[Poll] Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's next Invicta Opponent....

Who should she face next

• Faith Van Duin (Invicta) Rematch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kate da Silva (Non-Contracted)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would go with either Dandois or Lansberg as Cyborg's next victim...I mean opponent. While Megan Anderson has the best shot of the bunch, she needs some more wins and name value build up before putting her up against Cyborg.

I think Lansberg is a real option. Invicta like bringing over these Euros/Asians/Rusians that nobodys ever heard of and then try and convince us they are a threat.

But, considering they were already scheduled to fight once, I just cant see any way they cant put her against Dandois.. Who else is Cindy going to fight? If they dont make that match then questions gotta be asked

I voted Evinger. She needs to have an exciting fight, and getting destroyed by Vyborg is about as exciting as she'll ever get.

Cindy Dandois in American football gear, or at least a helmet.

Considering Cyborg said no catchweights unless it's the UFC champ or Ronda, you can forget one against Evinger; it'll have to be made at 145.

With that said, I'll stick with my original options in Dandois or Anderson. Dandois would be marketed as defeating Jorina Baars who beat Cyborg in that Lion Fight meeting. Meanwhile, Anderson has been more active and the more well-known name as a result.

Last edited:
I would like Anderson as a matchup, should be a good fight - nevermind any "buildup" for name value and whatnot, if she's good enough to present a challenge for Cyborg, go for it.

Has Dandois presented the ability to take a good punch in any of her earlier matches? (yeah, getting punched by Cyborg will be different than earlier good punches, but still)

Has Dandois presented the ability to take a good punch in any of her earlier matches? (yeah, getting punched by Cyborg will be different than earlier good punches, but still)

well she got hit by Marloes but that was 6 years ago now, he took a few against Evinger.

I think the logic with Dandois or peoples feeling with her is that he can take a punch but will look to get it to the ground, and if she does (Shes got a pretty decent Judo base), Cindy on top of you is quite a prospect.

Its the judo that seems the threat with Dandois. Would be very interesting to see how Cyborg dealt with someone on top of her

Its the judo that seems the threat with Dandois. Would be very interesting to see how Cyborg dealt with someone on top of her

Sure, her grappling has been strong from what I've seen. Was just thinking if she has shown the ability to take the invetitable hit to get inside grappling range, or if she will crumble like most of Cyborg's opponents when punched.

Anyway, I'll be more than willing to buy that matchup too. Just preferring Anderson myself.

Sure, her grappling has been strong from what I've seen. Was just thinking if she has shown the ability to take the invetitable hit to get inside grappling range, or if she will crumble like most of Cyborg's opponents when punched.

Anyway, I'll be more than willing to buy that matchup too. Just preferring Anderson myself.
The hardest contact I saw Dandois absorb was a head kick by Jorina Baars at the very beginning of the fight. She didn't seem phased at all and rushed Baars immediately.

Peggy Morgan has never fought Christiane "Cyborg" Santos. There are 9 Invicta FC flyweights who haven't fought her. You only included 3 of them in the poll. I think those other Flyweights should start fighting each other and the winners face Cyborg. Amanda Bell could have a puncher's chance against her. As well as LeBrock.

Last edited:
could care less about Cyborg's next fight if it is in Invicta.

Saw you said Peggy Morgan was ranked high and had to google it myself to make sure. You know a division is shit when someone that is 4-3 is ranked #7. And it isn't even like she started off bad 0-3 and won her next 4 in a row. She has lost 3 of her last 5 and hasn't won back to back fights since her first 2 fights over 3 years ago. Further proof women's 145 is a fucking joke

Peggy Morgan has never fought Christiane "Cyborg" Santos. There are 9 Invicta FC flyweights who haven't fought her. You only included 3 of them in the poll. I think those other Flyweights should start fighting each other and the winners face Cyborg. Amanda Bell could have a puncher's chance against her. As well as LeBrock.

Liebrock is 1-1. You seriously suggesting she fight cyborg?

Peggy Morgan has lost three of her last five and doesn't have a punchers chance.

Amanda bell had lost two straight and has a losing record.

None of those three are credible opponents that could be sold as either a slight threat

And it's featherweight not flyweight

Liebrock is 1-1. You seriously suggesting she fight cyborg?

Yes. First, unlike other suggestions and many of Cyborg's opponents, she is not a 135 pound fighter. And second, she is tall. Cyborg has long arms and just continuously punches, so you either have to be big enough to hit her from range or be able to take her down (you could also try bob and weave and avoid her punches like a boxer, but I don't see fighters doing that). And third, outside of Rousey and Holm, there really is not one that is gonna have a good chance against her. At least have her fight women her size.

Peggy Morgan has lost three of her last five and doesn't have a punchers chance.

I said Bell and Liebrock have a punchers chance, not Morgan.

Amanda bell had lost two straight and has a losing record.

Didn't say I would bet on her. But she has decent height and throws punches.

None of those three are credible opponents that could be sold as either a slight threat

I only named Morgan because the poll had her as a repeat match for Cyborg, and the two have never fought.

As far as selling a fight, the UFC just had a fight between Cyborg and a fighter who fought and lost at 125 two and a half years ago and had a 8-6 record, mostly at 135, but also at 125. I don't think you can sell Cyborg fights based on it being a potential upset (outside Rousey/Holm). You sell them as beatdowns. Amber Leibrock and Amanda Bell have little chance, but I think their chances are as good a chance as Leslie Smith or the other women in the poll. My feeling is that Cyborg should only fight 145 pound fighters since she cannot make the lower weight class.

Last edited:
Back