Polaris 7 - Gilbert Burns finishes Gregor Gracie by Suplex!

I wish Burns would learn some nice wrestling, he has fallen in love with his right hand, but he is a much better grappler, than striker. Pls, go back to armbarring people, Burns.
Glad you've noticed his armbars. IIRC he was the guy that got Rafa Mendes into hitting armbars from back control. Durinho has some of the best ever armbars.

OK. So if I'm understanding you correctly, the amplitude is controlled by your squat depth. So for example, turning immediately from an an erect position will result in a higher amplitude throw than pulling the opponent into a 90 degree chair sit first and then turning from there.

I know we already had a couple threads on mat returns but what (more efficient) options would you prefer? Most wrestling videos I find seem to be about mat returns to the turtle position rather than into side control for some reason.
I actually did a term paper on this in my Physics in Sports class in college. What controls amplitude in arm throws and suplexes is linear velocity and angular velocity, both are employed in different stages of these throws. basically it means the taller you are, the more amplitude you can get. This is why little kids cannot hit high amplitude throws. They simply arent tall enough to generate the right amount of velocity in these moves. Watch the clips below. One kid is 5'4'', Mike Foy is 6'4". Mike doesnt sit at all and you can see, they both do the same move and one is super high amplitude, one isnt.

Starts at 2:11

that should be legal imo

also how i broke my collarbone, back before i fell in love with breakfalls haha

I actually did a term paper on this in my Physics in Sports class in college. What controls amplitude in arm throws and suplexes is linear velocity and angular velocity, both are employed in different stages of these throws. basically it means the taller you are, the more amplitude you can get. This is why little kids cannot hit high amplitude throws. They simply arent tall enough to generate the right amount of velocity in these moves. Watch the clips below. One kid is 5'4'', Mike Foy is 6'4". Mike doesnt sit at all and you can see, they both do the same move and one is super high amplitude, one isnt.

Starts at 2:11

The contrast of heights in both videos helps drive the point home. Also cool to see Foy high dive into the bodylock.
Thanks for the reply.

Just wondering, what would be the correct reaction to NOT hurt yourself falling from this situation?

Seems like Gracie din't even fell on his elbow but on the shoulder, that's shouldn't dislocate the shoulder but it's more of a blunt trauma.

I don't understand why people call this a suplex.. it is just like a small bump, this technique for me is just a waste of energy. There are much easier ways of getting an opponent down to the same position from there.
like?

I wish Burns would learn some nice wrestling, he has fallen in love with his right hand, but he is a much better grappler, than striker. Pls, go back to armbarring people, Burns.
Yeah why the fuck was he trying to strike with Hooker in his last fight?

Even threatening with the takedown would've kept Dan honest a bit, but no.....he's trained by Henri Hooft (who's overrated anyway) so he has to go out there and swing looping rights until he gets ktfo

This injury was more from terrible ukemi than a dangerous TD.

Yeah. Arm extended, to the side, behind, and semi-posted is basically the worst possible place you can put it. There's no musculature or leverage to effect anything to do with your fall, and (clearly) the joint structure is not robust in this configuration. He didn't have a lot of *good* options given the trajectory of the throw, but even keeping the arm tucked and turning towards the ground to take it on his ribs/side would have been better than that.

I don't understand why people call this a suplex.. it is just like a small bump, this technique for me is just a waste of energy. There are much easier ways of getting an opponent down to the same position from there.

Can it dislocate their shoulder?

Is there a counter to the hook-leg counter? Like what could the suplexer do when his victim hooks his leg?

I know that the new rules allow for continuation so that means people are finishing throws for amplitude. I haven't seen it done, but one of my athletes is a ref and he tells me people somehow still can get the throw off. I don't know how to do it myself. That's a little above my pay great so probably a question for Holt

Back