Poll: 77% of Democrats with 4-Year Degrees Think Sex Not Determined at Birth (Gender Mega Thread)

Craigslist

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Three out of four college-educated Democrats seem to believe that a man can be a woman if he just says so, regardless of his biology, genetics, and genitalia, according to a skewed survey conducted by the Pew Research Center.

According to Pew’s write-up:
The survey … finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this, compared with 60% of Democrats with some college and 57% of those with a high school diploma or less. No such [education] divide exists among Republicans.

Why do you think 3 out of 4 college educated Democrats think you can chose your gender?

Have they lost their mind?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...cratic-graduates-cannot-determine-person-sex/

Additional OP Merged here
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/135941283/
Gender had always meant male or female sex. Gender was mainly used to describe words.
It is a post modernist slant to change the meaning of Gender in a physical/biological sense to the assigning sex to a language construct.

See if a word can be masculine or feminine, then why can't anything? Assigning gender as some arbitrary value works just as well as with humans, right?
Although with humans it is not so arbitrary.

Now, look what gender was used in for most instances before Obama's last term. Gender roles. Assigning behavior---again something without a sex--to a psychological construct.

So, you see the post modern slight of hand at work that appeared in the last few years?

We can assign gender to words to reflect them being masculine or feminine, and also behavior we see most in males or females with gender roles.....

So why can't we apply gender to mean masculine or feminine to humans????

ANSWER: Because humans have sex. If you have a biological sex then your gender = sex.

Lets take back TRUTH!!!

Just say no to doubleplusgood

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE: 1913 Webster's dictionary

https://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/webstersUnabridged_1913_gutenberg(2014).pdf

1. Kind; sort. [Obs.] "One gender of herbs." Shak.
2. Sex, male or female. [Obs. or Colloq.]
3. (Gram.)
Defn: A classification of nouns, primarily according to sex; and
secondarily according to some fancied or imputed quality associated
with sex.
Gender is a grammatical distinction and applies to words only. Sex is natural distinction and applies to living objects. R. Morris.
Note: Adjectives and pronouns are said to vary in gender when the
form is varied according to the gender of the words to which they
refer.

Too much of what is called "education" is little more than an expensive isolation from reality.
-Thomas Sowell

Tom032506sowell.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another example of the ever decreasing value of a college degree.

Also another example of knowledge not necessarily leading to wisdom.

When progressiveness out-trumps science.

Lol, this is direct evidence that these "degrees" are nothing more than a certificate of indoctrination.

The left has officially taken over the anti science position. Well deserved, they worked hard for it.

What's your opinion on this?

I honestly don't really have a strong opinion. I am a college educated Dem but I don't understand why people care what other people do with their bodies. It's actually kind of bizarre to me

I honestly don't really have a strong opinion. I am a college educated Dem but I don't understand why people care what other people do with their bodies. It's actually kind of bizarre to me
Thanks for sharing.

Breitbart

{<jordan}

I mean goddamn, i'm dumber just from reading that article. It's clearly talking about gender being different from sex, but here's Breitbart with the "DEMONCRATS THINK YOU CAN BE A MAN REGARDLESS OF GENATALIA REEEEE".

You have to be a drooling dipshit to not see that fucking slant, and yet here we are.

Breitbart

{<jordan}

I mean goddamn, i'm dumber just from reading that article. It's clearly talking about gender being different from sex, but here's Breitbart with the "DEMONCRATS THINK YOU CAN BE A MAN REGARDLESS OF GENATALIA REEEEE".

You have to be a drooling dipshit to not see that fucking slant, and yet here we are.
It's actually from a Pew Reasearch Poll, but what's your opinion?

It's actually from a Pew Reasearch Poll, but what's your opinion?

No, your slanted shit is from Breitbart.

If you want to hide behind Pew, then post Pew as the source. Posting Breitbart and saying "ACKCHYUALLY, IT'S FRUM PEW" is quite possibly the most low intelligence shit i've ever seen. You're not slick.

Breitbart

{<jordan}

Yeah, I mean here's the Pew quote: "The survey also finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this ... "

I don't care if people wanna argue that, but at least point out that there's a distinction between sex and gender.

They literally CITE the Pew language in the article, you hapless morons.

The survey … finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this, compared with 60% of Democrats with some college and 57% of those with a high school diploma or less. No such [education] divide exists among Republicans.

This is fundamentally different than saying "sex is not determined at birth" and semantically quite the opposite.

Even for Breitbart, this is a shamelessly dishonest and inaccurate story.

Oh look, people who don't know the difference between biological sex and gender.

Time for another "trans are icky" thread for righties. Please put a tarp down fellas, someone will have to clean up over you.

Do you need a college degree to read stories before commenting on them and accepting their (patently false) headlines as true?

Just another example of the ever decreasing value of a college degree.

Also another example of knowledge not necessarily leading to wisdom.
Lol, this is direct evidence that these "degrees" are nothing more than a certificate of indoctrination.

The left has officially taken over the anti science position. Well deserved, they worked hard for it.
Too much of what is called "education" is little more than an expensive isolation from reality.
-Thomas Sowell

You children are why we can't discuss politely in this shit hole.

Do you need a college degree to read stories before commenting on them and accepting their (patently false) headlines as true?

Yes because referring to others as children is just wonderful for constructive discourse.

Some people believe that their arm doesn't belong to them. We don't allow that person to hack away at bits of themselves, in a desperate attempt to make reality conform to their delusion. Instead, we give them therapy in an attempt to bring their mind and their body into greater parity with each other.

The same standard applies for the transgender issue. Therapy has proven to be a more effective treatment, then mutilation. This is bore out by the rate of suicides that post-op transgendered people suffer. The most conservative suicide estimate is 40%, the highest estimate is as high as 80%. Regardless of who's numbers you use, it's obvious this is not an effective treatment.

Here's another example of knowledge not necessarily leading to wisdom.

According to the consensus among the social studies done on the topic -- sex and gender are different. The fact that college educated dems agree with that is not shocking. I dont really get how you quantify the chemistry of it but its not my area of study

I would love to see the break down of opinion based on specific degrees the people asked, held.

Back