Pokémon Discussion volume 9

I never even got Sun/Moon yet and they announce this...I'll just stick with Overwatch. Sucks to say that's i won't be getting the new Pokemon game, first time pretty much ever that I'm skipping a generation.
I skipped out on 5 & 6 for a long time. Eventually caved in & got Y though, hah. Still never picked up Black or White & don't plan on it at this point.

I skipped out on 5 & 6 for a long time. Eventually caved in & got Y though, hah. Still never picked up Black or White & don't plan on it at this point.
I don't have very fond memories of Black/White, mostly because I thought a ton of the Pokemon designs were awful. Black/White 2 somewhat fixed this by adding in old Pokemon (like Arcanine) that I'd actually want on my team.

I never even got Sun/Moon yet and they announce this...I'll just stick with Overwatch. Sucks to say that's i won't be getting the new Pokemon game, first time pretty much ever that I'm skipping a generation.

It took quite a bit of willpower for me to finish the game or do any post game shit.. normally I'm dying for more stuff to drag these games out. This time I just wanted it over.

Despite my last post from June shitting on Sun/Moon...... anybody getting Ultra Sun/Moon??

..I am.. I guess.

I'm currently playing Monster Hunter Stories and really enjoying it. About 30 hours in and pretty addicted.

Despite my last post from June shitting on Sun/Moon...... anybody getting Ultra Sun/Moon??

..I am.. I guess.

I'm currently playing Monster Hunter Stories and really enjoying it. About 30 hours in and pretty addicted.
I pre ordered it.

I pre ordered it.

I'm debating which version I'm going to get. I was hoping there would be more info on version specific stuff out by now. I bought Moon, so I might just go Ultra Sun to mix it up.

As big of a Pokemon fan as I am I just don't know if Ultra Sun/Moon added enough new content to be worth purchasing. I enjoyed Moon a lot when playing it but don't know if I want to go through the same game again a year later. What I can wait for is the Switch Pokemon mainline game. I have very high expectations for that.

You know how you can get randomizers if you play the Pokemon games on an emulator? They need to add that to the official release. It would add a bunch of replay value(for me at least). Maybe there is a way to do it on the DS and I'm just a potato.

Last edited:
So I finally got Ultra Moon a couple weeks ago and it's pretty awesome. I actually prefer the original story in Moon but the Rainbow Rocket stuff definitely made it worth the play. Last night I did something I never managed in Moon, I made through 50 straight battles in the Battle Tree. I got lucky and scouted Colress with a Mega Metagross and Eviolite Porygon 2, we shredded most of the Tree outside of a close battle with Anabel and Cynthia as well as a battle against four legendaries. Now I just got to scout my boy Guzma again.

Any of you guys still playing? Info about the new Switch title is coming out, I'm personally looking forward to it.

So I finally got Ultra Moon a couple weeks ago and it's pretty awesome. I actually prefer the original story in Moon but the Rainbow Rocket stuff definitely made it worth the play. Last night I did something I never managed in Moon, I made through 50 straight battles in the Battle Tree. I got lucky and scouted Colress with a Mega Metagross and Eviolite Porygon 2, we shredded most of the Tree outside of a close battle with Anabel and Cynthia as well as a battle against four legendaries. Now I just got to scout my boy Guzma again.

Any of you guys still playing? Info about the new Switch title is coming out, I'm personally looking forward to it.
Haven't played in a while. Planning to finish USM soon though when I have more time.

And definitely looking forward to the new switch titles.

I bought Ultra Sun but haven't actually played it yet... whenever they announce a date for the new one I'll get on that.... and buy a Switch I guess

I'm confident that we'll get some new info about Pokemon Switch at E3 this year, so excited!

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee editions come out NOV 18th. These are remakes of Pokemon Yellow for the Switch. The game will work in conjunction with Pokemon go and will allow trading between the two.

Looks pretty fun to me.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee editions come out NOV 18th. These are remakes of Pokemon Yellow for the Switch. The game will work in conjunction with Pokemon go and will allow trading between the two.

Looks pretty fun to me.

Meh, it shouldve been an open world game with actually lobbies that can hold like 100 people. That would've been legit.

Welp, see you in 2019.

Yeah, that scares me but maybe it won't be so bad. I really hope that changes in the 2019 game. False Swipe and status strategies really help in catching, removing strategy and control isn't a step forward. If it's just a hybrid game though that doesn't fully reflect the real games, then I'm psyched.

I was SEVERELY disappointed with the Let's Go reveal. Getting rid of wild Pokemon battles in favor of the stupid Pokemon Go catching system is a huge mistake. So is not being able to evolve your starter. It's been my dream to get an Eevee as a starter, and now that I finally do I can't even evolve it. Also sucks because they're bringing back Pokemon following you around, which worries me that it won't be included in the 2019 games. All I wanted was an awesome Kanto remake, but instead we get this crap.

I'll keep following the games as more info is released, but as of now I don't see myself getting these games.

I was SEVERELY disappointed with the Let's Go reveal. Getting rid of wild Pokemon battles in favor of the stupid Pokemon Go catching system is a huge mistake. So is not being able to evolve your starter. It's been my dream to get an Eevee as a starter, and now that I finally do I can't even evolve it. Also sucks because they're bringing back Pokemon following you around, which worries me that it won't be included in the 2019 games. All I wanted was an awesome Kanto remake, but instead we get this crap.

I'll keep following the games as more info is released, but as of now I don't see myself getting these games.
Looks like the next game will have all of that back in it, this is sort of a core/Go hybrid. Eevee can be found elsewhere in the game if you want to evolve it. And I think the starters are the only on who "follow" you, though I've heard you can ride anything that's large enough. I have a feeling they will actually expand on the following mechanic in the next game since they animated so many already and this might sort of be a way to introduce the idea.

Maybe not ideal information, but I think the game is going to be solid regardless.

Looks like the next game will have all of that back in it, this is sort of a core/Go hybrid. Eevee can be found elsewhere in the game if you want to evolve it. And I think the starters are the only on who "follow" you, though I've heard you can ride anything that's large enough. I have a feeling they will actually expand on the following mechanic in the next game since they animated so many already and this might sort of be a way to introduce the idea.

Maybe not ideal information, but I think the game is going to be solid regardless.

Any Pokemon can follow you according to the translations and trailer, and any Pokemon big enough is rideable. And I know that I can find another Eevee to evolve, just less meaningful if it's not the starter. I feel like I'll end up playing this since there is a story and online. The only thing that sucks is the wild Pokemon battles.

Any Pokemon can follow you according to the translations and trailer, and any Pokemon big enough is rideable. And I know that I can find another Eevee to evolve, just less meaningful if it's not the starter. I feel like I'll end up playing this since there is a story and online. The only thing that sucks is the wild Pokemon battles.
Oh shit that's awesome, hopefully it stays in. I feel you on the starters, I don't care about Pikachu's line or Eevee's so it's no big deal to me, even less so now that I know all Pokemon follow you. But I get why it'd be annoying. I'm really looking forward to the new catching mechanics, there's no way that wild Pokemon battles aren't coming back next year so it'll be fun to immerse in the game without overthinking things too much and maybe they'll keep the good aspects of it while bringing back the the battles. You know Pokemon though, two steps forward, one step back.

Back