Political Betting Thread

lol watching PBS right now.

Greenfield says that 33% of Hispanic men voted Trump, then in the next breath blamed it on misogyny.

Podesta speaking

Wow!! No concession tonight

So we're gonna get a trump acceptance without a Clinton concession

Lol go home but be hopeful
Thats pretty pathetic

Just admit you lost, the last thing you should say is "go home but dont give up"

Especially when he said some states are too close to call when the probability of Hilldawg picking up enough votes from what left is mathematically impossible

Jesus. MSNBC is hilarious right now.

Hillary called Trump to concede. What an awkward phone call that would have been.

Unless I missed it, it was refreshing that Trump didn't thank God in his speech.

Yea, I've been on Trump for a few months but from time to time I've questioned myself a bit. Not enough to hedge until Hillary was +200 or so where I took the biggest freeroll of my life, but still. @waiguoren on the other hand has been on Trump the whole time and I think he needs some credit for that.

He took a lot of shit for his opinion and he was proved right on a big underdog. I'm proud of my bet, but his stance on this has been far more impressive. Sometimes his tone has been a bit harsh, but not as harsh as some randoms coming in her to flame him every time Trump's odds spiked.

WP sir.
Thanks bro

man I made like 30units on Trump plus paddy already cashed my hillary +100 bets :)

man I made like 30units on Trump plus paddy already cashed my hillary +100 bets :)

Wow congrats.

So many times i nearly pulled the trigger on Trump but hesitated including last night when he was +500. Bit gutted to say the least.

That said I think my politics betting heater is finally coming to an end.

I guess not!

Now that this betting thread has finally come to an end I'm going to make non-betting related prediction:

I really believe that the working class and unemployed that are celebrating this victory is going to get screwed over hard in the coming years. The president doesn't have magic powers. Even though Trump says he's going to bring back jobs from overseas, technology(automation) and common sense is working hard against him. There were will be a lot of butthurt people in the coming years and when they don't get what they want they're probably going to blame trump even though it won't be his fault. They think they have made a great victory tonight but reality will smash them hard.

Anyway enough negativity, I say thank you for the $$ and hope my stock portfolio will rebound as it did after brexit.

I guess not!

Now that this betting thread has finally come to an end I'm going to make non-betting related prediction:

I really believe that the working class and unemployed that are celebrating this victory is going to get screwed over hard in the coming years. The president doesn't have magic powers. Even though Trump says he's going to bring back jobs from overseas, technology(automation) and common sense is working hard against him. There were will be a lot of butthurt people in the coming years and when they don't get what they want they're probably going to blame trump even though it won't be his fault. They think they have made a great victory tonight but reality will smash them hard.

Anyway enough negativity, I say thank you for the $$ and hope my stock portfolio will rebound as it did after brexit.

Think about this though.

We now have a Wall to build. Trump is talking about infrastructure from highways to airports to the inner cities themselves. Add into the mix energy related jobs like the Keystone pipeline and then add a corporate tax cut from 35 to 15 and possibly bringing over the 2 or 3 trillion parked overseas and you might have the economy boom like crazy.

Sadly, the deficit and debt is still here. And that will eventually destroy us.

Hit Trump at +700 when I posted his odds in here which were way off (still capped it where I did originally), but I fucked up the amount and didn't freeroll completely. I really don't regret betting Hillary at -300 when I did as I don't think she reached lower until the election started. It was a good time to pull the trigger and a freeroll opportunity was going to present itself if needed. Everything had to go right for Trump and it did. With that said, I do think I capped it wrong when I pulled the trigger. Congrats to those winners.

Did any Trump backers hit him when he was around +700 at the start of the election? That was very early in the election when Clinton had a lead in Florida, but just barely.

Hit Trump at +700 when I posted his odds in here which were way off (still capped it where I did originally), but I fucked up the amount and didn't freeroll completely. I really don't regret betting Hillary at -300 when I did as I don't think she reached lower until the election started. It was a good time to pull the trigger and a freeroll opportunity was going to present itself if needed. Everything had to go right for Trump and it did. With that said, I do think I capped it wrong when I pulled the trigger. Congrats to those winners.

Did any Trump backers hit him when he was around +700 at the start of the election? That was very early in the election when Clinton had a lead in Florida, but just barely.

I only got him at like +300 or so, which I still think was good but I know of people who had a lot more then me on him and kept adding up until +700 and maybe even slightly higher on betfair yesterday. Think Swedish people had a huge edge here in that we already have a super successful party that works like Trump but with less charisma in elections.

Back