 ranked fighter. He needs to climb up and fight top a 5, then maybe even a top 3 to get his shot.
That should be the progression, and I hate that this is not common-sense.

Lol!

Feed Ponzi to Askren so the scam would end.
I don't think being able to play rock paper scissors with Ponzi necessarily disqualifies him from title-contention.
You could say the same about every name being considered.
If contenders had to prove they can beat absolutely everybody else in the running prior to a title-shot, Woodley would be on the shelf even longer than he has had a tendency to be in recent years

Woodley is right on this one. Ponz needs a better win than magney or gunner to get a title shot. Get in line son

Ponz might do well vs Woodley but beating Magney doesnt get you the shot imo.

Wasnt Ponz supposed to fight someone else on this card and Magney fill in?

Lol!

Feed Ponzi to Askren so the scam would end.

I agree with that. It seems like Woodley is going to finish his business with Covington, so in the mean time Askren (assuming he wins) can fight Ponzi.

Careful what you wish for Ponzinibbio. Your striking accuracy is abysmal. I don’t think you’ve got much for TWood.

7 winning streak.. and you want him to fight a loser?

Gtfo.
You can improve your ranking fighting those ranked outside the top 10-15, but RDA and Usman would be higher ranked than Santiago even if they lose their next fight, so it's still a viable matchup. Santiago is 10th, Usman is 6th and RDA is 3rd. He's not going to get the winner is he, that much is obvious.

You can improve your ranking fighting those ranked outside the top 10-15, but RDA and Usman would be higher ranked than Santiago even if they lose their next fight, so it's still a viable matchup. Santiago is 10th, Usman is 6th and RDA is 3rd. He's not going to get the winner is he, that much is obvious.

Santiago was 10 before KOing number 8 Magny.

Usman is 6 and he will drop to 8 or lower if he lost to RDA.

Ponzi need a Top 5. Even Woodley said so.

Santiago was 10 before KOing number 8 Magny.

Usman is 6 and he will drop to 8 or lower if he lost to RDA.

Ponzi need a Top 5. Even Woodley said so.
oh I forgot they don't update until during the week :oops:

Well I still don't think they'd do his title run any harm, and Woodley will fight who he is told to fight. Sure Tyrone kicks up a stink but in the end he does as he's told. I now agree with you though, hold out for a top 5 and just pray it doesn't backfire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back