police ordered to frame black people to clear up unsolved crimes

So you don't think this is an example of institutionalized racism?

If you consider a podunck town.s local LEO as institution...then sure...

I am confused...quite a few of the names were hispanic so how would that be racism?

And if they provide enough to convict then I'm all for the death penalty for everyone knowingly involved.

I like you Cubo. Please be careful when calling for the death penalty. Apparently it can get you in trouble.

First off, this thread should be 20+ pages by now, this is an absurd case of injustice. Bruh just imagine if this was reversed. "black officers ordered to frame white people". This should be huge news right now so props to JoeyDredd for this thread.

Also he's highlighting that these instances aren't as uncommon as everyone likes to think, that racial policing and systematic tactics that involve massive disparities in punishments for blacks for the same crimes whites are punished for. These are issues that people on the right treat like it's not a big deal. Then they complain about black organizations highlighting these issues.

As if black cops haven’t framed or murdered innocent white people....to be clear I have a steadfast belief that we should remove violent criminals from society and, yes some should be executed

You didn't ask me but for some reason, for me to read "institutionalized racism" to me means a blanket concept across ALL jurisdictions in a country to treat certain people of a certain type a certain way.

Within this police department you could make the argument that this was institutionalized racism but it also sounds like the whole department wasn't involved in it and it was like a person in a position of power and just like what, 2 or 3 others? You could argue that given it's a police force that an institution used race as a way to prosecute crimes however to me like I said when I hear "institutionalized racism" it's more akin to the laws on the books in Seattle that used to dictate where people from Asia could settle or like Jim Crow style laws.

Just one person's take. Now, if that department was only the chief and the two cops then yeah, it's institutionalized but if the department is 20 people deep and the other 17 didn't participate? I'd argue it isn't at that stage.

Well said

I feel we see it a bit differently, while local its still an institution and while not all the police officers were in on it, for it to be coming from the top it leads me to believe that it still falls under institutional if that makes sense.

I tried to get arrested so I could be his cell mate to ask him but they just gave me a ticket and arrested my black friend :(

I’ve been arrested multiple times...seen plenty of white folks in jail...gotz nuthin to do with color...you just ain’t got that it factor

Where are you, exactly, on the spectrum?

And in case you don't know, framing black people is totally wrong. Cops should never frame black people.

What should I have done differently?

I would believe that they encouraged cops to go after vulnerable people (e.g., transients, people with records, etc.) in order to reduce the number of "unsolved" crimes, and that they looked the other way in the face of tenuous or falsified evidence. That by itself, if true, is horrifying, and should be met with the stiffest of penalties. Moreover, I wouldn't be inclined to give the police any benefit of the doubt, especially if I see a "blue wall of silence." We as a society should have zero tolerance for corrupt police officers.

I am however very skeptical of the "targeting people of color" claim because it gets thrown around so much with very little factual basis. Remember those supposedly racist cops who were exonerated by body cam footage? Remember Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown? All those cases proved was that there's a whole industry devoted to transforming ordinary police misconduct issues into racial issues. The mere fact that a person of color happens to be the target of an investigation (assuming he's actually innocent) means nothing, because it can be explained by other non-racial factors (e.g., if he already has a criminal record, prior similar incidents, violent disposition, etc.). Also, the mere fact that one officer is willing to make this accusation means nothing in itself. He might have an axe to grind, or perhaps he's conflating "racism" with targeting innocent transients. Whatever the case, he better have evidence to back up his assertions.

IMO, one way to turn the public against your cause is overplay your hand. If the police were falsifying evidence to increase the rate of "solved" cold cases, present evidence of that. But the moment you start charging racism, you've raised the bar substantially. Come forward with undeniable "smoking gun" evidence of racism, or prepare yourself for another acquittal.
selective memory, trayvon and mike brown could have been obama's son.

The arrest reports on the teen were sketchy and Miami's Attorney's Office dumped the cases, never filed any charges against the teen, and continued their investigation on the bumfuck village's 12-officer police force who are now being dragged in front of courts. But racism against blacks is institutional? Lol, OK. So institutional the institutions are investigating it and preventing it from happening.

Well im sure its a great relief to the countless thousands of people in prison due to corruption that the problem at least isnt NATIONAL....all politics is local as they say. if you live in a town with a corrupt af police department it doesnt MATTER if its not a national problem because its a rather insurmountable local one.
You’re right. Everyone in jail/prison is innocent.

I like you Cubo. Please be careful when calling for the death penalty. Apparently it can get you in trouble.

Thanks. :)

I prefaced it with due process. It's a legally proscribed punishment in many parts of America. If advocating its implementation in this case is an infraction then so is military action that results in deaths. Never seen that result in a yellow card.

Do you just come in to threads so you can get smoked for the stupid things you say? If this wasn't wide spread then there wouldn't be so many articles for @JosephDredd to blast onto the forum. You are in denial about how racist this country still is.
I’m not in denial. You don’t see rampant racism in California, and you know how diverse CA is. That’s why I’m saying this stuff typically happens in pockets of the country.

If the problem isn't widespread, how does he find so many examples? Keep in mind these are only the ones that get caught.
It’s pretty easy when you’re only getting one side of the story.

First off, this thread should be 20+ pages by now, this is an absurd case of injustice. Bruh just imagine if this was reversed. "black officers ordered to frame white people". This should be huge news right now so props to JoeyDredd for this thread.

Also he's highlighting that these instances aren't as uncommon as everyone likes to think, that racial policing and systematic tactics that involve massive disparities in punishments for blacks for the same crimes whites are punished for. These are issues that people on the right treat like it's not a big deal. Then they complain about black organizations highlighting these issues.
The problem tends to be that you and your crew of flunkies instinctively take these articles at face value. Are there any articles providing another side of the story?

If you consider a podunck town.s local LEO as institution...then sure...

I am confused...quite a few of the names were hispanic so how would that be racism?
Racism is practiced by different groups of people. The hispanics are no exception.

The problem tends to be that you and your crew of flunkies instinctively take these articles at face value. Are there any articles providing another side of the story?

Can you point me at a thread in which you've ever posted an article arguing against something you have strong opinions on?

I’m not in denial. You don’t see rampant racism in California, and you know how diverse CA is. That’s why I’m saying this stuff typically happens in pockets of the country.

Maybe the racist are only absent in pockets of the country, and you live in one of those pockets.

<seedat>

In the police misconduct thread, mods said that inclusion in the thread would be on a case-by-case basis. I took that to mean we start threads out here and they get put in there if they don't warrant large discussions since no mod is going to pull a troubling post out of that thread and turn it into its own thread.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article213647764.html

Full article at link. It goes into detail on all the cop scandals from this town.
I’ve made 3 observations, the last one being an assumption, but a solid one.

1. Why is it so hard to believe that this tiny PD, within a tiny (literally less than a square mile) town would have any issues solving crimes. Everyone knows everyone in small towns, and I highly doubt any law-abiding citizen will have any qualms about reporting trouble makers.
  2. Is Atesanio Puerto Rican, Latin, etc.? If so, it’s kinda ironic, don’t you think?
  3. I HIGHLY doubt anyone is reading these entire articles. HIGHLY doubt it! Also, don’t persuade people to read the cliffs or, in this case, your highlighted paragraphs. You’re basically paraphrasing to suit your ideals and feed your minions. That’s not accurate reporting, Bro.

Back