POLARIS 3 ( Behind-The-Scenes Highlights )

Tonon is on this card right? I think he mentioned on FB somewhere it was his biggest match to date? but didn't mention opponent. Palhares? Kron? Keenan?

Can't wait to see the final lineup for this card. It is going to be amazing

Garry Tonon calls out Palhares, talks EBI and more

Last edited:
Why does Polaris bring back AJ? Does AJ have any fans? Does he sell PPVs? Or is it a 'I want to see him lose' thing?

To be fair his match against Strauss was my favorite part of the last card, and this is coming from someone who almost creamed themselves watching Yoshida get the crucifix against Robson.

Massive addition of Tonon vs Toquinho. I think everyone wants to see that fight. I'm a big fan of the stump so I hope he takes it but without injuring anyone this time.

To be fair his match against Strauss was my favorite part of the last card, and this is coming from someone who almost creamed themselves watching Yoshida get the crucifix against Robson.

That match was fun because Strauss seemed to legitimately loathe AJ. It was pro-wrestling-esque. If they can get more people who truly hate him and are willing to show it I'll watch. I like a little theater with my grappling.

Tonon vs Paul Harris is a dream matchup

Rousimar by actually taking the foot home this time after a heel hook. Ref will still be trying to pull his arm off as he walks off the mat

isn't there a large weight differential? Tonon looks way smaller.

Dude, whaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

Nice.

Very nice.

Wow, fucking stoked for this.
isn't there a large weight differential? Tonon looks way smaller.
There obviously is. Paul used to fight at MW and was jacked as fuck. Tonon is a FW-LW by MMA standards. But heel hooks respect no man's size, and Garry just straight up doesn't give a fuck. Even if he loses, I will have so much respect for him for choosing to step on the mat with a dangerous motherfucker like Palhares.

I am going against the grain on this, but I think Garry can take this. I think Garry's leg lock game is a lot more fluid then Palhares and his leg lock game. Not saying that Palhares game is bad in anyway, but he moves a lot more rigid.

Don't sleep on Sasa. Dude is the king of Japan. I got to roll with him once. He handled me so effortlessly he lost interest less than halfway in and pretty much just waited for the round to end.

I am going against the grain on this, but I think Garry can take this. I think Garry's leg lock game is a lot more fluid then Palhares and his leg lock game. Not saying that Palhares game is bad in anyway, but he moves a lot more rigid.
Palhares is stronger and probably more explosive than Garry as well though. Then again, he hasn't competed in strict BJJ in a while either.

didn't paul harris heel hook Rodolfo Vieira in ADCC? Was it him?

A lot can change over the years, especially from ones early career. Shinya aoki trained with askren at evolve prior to his saku fight and was very impressed; said he would like to be able to emulate his grappling style more.

(watch with sound)

Last edited:
Calling it now- Paul by kimura.

Shields and Palhares at the same event?

Back Stage is gonna be interesting!

20150803094500_1DX_8591.JPG

shields.jpg

The first match up to be announced was between One FC Champion Ben Askren and World No Gi Champion AJ Agazarm, but early this week Agazarm stated that Askren had to pull out.

The Underground‘s Jonathan Shrager talked with Polaris Co-Owners Ben Tong and Matt Benyon regarding their forthcoming event on April 2nd headlined by Rousimar Palhares vs Garry Tonon.

Benyon confirmed that Jake Shields would replace Askren and would face Agazarm.

They also discussed the ethics behind booking serial offender Toquinho, provisions to ensure all runs without incident, finding an opponent for Eddie Bravo black belt Geo Martinez, whether a prospective bout with Jake Shields at Polaris 4 is realistic, and much more.

source:http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/jake-shields-to-face-aj-agazarm-at-polaris-3-geo-martinez-added/

Last edited:
Back