Crime Police Officer Arrives on Scene, Shoots and Kills Armed Security Guard

I sort of agree, I just meant that such things are debatable. Which is how this incident fits into the larger gun debate.

Sure, there's some overlap of course since firearms were involved.

This is why more players need to kneel for the anthem.

Escalation of Force procedures seem to be nonexistent for many police departments

horrible story

Good guy with a gun should’ve blasted the cop imo.

https://wgntv.com/2018/11/11/multip...ing-police-say/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cliffs:
- Scuffle at a bar. Security breaks it up and tosses people out.
- Scuffler comes back with gun and starts shooting. Security fires back, wounds and apprehends the suspect.
- Officer arrives to find security guard with gun drawn on scuffler. Officer shoots security.

Where does this situation sit in the gun debate? Is this avoidable with better training and legislation or is this the unavoidable cost of freedom? That security guard was a hero and saved lives, only to be killed because...I dunno, because he had a gun, I guess. It's as if the 2nd amendment doesn't really apply to all people equally.

"Everybody was screaming out, 'Security!' He was a security guard," Harris said. "And they still did their job, and saw a black man with a gun, and basically killed him."

Once again....Racial Profiling.

This could have all been avoided if more people were armed. Maybe someone to stop the cop from shooting the good guy?

Perhaps have a group of armed vets standing around in case the cops get out of hand to put them down?

Perhaps have a group of armed vets standing around in case the cops get out of hand to put them down?

But then what if the vets go nuts? We need a team of drone operators on standby with armed drones, ready to put them down.

According to the NYTimes account, the victim was wearing gear that said "Security" on it.

Lol, fuck man. What a tragedy.

Murica

Clearly as the Founding Fathers intended.

Another black man dead and the same deplorables condemning anyone bringing up race as opposed to condemning the shooting itself. Pathetic.

RIP to the man doing his job correctly.

I've seen enough WSHH fight comps (read: all of them, all 114) to know that security at bar brawls is almost ALWAYS readily identifiable by A) their clothing, and B) there's usually more than one, dressed in similar clothing (lets call it a uniform)

someone holding another at gunpoint, as opposed to about to shoot them is generally also pretty readily identifiable to a trained eye

Officers did not arrive at the scene blind they were sent there

But if I was black I would never wait for US police with a gun in my hand.

I'm Black and people often wonder why I don't leave my yard...

R.I.P. to the Security guard and prayers to his family.

I'm Black and people often wonder why I don't leave my yard...

R.I.P. to the Security guard and prayers to his family.

The life of a black man in America. "Why don't you do x?? Why won't you come with us to y??" Because I've worked too hard to go to prison and no amount of fun is worth my life.

Don't go to the kind of bars where the bouncers carry guns.
This is where I am confused.

Maybe it's a state to state thing but the bouncers at the bar I bounce at we're only allowed to carry firearms between our cars and the bar. Once we get to the bar we have to lock the guns away in the back and can't be carrying them while working.

I'm tired of seeing these types of stories. The old excuse was, "if you would stop resisting, cops would stop shooting."

- Philando was shot in his car with his baby girl and her mother in the car after telling the cop he was C&C.
- Botham Shem Jean was shot up just for living in his apartment.
- Behavioral therapist was laying on the ground, hands up trying to tend to his adult autistic patient. Got shot and when they asked the officer why he shot, he said, "I don't know."
- This dude was apprehending a shooter and still ends up dead at the hands of police officer.

This is someone who should be applauded for being a hero of sorts is dead. Doesn't get to go home and see his family or friends.

I love and support my police. Their jobs are very hard. But I also have no issues saying that something needs to be done. More training, the hiring of more competent people, I don't know. But something has to be done. A small percentage of idiots make the whole police force look dumb.
I agree the blame should be placed on incredibly low hiring standards and poor training. It should be best qualified candidates get the job. How that is determined should rely on your test scores, education, and your life experience. I honestly believe 21 is way too young to get on this job, it requires a great deal of knowledge on deescalation, and having the ability to physically control someone without hurting them, and making correct decisions under stress. That isn’t easy for a majority of the population so I have no clue why the standards are so lax.

But then what if the vets go nuts? We need a team of drone operators on standby with armed drones, ready to put them down.
I have found the 2 guys that are the solution to this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna936296

I haven't seen this tidbit reported yet

According to witness statements, the officer gave the armed man multiple verbal commands to drop the gun and get on the ground before ultimately discharging his weapon and striking him.

This changes a lot for me. Witnesses reporting officer told him multiple times to drop the gun, cop didn't just show up firing. If body cam footage confirms this, it's a definite no convict from me

Back