police ordered to frame black people to clear up unsolved crimes

The police officers involved should be charged with every crime they falsely charged people with and additional charges.

I would believe that they encouraged cops to go after vulnerable people (e.g., transients, people with records, etc.) in order to reduce the number of "unsolved" crimes, and that they looked the other way in the face of tenuous or falsified evidence. That by itself, if true, is horrifying, and should be met with the stiffest of penalties. Moreover, I wouldn't be inclined to give the police any benefit of the doubt, especially if I see a "blue wall of silence." We as a society should have zero tolerance for corrupt police officers.

I am however very skeptical of the "targeting people of color" claim because it gets thrown around so much with very little factual basis. Remember those supposedly racist cops who were exonerated by body cam footage? Remember Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown? All those cases proved was that there's a whole industry devoted to transforming ordinary police misconduct issues into racial issues. The mere fact that a person of color happens to be the target of an investigation (assuming he's actually innocent) means nothing, because it can be explained by other non-racial factors (e.g., if he already has a criminal record, prior similar incidents, violent disposition, etc.). Also, the mere fact that one officer is willing to make this accusation means nothing in itself. He might have an axe to grind, or perhaps he's conflating "racism" with targeting innocent transients. Whatever the case, he better have evidence to back up his assertions.

IMO, one way to turn the public against your cause is overplay your hand. If the police were falsifying evidence to increase the rate of "solved" cold cases, present evidence of that. But the moment you start charging racism, you've raised the bar substantially. Come forward with undeniable "smoking gun" evidence of racism, or prepare yourself for another acquittal.

Dude a cop in my hometown literally targeted women of color because he thought no one would ever believe them, that's how he got away with it for so long.

So you don't think this is an example of institutionalized racism?
Yeah, technically, but @JosephDredd bombarding the forum with these types of threads over and over and over paints an unrealistic picture.

There are gonna be pockets of racism throughout the U.S., but I don't view this as institutionalized racism on a national level as it's trying to be implied.

I hope this helps.

Dude a cop in my hometown literally targeted women of color because he thought no one would ever believe them, that's how he got away with it for so long.

How do you know this? Did they catch him on a hot mic? Did he admit it under oath? Do we have photos of him in a Klan robe? I'm not discounting the possibility, but I've heard similar allegations with much fanfare before. After George Zimmerman (a Hispanic man) turned out to be the victim, I will never again just accept such allegations at face value.

Colin Kaepernick and the other NFL players who chose to take a knee are not as clueless as their critics think they are. I think the reality of the situation is that much of the country is clueless and just does not realize how insane and unjust police treatment is in many areas.

Imagine experiencing or seeing this kind of thing first hand, knowing that your family members and friends have all experienced or seen this kind of thing first hand, and then realizing that a big portion of the country chooses not to believe it and calls your a liar. Just something to think about.

In my experience, most of our police are good people. But there are so many areas that draw terrible people into the police force because not enough people of worth want those jobs. How shitty and low class must a place be for the workers to openly drink alcohol and make racist comments at work? Let alone actually framing people for crimes.
Everyone knows who Kaepernick is. What % of them would you say actually could tell you what he's protesting?

How do you know this? Did they catch him on a hot mic? Did he admit it under oath? Do we have photos of him in a Klan robe? I'm not discounting the possibility, but I've heard similar allegations with much fanfare before. After George Zimmerman (a Hispanic man) turned out to be the victim, I will never again just accept such allegations at face value.

Nah bro, just 13 women poor women of color and not a single white woman. Here let me explain why these instances, especially coupled with your immediate doubt have caused such distrust in the police.
  • June 18, 2014: The final sexual incident occurred on the same day as the encounter reported by Ligons. According to testimony, Holtzclaw stopped a woman as she left a hotel where she had been staying with her boyfriend. After running a check on her he took her to a desolate area and raped her. She told her boyfriend about the attack and he told her that she should report the rape to the police. "He is the police", she responded.

Eventually the police investigation brought together 13 women who were willing to testify; published reports did not include information on any possible further women who were not willing to testify. The earliest woman discovered was from December 20, 2013, a woman who said she had been arrested for drug possession, was hospitalized, and forced to give oral sex while she was handcuffed to her hospital bed. She said that he again made sexual advances to her on several occasions after she was released from jail. The woman said that she was led to believe that she would be released if she performed oral sex on Holtzclaw. "I didn't think that no one would believe me", she testified at a pretrial hearing. "I feel like all police will work together."[25]

On February 27, 2014, Holtzclaw allegedly pulled up to a woman who was sitting in a parked car outside her house, fondled the woman's breasts, and told her "I'm not going to take you to jail. Just play by my rules." He returned to her home repeatedly and broke into it once. At his trial she said she did not notify the police because she did not believe anyone would believe her because "I'm a black female."

Not to mention one of the women came to the police years before, showed her where she was raped, and the PD did nothing about it until the massive court case and they double checked his car GPS that placed him at the scene of the rape.

Yeah, technically, but @JosephDredd bombarding the forum with these types of threads over and over and over paints an unrealistic picture.

There are gonna be pockets of racism throughout the U.S., but I don't view this as institutionalized racism on a national level as it's trying to be implied.

I hope this helps.

First off, this thread should be 20+ pages by now, this is an absurd case of injustice. Bruh just imagine if this was reversed. "black officers ordered to frame white people". This should be huge news right now so props to JoeyDredd for this thread.

Also he's highlighting that these instances aren't as uncommon as everyone likes to think, that racial policing and systematic tactics that involve massive disparities in punishments for blacks for the same crimes whites are punished for. These are issues that people on the right treat like it's not a big deal. Then they complain about black organizations highlighting these issues.

First off, this thread should be 20+ pages by now, this is an absurd case of injustice. Bruh just imagine if this was reversed. "black officers ordered to frame white people". This should be huge news right now so props to JoeyDredd for this thread.

Also he's highlighting that these instances aren't as uncommon as everyone likes to think, that racial policing and systematic tactics that involve massive disparities in punishments for blacks for the same crimes whites are punished for. These are issues that people on the right treat like it's not a big deal. Then they complain about black organizations highlighting these issues.
The biggest reason it isn't 20+ is I think people have gotten to the point of seeing the Karl Urban as Dredd avatar and then don't come into his threads as much anymore.

The biggest reason it isn't 20+ is I think people have gotten to the point of seeing the Karl Urban as Dredd avatar and then don't come into his threads as much anymore.

Or it's not 20 pages because all the bigots of sherfront don't want to be confronted with having to acknowledge the systemic racism and corruption in our nation's police force.

I don't think you guys know what institutional racism means.

Or it's not 20 pages because all the bigots of sherfront don't want to be confronted with having to acknowledge the systemic racism and corruption in our nation's police force.
Can it be a combo?

I have a problem with racists that minimize and defend racism and abuse of power in the people we pay to protect citizens.

<Kpop01>
What I meant is that posts like that first one of yours always come in a couple posts into every thread like this. at least wait for someone to say some stupid shit

Everyone knows who Kaepernick is. What % of them would you say actually could tell you what he's protesting?

Not very many, because when he speaks people choose to do two things. First, they don't actually listen. Second, they do actually listen to youtubers, memes, and cable news analysts who tell them what they want to hear. From the start, his message was intentionally twisted. I think that's a shame. You can hear a guy's message, contemplate it's legitimacy, and end up disagreeing. But for a lot of people, they chose to hate him and whatever he stood (kneeled) for before even understanding it.

There are serious problems with policing in this country. It's undeniable, unavoidable, and in our faces constantly. I think there is a portion of the country that intentionally pulls the wool over their eyes to pretend it's not really happening. But they are not actually protecting good police officers because it is good police officers who lose when a lot of the country does not trust them.

I hope this helps.

If the problem isn't widespread, how does he find so many examples? Keep in mind these are only the ones that get caught.

Back