Police lose track of 485 registered sex offenders across Britain

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Police lose track of 485 registered sex offenders across Britain

skynews-shadow-sex-crime-offender_4260130.jpg

By David Mercer, News Reporter

Police have lost track of 485 registered sex offenders across Britain including rapists and paedophiles, Sky News can reveal.
Figures released by 41 forces revealed the number of convicted sex offenders whose whereabouts are unknown has risen by more than 20% in the last three years.
Rape, sexual assault and sexual abuse of children were among the crimes committed by the missing offenders, including some who disappeared more than a decade ago.
It comes as victims of black cab rapist John Worboys fight the decision to release him from prison after he spent less than a decade behind bars.
Sky News submitted Freedom of Information requests to the UK's 45 police forces asking for details of registered sex offenders whose whereabouts were unknown.
Four forces did not respond, including the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI), meaning the actual number of registered sex offenders who are missing is likely to be higher.
Forces refused to name the missing sex offenders, with most saying it would breach the Data Protection Act.
Britain's biggest force, the Metropolitan Police, said it did not know the whereabouts of 227 registered sex offenders, including 38 who had been missing for at least eight years.

Read more on: https://news.sky.com/story/police-lose-track-of-485-registered-sex-offenders-across-britain-11281632

It may suprise some of you, but many radically left socioligists and criminologists who lean heavily towards rehabilitation rather than justice actually want to see pedophiles in public. That's right folks, they have tremendous empathy for them because they are victimized in jail or kept in solitary which is damaging to their mental health. Recidivism rates highest among pedophiles? Who cares, doesn't matter. They would rather put them on probation in society where they can be "studied" and "monitored".

Now I'm not saying this is why those files are missing, but knowing what I know about some of the more dominant schools of thought in criminology, I must wonder...

mshckd.gif

British police are deeply unimpressive. Jimmy Savile, the London Riots, the Muslim Rape Gangs...

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere.

If they're registered they should be registered and shit, kept tabs on at minimum.

Another fail for UK.

It may suprise some of you, but many radically left socioligists and criminologists who lean heavily towards rehabilitation rather than justice actually want to see pedophiles in public. That's right folks, they have tremendous empathy for them because they are victimized in jail or kept in solitary which is damaging to their mental health. Recidivism rates highest among pedophiles? Who cares, doesn't matter. They would rather put them on probation in society where they can be "studied" and "monitored".

Now I'm not saying this is why those files are missing, but knowing what I know about some of the more dominant schools of thought in criminology, I must wonder...

pedos in power and sickos losing it. then they enter schools and try and promote ´´tolerance´´´to convicted scum of earth instead of do what done for thousands of year. kill the evil scum

non pedo idiots who support and go along with that thinking are part of problem need help to.

shooting is honorable way. hang them

They should all be "lost" just like that.

From the reading I've done on the last few grooming cases that have come to light I don't even believe them. Whether "accidentally lost", or genuinely misplaced, my opinion of UK cops is that they're on par with criminals, and should be treated as such. I just can't see being this incompetent unless it's intentional.

Underfunded police force. Only so many bodies to do this shit. I don't lay this on the feet of the police. This is a funding problem.

Same the world over. If you want things to get better you need to allocate funds for that effort. Disconnected fucks around here.

Underfunded police force. Only so many bodies to do this shit. I don't lay this on the feet of the police. This is a funding problem.

Same the world over. If you want things to get better you need to allocate funds for that effort. Disconnected fucks around here.
And the first damage control agent arrives. Good to know who you are.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

anyone got the stats for the US? cos i bet it aint much better

oh look, http://wwlp.com/investigative-story...offenders-fell-off-the-grid-in-massachusetts/

UK cops have a history of dropping the ball on sexual assault cases. Thousands upon thousands of kids, from pedo rings to grooming gangs, they have a decades long history of fucking up. Or worse, habitually looking the other way. Enablers.

UK cops have a history of dropping the ball on sexual assault cases. Thousands upon thousands of kids, from pedo rings to grooming gangs, they have a decades long history of fucking up. Or worse, habitually looking the other way. Enablers.

My rebuttal is that with the computational power we have today, keeping reports secure is not significantly relevant to staff

Sorry the U.S. isn't like this.

Back