[Poll] Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's next Invicta Opponent....

Who should she face next

• Faith Van Duin (Invicta) Rematch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kate da Silva (Non-Contracted)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Cyborgs next fight, she has confirmed will be Invicta and will assumedly be for the belt...

Who is there to face and who should she fight...

Charmaine_Tweet_Bio.jpg

Charmaine Tweet 9-5
Lost to Cyborg back at Invicta 11 in 45 seconds. Since then shes put a 3 match winning streak together, although it has to be said two of those were on the regional circuit, but then she destroyed the (over) hyped Latoya Walker in one round last month. Could probably give Cyborg a harder time this go around than previously.

Lina_Akhtar_Lansberg.jpg

Lina "Elbow Princess" Lansberg 6-1
Ranked the #1 player in the Nordic countries and would fit Invicta's style of bringing in little known european that they can build up. Lost her pro debut to Pannie Kanzad but since gone on a 6 fight bouce. Only problem is, like many of the FW girls shes only really a Bantamweight. Only one of her seven fights has actually come at Featherweight yet thats enough to see her ranked in the top 5 worldwide.

Peggy "Daywalker" Morgan 4-3
Ok, nobody really wants to see the daywalker get pummelled by Cyborg, but shes ranked high, so I had to include her

Faith Van Duin 6-1
Lost to Cyborg last time out. Lasted 45 seconds. No chance of a rematch.

image_crop.php

Talia Santos 13-0
The unbeaten Brazilian has some hype, rattling off 13 wins with 9 ko's despite being only 22 years old (Allegedly). Really have to question the quality she has fought against so far though, there seems to be some record padding going on, and shes really a bantamweight. Another anomaly of the FW rankings.

image_crop.php

Cindy "Battlecat" Dandois 6-2
Training partner of Meisha Tate has enjoyed some much improved form recently. Was due to fight Cyborg last December at 140lb and will probably think she should be next in line. But again, she is a Bantamweight fighter. Was willing to go to 140lb to face Cyborg, would she go to 145?

k5UjzuS2_400x400.jpg

Megan Anderson 6-2
Looks like Invicta would love her to be the new face of the company. Good looks, long legs and can fight. Recently moved her training to the US. Going against her, already has a loss against Cindy Dandois on her resume so may be behind her in the pecking order.

kate-da-silva-03.jpg

Kate da Silva 10-3
Strong record and the #1 ranked p4p woman in Australia. Has fought a few people along the way, loss to Faith Van Duin and a win over Arlene Blencowe (Bellator) early in her career. Purple belt at BJJ with 6 subs, her place in the Feathweight rankings is again an anomaly, shes fought most recently at Flyweight, a full 20lb's below FW.

Latoya "Black Mamba" Walker 5-1
Billed as the female equivalent of Mike Tyson. Dissapointing debut (despite winning) against Peggy Morgan, and then detroyed by Charmaine Tweet..

or

Tonya Evinger - Champ v Champ match @ 140lb

Evinger has said she would be up for it, Shannon Knapp has said she would be cool with it, but from Cyborgs point of view looks like shes not too keen on making 140lb again quite so soon.

This really does show the total lack of fighters at 145.

Its either Bantamweights fighting above their weight, or Peggy Morgan.

Im torn between either a Tweet rematch (Which would likely go the same way as the first) or Dandois. Got a feeling they might fly Lansberg over though.

i think they will go ahead and throw Megan at Borg

I think they were possibly aiming at Latoya Walker.

if she had beaten Tweet, 6-0, billed as a big heavy hitting striker... she probably would have got the next shot.

Tweet destroyed that plan though

Cindy Dandois beat Megan Anderson she should get a title shot before Anderson. As far as her being a BW she has only fought one career fight at that weight and has stated on many occasions she would rather fight at FW.

Pretty sure Invicta has already nixed the idea of Evinger/Cyborg as being next, and Evinger also expressed that she would fight at 145 if needed for the champ vs champ fight.

I go with Dandois, but the list of opponents for Cyborg is pretty sad at her own weight class.

I'll go with Tonya at 145 for the title.
Other than her, Cindy and Megan are most close to being "legit" opponets.
I like Cindy so don't wanna see her do it, and Megan seems a little too green.

If Cyborg wants to defend her Invicta 145 lb title, then it only makes sense to book her against a natural 145 lb woman, not a flyweight or bantamweight making a concession.

Scratch Tweet off the list since she recently had her shot. Same with Van Duin. Walker lost. You're left with either Dandois or Anderson.

I voted Evinger, but it sounds like that may not happen for a while. In the interim, I'd be happy seeing her fight CM Punk.

Tonya or Megan. I'd say Megan needs a few more fights though. She's a super interesting match up for Cyborg though considering her size & height.

I think the Evinger fight just makes too much sense.

Evinger. Have Megan fight Tweet and Latoya to gain more experience. She's too green right now but is the only woman I can think of who has the size comparable to Cyborg.

Why do you have Peggy Morgan as a rematch, they haven't fought, have they?

Why do you have Peggy Morgan as a rematch, they haven't fought, have they?
No, they haven't.

Out of those listed, Evinger and Anderson look the most interesting to me.
Tho I'd prefer if Invicta would build Megan a bit more, so maybe it would be better to feed Dandois to Cyborg first.

Charmaine Tweet 9-5
Lost to Cyborg back at Invicta 11 in 45 seconds. Since then shes put a 3 match winning streak together, although it has to be said two of those were on the regional circuit, but then she destroyed the (over) hyped Latoya Walker in one round last month. Could probably give Cyborg a harder time this go around than previously.
I don't really agree with the wording here. Yes, Tweet did (T)KO her (in a very impressive way, I admit), but before that elbow it looked like Latoya got the better of the exchanges.
I'm not completely against a future rematch with Cyborg, but not right now.

(Also was there any significant hype for Latoya? Must have missed it...)

they tried to match Cyborg against Dandois bur Cyborg ducked her. Started retweeting people saying she should go to Bellator (hinting she was outta there if she had to fight the dark destroyer, Dandois), so Kedzie did the dirty on Dandois (who was in the middle of fight camp) and changed Cyborg's opponent late, then Cyborg ran away to the UFC - after years of hinting about it - to get further away from the looming threat of Dandois. Therefore, I voted for Cyborg vs Dandois. Cris Cyborg, stop run!

also: dat av, dimspace :D

I would go with either Dandois or Lansberg as Cyborg's next victim...I mean opponent. While Megan Anderson has the best shot of the bunch, she needs some more wins and name value build up before putting her up against Cyborg.

No rematches. I hate pointless remataches and all of those would be pointless. Put her against that undefeated Santos chick that I've never heard of.

Personally, I'd have fun watching her run over Gabi Garcia in an open-weight fight.

Back