Polaris 6

License to Kill
@Silver
Reaction score
Live right now on Fight Pass

He made that look so easy. God damn. 1 minute to get the inverted heel hook after getting under Jake basing out hard on both knees.

I thought Craig would probably find a way to win with his creativity but not that fast and not making it look that easy. I thought Jake training with the Danaher squad all the time would have forced Craig to use the leg attacks as a means to maybe finish with an upper body submission later into the match. Or possibly a draw.

Nice to see a jiu jitsu guy get a quick tap over a vegan mma staller.

He made that look so easy. God damn. 1 minute to get the inverted heel hook after getting under Jake basing out hard on both knees.

I thought Craig would probably find a way to win with his creativity but not that fast and not making it look that easy. I thought Jake training with the Danaher squad all the time would have forced Craig to use the leg attacks as a means to maybe finish with an upper body submission later into the match. Or possibly a draw.

Hilarious considering Eddie Cummings was really dismissive of Craig’s game (saying it was similar to Cummings when he started messing around with leglocks). Guess all that Danaher Death Squad expertise meant fuck all in the end.

Watched the main card thought it was really fun. Last time I watched Polaris I think was when they just made it a draw if there was no sub. I like the sub only format + judge decision if no sub. EBI is fun too but I prefer F2W/Polaris judging over the EBI OT rules.

Hilarious considering Eddie Cummings was really dismissive of Craig’s game (saying it was similar to Cummings when he started messing around with leglocks). Guess all that Danaher Death Squad expertise meant fuck all in the end.
I like Cummings a lot and am bummed he won't be at EBI today. If he did say that it's sort of lame.

Craig's heel hooks are world class.

I don't think Craig Jones is solidly below any of the DDS guys in respect to heel hooks at all. I think out of the DDS guys that Gordon has the biggest name wins via heel hook like Cyborg and Keenan. Tonon is close with heel hooks over Durinho and Vagner Rocha. Cummings has heel hooks over previous top shelf guys like Bill Cooper and Baret Yoshida.

Craig Jones may not have quite those names under his belt yet but he has like seven 1 minute or less heel hooks that come to mind. He got to the absolute EBI finals in less than 90 seconds with heel hooks. And he used the heel hook to sweep and rear naked choke Leandro Lo. Plus Jake Shields is a big feather in the cap too.

I think Craig has his own flare with them too and is not just copying the DDS heel hook system.

I like Cummings a lot and am bummed he won't be at EBI today. If he did say that it's sort of lame.

Craig's heel hooks are world class.

I don't think Craig Jones is solidly below any of the DDS guys in respect to heel hooks at all. I think out of the DDS guys that Gordon has the biggest name wins via heel hook like Cyborg and Keenan. Tonon is close with heel hooks over Durinho and Vagner Rocha. Cummings has heel hooks over previous top shelf guys like Bill Cooper and Baret Yoshida.

Craig Jones may not have quite those names under his belt yet but he has like seven 1 minute or less heel hooks that come to mind. He got to the absolute EBI finals in less than 90 seconds with heel hooks. And he used the heel hook to sweep and rear naked choke Leandro Lo. Plus Jake Shields is a big feather in the cap too.

I think Craig has his own flare with them too and is not just copying the DDS heel hook system.

Agreed on all points. Look on polaris’s Instagram of Eddie commenting on the match. Anthony Bourdains wife defends him by saying he was cutting weight and that’s why he made the comments.

Back