Pokémon Discussion volume 9

I don't know if it would be a bad idea to add difficulty options, but I would really like to play a harder pokemon game. I don't battle people, I just play through the story and train shit. I'd love to get my ass kicked by a gym leader a few times before beating them, instead of steam rolling everybody with my super team.

Just have to handicap yourself like I do. I don't use any overly powerful Pokémon, usually ditch my starter ASAP. Also try not using a full team of 6. I've done runs with a team of 4 and it made things quite trickier.

Just have to handicap yourself like I do. I don't use any overly powerful Pokémon, usually ditch my starter ASAP. Also try not using a full team of 6. I've done runs with a team of 4 and it made things quite trickier.
I got this idea from Marriland when playing Platinum. He used Torterra and Staraptor only during the entire run. I don't remember the details but I'm guessing the 7th gym was hell for him. I did an Infernape and Garchomp only run and it's pretty challenging with only two pokemon even when those two pokemon are powerful like Infernape and Garchomp.

Maaaan. Litten is going to get destroyed by water Pokes if it ends up being Fire & Ground...

This one is worth the watch:

Plus an interesting theory:

Okay, i'm done now :p

I honestly really like the idea of the S&M protagonist being the son/daughter of the X/Y ones.

Been playing Pokemon Snap IRL. I'm loving Colorado.

QwvYAvfl.jpg

ckq11IBl.jpg

Pokémon XYORAS - Mew Event
meweventgift.jpg

For those of you in Europe & Australia, a code has been released to give you the Mythical Pokémon, Mew. This is a second chance gift available only if you did not redeem a Mew code earlier this year. The code to obtain the Mew is MEW2016. It's currently unknown for how long this distribution will last

There was someone itt who could not get a hold of a Mew code back then. Don't know who it was though. But if anyone missed it, here's another chance.

Pokémon XYORAS - Manaphy Event
manaphyevent.jpg

For those of you in Europe & Australia, the Manaphy event is now available on Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. This event is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Get Via Internet and gives you the Mythical Pokémon Manaphy, which can't be found in the wild. With this, you can also breed it with Ditto to get the Pokémon, Phione, which can only be obtained by breeding Manaphy. This event is only running through to June 24th so get while you can. It'll be added on North American games later today. Our Event Database has been updated with full details of this event
Edit: Live in North America now, too

Tomorrow? I thought we were getting news on the 3rd. Oh well the sooner the better.

I'm hoping there's some news about that awesome dog and final forme of Zygarde being in Sun and Moon. I hope those aren't just for the cartoon.

zygarde-10.jpg

This thing is fuckin awesome.

Tomorrow? I thought we were getting news on the 3rd. Oh well the sooner the better.
It's today, 22:00 JST. That should be in about 3.5 hours from this post.

I just hope it's a decent scoop of information, and not some minor stuff.

I'm hoping there's some news about that awesome dog and final forme of Zygarde being in Sun and Moon. I hope those aren't just for the cartoon.

zygarde-10.jpg

This thing is fuckin awesome.
I can't imagine those pokemon never being in the games. Would be very odd if they were cartoon only IMO. I think we may see them in Sun & Moon or maybe even before that as event Pokemon.

I was expecting a Z version tbh, before a new gen but I think they can still put them in there.

Some new info revealed, but not a whole lot.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon

The next details for Pokémon Sun & Moon have been revealed. These details come via the secind footage of the game which showcases some new Pokémon. It reveals the legends as Solgaleo, the Psychic Steel with Full Metal Body ability and the move Sunsteel Strike, and Lunala, the Psychic/Ghost with the ability Shadow Shield & the move Moongeist Beam, as well as a new Rotom in your Pokédex. The professor is the character Kukui and has a mysterious assistant called Lillie. Your new friend is called Hau Keep checking back as we get more details.

Psychic/Ghost typing kinda sucks. 4x weak to both Ghost and Dark.

Everyone was way off with Solgaleo's typing lol

I can't imagine those pokemon never being in the games. Would be very odd if they were cartoon only IMO. I think we may see them in Sun & Moon or maybe even before that as event Pokemon.

I was expecting a Z version tbh, before a new gen but I think they can still put them in there.

I was definitely expecting Z to be announced before Sun & Moon. Although I'm not disappointed, I wouldn't have minded another game in Kalos either.

I was definitely expecting Z to be announced before Sun & Moon. Although I'm not disappointed, I wouldn't have minded another game in Kalos either.
Maybe we travel back to Kalos. Seems there's some unfinished business there.

Back