Political Predictions Thread

What do you guys think happens if we get stuck in a war with Iran? Historically that's great for the incumbent, but that seems to be changing. Would the Dem run explicitly anti-Iran War, and would that work?

I think that depends allot on what a war with Iran looked like.

I personally don't think that you can go to war with just Iran.

trump will be reelected president of the United States in 2020 .. and this will be another fun/funny thread to revisit

Incumbents always have primary challengers in presidential elections. For example, in 2012 Obama had multiple primary challengers including Dark Priest and inmate Keith Russell Judd.

I have no idea what you are talking about

Buchanan challenged bush senior

Kennedy challenged Carter

These are actual primary challanges where the president had fight in primary contests to be the party nominee for president.

I predict this will happen and if it does, Trump wins the primary but loses the general.

I have no idea what you are talking about

Buchanan challenged bush senior

Kennedy challenged Carter

These are actual primary challanges where the president had fight in primary contests to be the party nominee for president.

I predict this will happen and if it does, Trump wins the primary but loses the general.

"Dark Priest" prison inmate Keith Judd got over 40% of West Virginia's primary vote in the 2012 Democratic primary.

The point is, you have to define what you mean by "actual primary challenge". Otherwise if someone like Judd runs in 2020 and Trump beats him and wins the general, people will say your prediction was wrong.

keith-judd-obama_2214478b.jpg

"Dark Priest" prison inmate Keith Judd got over 40% of West Virginia's primary vote in the 2012 Democratic primary.

The point is, you have to define what you mean by "actual primary challenge". Otherwise if someone like Judd runs in 2020 and Trump beats him and wins the general, people will say your prediction was wrong.

How tf have I never heard of this cat?

He's got a sweet mullet-tail....pony-mullet.

The democrats hopeful blue wave will be a ripple, wins in special elections will bolster them but poor turnout (due to decent employment numbers and economy) will kill their hopes and dreams. Republicans barely hold onto control of congress.

Booker, Harris, and probably 3-4 other progressive hopefuls vie for the candidacy for the 2020 Dem ticket, end up in a hard fight with a well established democratic "sure-thing". At least one celebrity runs, plays spoiler knocking weaker favorites out. Ticket will be the "sure thing" candidate (Biden?) with a progressive VP (Guessing Harris). A divided democratic party loses the general, but gains control of the Senate. House stays under GOP control. Trump fails to accomplish much for the next 4 years. Two SCOTUS seats end up vacant because of this, as the democrats stonewall his appointees in a revenge move for Obamas pick never getting a vote.

2024 rolls around, both sides end up with clown cars packed with hopefulls. Both parties make massive concessions to get a canidate chosen to appease fringe groups, apathetic voters skew polls all over the place. Whichever party wins the white house loses congress. Lame duck single term president, both parties see massive upheaval as parties oust old guard holdouts and fringe lunatics, both parties move closer to center to begin attempting to fix the disasters that were caused by the last 4 presidencies.

(This is all wishfull thinking honestly. No idea whats going to happen.)

Ok any former current governor, senator, congressman. Maybe No one else qualifies unless when they announce I immediately call it.

Added:

During the Democratic primary race for the 2020 US presidential election, at least one of Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Martin O'Malley or Bernie Sanders or their respective presidential campaigns will criticize Kirsten Gillibrand publicly for her past positions on illegal immigration.

I'm 80% sure Bernie is going to run in 2020, but 80% isn't enough to make a prediction on.

So I will hedge. If Bernie runs in 2020, he wins the democratic nomination, and becomes the next president.

I know it is a bold prediction to choose the most popular politician in the country to win if he decides to run, but I'm going to run with it.

@waiguoren

Democrats take back the house and senate which infuriates Trump to the point he rage quits and then moves to Russia

Democrats take back the house and senate which infuriates Trump to the point he rage quits and then moves to Russia

I added the first one. For the second, please specify a time window after the elections for Trump's move to Russia.

I added the first one. For the second, please specify a time window after the elections for Trump's move to Russia.

Scratch the Russia thing. I will predict that Trump file for personal bankruptcy within 2 years of leaving office. So somewhere around 2021 considering he doesn't finish his term

Scratch the Russia thing. I will predict that Trump file for personal bankruptcy within 2 years of leaving office. So somewhere around 2021 considering he doesn't finish his term
Added. I tried to word it in such a way that you have the best chance of winning. This way if 4) fails 5) is still possible and vice versa:

4. Donald Trump will not serve a full term as US president.
5. Donald Trump will file for personal bankruptcy within two years of leaving the office of the presidency.

Back