Poll: Do you support illegal immigration?

Do you support illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 255 94.1%

• Total voters
I agree but how do you stop the flow?

I would think e-verify and extremely harsh penalties on employers
Penalties on enployers nees to be really fucking big and just make it impossible to hire them

Like @Fawlty and others, I believe some of us have difficulty in removing the "human" element associated with illegal/legal immigration.

Yea , it's easy to categorically say, "I'm against illegal immigration " but when you have worked with illegals, befriended them , heard their stories, discovered why they came here "ilegally" you can't help but to emphasize with them.

I still voted that I don't support illegal immigration, but I wouldn't call ICE on anyone I suspected were here illegally...
Unless they were violent criminals

Like @Fawlty and others, I believe some of us have difficulty in removing the "human" element associated with illegal/legal immigration.

Yea , it's easy to categorically say, "I'm against illegal immigration " but when you have worked with illegals, befriended them , heard their stories, discovered why they came here "ilegally" you can't help but to emphasize with them.

I still voted that I don't support illegal immigration, but I wouldn't call ICE on anyone I suspected were here illegally...
Unless they were violent criminals

I know an illegal in Canada, he's a good man with a family. I can separate my feelings for him from general immigration policies. I also don't blame him, I may do the same in his shoes, but I do blame the system.

Hey a 3rd person voted yes, good for you.

Penalties on enployers nees to be really fucking big and just make it impossible to hire them

Right...they do the same with tax cheats. It’s incredibly easy to cheat on your taxes and you’ll probably get away with it but very few do because they don’t want to go to jail.

Hey @Lionel Mandrake 97% of responders don’t support illegal immigration— but you know why you had to make a poll to find out? Because the right is addicted to this straw man argument... “Oh, the left supports illegal... blah... blah...”

Why don’t you start another’s poll: “Who’s in favor of pedophilia?”so we can get to the bottom of that one, too.

Last edited:
I can't work out how anyone could argue for open borders.

No but I would do it if I lived in some shit hole and wanted to get out.

Hey @Lionel Mandrake 97% of responders don’t support illegal immigration— but you know why you had to make a poll to find out? Because the right is addicted to this straw man argument... “Oh, the left supports illegal... blah... blah...”

You can see from the results of your own poll that it is utter BS. So can we finally put this shit to bed?

To say “I am against illegal immigration” is the ultimate empty virtue signaling... who the fuck is FOR illegal immigration?
Have you ever heard of certain places called sanctuary cities?

142-3

Glad logic and reason are alive and well in these forums.

1. I don't support illegal immigration.
2. I don't support open borders.
3. I do support a compassionate immigrant policy and moral and practical solution to our current immigrations situation.
  1. Give a clear, unambiguous, and risk free path to citizenship for the people who are already here illegally .
  2. Secure the borders with clear rules of engagement moving forward.

Why don’t you start another’s poll: “Who’s in favor of pedophilia?”so we can get to the bottom of that one, too.

Calm down there pancakes... I'm not even right wing, although I have been accused of it around here by partisan hacks.

I don’t even get offended when I can’t get in a night club cuz I’m wearing Jordan’s

How the fuck do people sympathize with the infest of less than animals types such as ms-13 or Muslim extremists that want nothing more than to kill as many Americans as possible.

We built this city on rock and roll and all these bums crossing illegally whether via crimes they commit or religious views they impose ..... they are trying to turn the music down.

I like my country. I like people who come to my country form all over the world. Especially when they do it legally within the parameters and procedures set by our government.

No sympathy for the illegals or their children.

Get in line like everyone else. Make sure you read the dress code

DgOypw6V4AI-8IB.jpg

The next Attorney General of Minnesota seems to support illegal immigration, or to be perfectly correct, free immigration.

No, unfortunately we have have become addicted to cheap labor, when the employers start going to jail something might change.
This. This is also why real wages basically haven't grown in decades or whatever it is. Cheap illegal labor is a hell of a thing to compete against

The idealist in me does . I wish we could take care of everyone in the world. Idgaf if the population becomes browner or the culture shifts as a result.

But the realist in me acknowledges its not possible. Thats the rub people have to come to terms with the reality that we cant help everyone for a variety of reasons.

The only realistic solution is to legalize the non criminal working ones that are here already, continue tightening the borders and go after the employers hard. Of course this will have unpleasant ripple effects across the economy.

Back