~POLL: Jos

Aldo aint really been a finisher in UFC, all his fights except one have gone to a decison. he dont have that killer instinct anymore and nearly got stopped by Hominick who aint won a fight in years. Pettis by TKO early round 2

Dangerous match up but i gotta go with my man Scarface.

Aldo aint really been a finisher in UFC, all his fights except one have gone to a decison. he dont have that killer instinct anymore and nearly got stopped by Hominick who aint won a fight in years. Pettis by TKO early round 2

If Hominick got close to finishing Aldo, GSP was "almost finishing" Diaz nonstop for at least 15 minutes.

LoL

Pettis has more knockouts and stoppages in the past few fights. What matters is who is the best NOW. That would be Anthony.

I've got Aldo, but Pettis has surprised me before.

Toss a fucking coin. Going with Aldo.

In a few more years I believe Aldo will be a top 3 pfp great especially when he makes the jump to 155. I already think he is but him moving up will solidify it in peoples eyes. Aldo wins this. Pettis made a mistake moving down. He had a better chance of getting the 155 title before it's too late.

Aldo is going to shock alot of people on how he will handle
Pettis

I wonder if people are just biased or 100% plain stupid.

If you pick someone against Anderson,Aldo,Gsp or Jones,you are either butthurt or nuthugging.

I dont get it,polls like Bigfoot against Overeem,wich is a heavyweight bout with a extremely overrated hyped up fighter, get like 80-20 big favorite.Now,mighty pettis or weidman come along and they get this close in the poll results?Thats fucking insane.

I really am upset that Pettis went for this fight, I think it's a huge mistake I wanted to see him fight Bendo again. I think Aldo will win fairly easily via speed and leg kicks, just out working Pettis.

Pettis is the better striker,Aldo is the better mma fighter.
Aldo can take Pettis down if he wants.

I voted too close to call but if I HAD to pick I might actually say Pettis. And I've never picked against Aldo either. Crazy style matchup. Should be fun.

oh come on dude

ur telling me pettis wont have an issue with aldos leg kicks ???

bs, aldos leg kicks can shred up any 145'ers legs.. i still think pettis will win but he wont come out unharmed

Aldo's leg kicks aren't any more powerful than top level kickboxer and Muay thai fighters. The reason why those guys don't just continuously kick each othres legs is because they know how to defend against it. What makes it tricky in that sport is that those guys can just as easily kick you in the face... Which is something that Aldo and most MMAA guys just don't have the ability to do very well. Pettis should be able to check/avoid the majority of those kicks. Jeez, keep in mind what kind of fighters Aldo has been fighting... Wrestlers and fairly poor strikers.

I know that the UFC gets (often justifiable) criticism for some title match ups made on hype rather than substance. but I give them credit for matching Aldo against Edgar and Pettis back to back. I am much more interested in these fights than anyone else at 145 at the moment.

I picked Aldo. I know that he sometimes seems to take his foot off the gas but I think that he is just the more talented guy. And while he has had weight issues (supposedly), at least we know that he is used to fighting at 145.

Back