Pokémon Discussion volume 9

So, I finished Ultra Sun a while back. Definitely a fun game, with more content than Sun/Moon. Also updated my living dex. Only ones that I need at the moment are Volcanion and Zeraora.

Also played around with the Ultra Wormhole minigame. Got almost every legend (except the ones that require certain Pokemon to be in my team) and also got 11 shiny Pokemon: 3 Audino, 2 Medicham, Stunfisk, Quagsire, Magcargo, Drapion, Abomasnow and Altaria. Pretty cool stuff. I've considered soft resetting for some Shiny Legends, but decided against it. Don't wanna spend hours upon hours soft resetting to get one. If you have some shit luck it can take you probably nearly a full day of playtime to do it, even with a Shiny Charm.

Potential leak for the first Generation 8 Pokémon

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

DnmZ4xAU0AIN1vS.jpg

Anyone play Go anymore? Its quite fun these days, and is going to have quite a bit of integration with lets go. Add me if you play

41099663_10156109743254825_7882210215972569088_n.jpg

So with a week left before Dexit, I figure I would jump in for a few farewell battles with my favorite Bugs.

Heracross and Volcarona have been by my side since my very first competitive team and will be extremely missed, I'm seriously heartbroken about these two. So many great Bug megas are going, Pinsir, Beedrill, and my anchor Scizor, he's been a real terror and I feel a little vulnerable without him. And my signature Hawaiian Vivillon who may be trash but has saved my ass countless times.

I got in 5 OU battles tonight and surprisingly won them all. The changes in the meta since I stopped playing have been kind to my bugs. Last battle was amazing, the guy was hoping to see my Vivillon in action and he got his wish in a nail biter of a final exchange.

Last edited:
Luckily I am getting Golisopod and Araquanid back. I'm looking forward to seeing the shiny monsters I bred on the big screen in HD. With 60% of the Dex gone, there's a good chance they'll be OU where they belong. Hopefully we don't have to wait 3 years again for Custap berry to be available so I can use Crustle.

I just checked out the info on the new bugs we'll be getting and they are insanely good. Some great designs that will be worth using for sure, filling unique roles that should be a lot of fun to use. One may even be Uber it's going to be so good. The cool thing is Showdown will still let me use all by Bug buddies so that's exciting.

ecc.jpg

I honestly don't mind the dex cut but I do question the final count as well as some of their choices for who made it and who didn't. The 3DS can handle a living dex so I fear that this was done intentionally in order to push future releases so that we can "catch 'em all". Outside of that, I haven't been really blown away from the leaks that I've seen but some of the new Pokemon do look cool and the raids could turn out to be fun.

I've been on a hiatus since I didn't pick up US/UM or Let's Go so I'm going to grab this game regardless of the above. However, I'm out of future releases if they are truly going down the road that I think they are going down.

Last edited:
ecc.jpg

I honestly don't mind the dex cut but I do question the final count as well as some of their choices for who made it and who didn't. The 3DS can handle a living dex so I fear that this was done intentionally in order to push future releases so that we can "catch 'em all". Outside of that, I haven't been really blown away from the leaks that I've seen but some of the new Pokemon do look cool and the raids could turn out to be fun.

I've been on a hiatus since I didn't pick up US/UM or Let's Go so I'm going to grab this game regardless of the above. However, I'm out of future releases if they are truly going down the road that I think they are going down.
Pokemon has always been a "1 step back 2 steps forward" kind of game, this is just a pretty big step back but there are some very nice additions to the game. Being able to add egg moves and change the nature on top of the bottle caps and ability capsules means you can finally use the Pokemon you went through the game with on a competitive team. A random shiny with a bad nature is no longer a trophy, you can use it now. Much easier for people to take up competitive for the first time and ease the process for those already familiar.

Dexit sucks in a lot of ways but the new meta should be really interesting, somewhere between 80%-90% of OU is gone now, including Landorus and Inciniroar for VGC. Now is a great time to jump in and there will be a lot of development over the next few months. There should be a lot of surprising match ups that see some crazy Pokemon rotate in and out of OU. I think by the time it settles we'll have something similar to gen 4 which should mean a lot of variety and options. No more Landorus, Tapu, and Ultrabeast cores dominating.

And at the end of the day competitive 6v6 battles will still be on Showdown with every Pokemon, and that will be where the majority of battles take place still no matter how much easier they make the process.

I'm not gonna bother with Sword and Shield. I think Gamfreak is treating the fans like shit. They cut out 60% of the Pokemon for no reason, they constantly make up bad excuses, the animations and models are the same, the games look bad compared to many switch titles and the game doesn't seem to have an extra content to make up for it. Sure, the game looks better than USUM due to it being on the switch but it's really the bare minimum improvement. Compared to other Switch games it looks bad. Very lazy effort by Gamefreak.

Hopefully they will put in more effort into the next games.

Since I don't have a Switch I won't be getting this one for awhile, if at all... probably will though. I still haven't been able to will myself into finishing Ultra Sun. I just couldn't get into it, for whatever reason.

I honestly thought I'd be so excited for a new gen pokemon game I'd just buy a fucking Switch for it, but nothing I've seen has really gotten my hyped for it sadly.

Plus Death Stranding and Shenmue 3 coming out withing a week of each other means I'll be busy anyway.

Another Charizard form. How daring of Game Freak.

I bought a 3DS and never played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue, so I got Ultra Sun. I have so much memories of the Kanto region pokemon, that I don't want to use much of the new ones. I actually liked Vikavolt.

ecc.jpg

Feels good being a part of the Charmander fan club

tenor.gif

I do feel bad for Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Imo the original starters should be in every game in some way.

I haven't been following along too much but honestly these issues while lame don't affect me too much. Since Diamond/Pearl I pretty much just play through these once and I'm usually content with it. I know a lot of people dump hundreds of hours into these and I'm sure the cut content like the lacking Pokedex and stuff hurts them a lot more it does to me. Hopefully over time they update the game to include the rest of the Pokemon but I have no idea if that's in the plans at all or what

Literally only care about the first 2 gens of the Pokedex, the pokemon they added after that were garbage.

Played around 2 hours so far and really enjoying it. I haven't played Let's Go! so this is my first Pokemon on the Switch. I know there's a lot of stuff people wanted out of the game but to me so far it's been great. It's actually really cool to see the Pokemon running around and shit. Got to the first major zone and it's actually kind of scary having these high level fuckers chasing you. Also, it's cool how the zone contains multiple parts to it with higher level sections. Wondering/hoping it's like that throughout the game.

Played around 2 hours so far and really enjoying it. I haven't played Let's Go! so this is my first Pokemon on the Switch. I know there's a lot of stuff people wanted out of the game but to me so far it's been great. It's actually really cool to see the Pokemon running around and shit. Got to the first major zone and it's actually kind of scary having these high level fuckers chasing you. Also, it's cool how the zone contains multiple parts to it with higher level sections. Wondering/hoping it's like that throughout the game.
I looked at the new Pokémon’s stats and....I like what I’m seeing. The new pseudo legendary looks dope.

Last edited:
The people going nuts over this game have me super fucking curious. Some people are angry about it, some people say it's amazing.
I can get 15% off the game and a switch over the weekend.. but I don't know if I can justify it. I've held off for so long. I am really interested all of the sudden though.

Back