Pokémon Discussion volume 9

I noticed in the trailer the trainer's shirt changes from blue striped to black striped in one of the shots, and he had different shorts in another. Then there's the shot of him without a hat. Almost 100% confirmed for trainer customization returning! Hoping for even more options than X/Y had!

Maaan. I like new games & the area looks cool. It's just the addition of new Pokemon that bothers me. I know that might be dumb, lol. I just love the past gens so much(1-4 specifically).

At the moment I'm team fire kitty all the way. If they show the owl evolves into something cool it may change my mind. I think we can all agree that the seal looks stupid as fuck though.

Also conflicted on the box legendaries. Both look so awesome!
Totally with you here, haha. Fire cat would be my first choice... & kind of leaning towards Sun since I have Y & the Moon legendary is also a flying like Yveltal. At least i'm assuming...

We should do like, a tournament sometime or something... :p

Never battled any of you fools before. I might get stomped, but I don't give a shit.

Maaan. I like new games & the area looks cool. It's just the addition of new Pokemon that bothers me. I know that might be dumb, lol. I just love the past gens so much(1-4 specifically).
I loved generation 4. I think Sinnoh was hands down the best. More challenging gym leaders and IMO the hardest champion in any of the games.

Fortunately, if the pattern continues, we'll be getting a remake of Sinnoh with these improved graphics in 2017-2018. Hell fuckin yes!

I loved generation 4. I think Sinnoh was hands down the best. More challenging gym leaders and IMO the hardest champion in any of the games.

Fortunately, if the pattern continues, we'll be getting a remake of Sinnoh with these improved graphics in 2017-2018. Hell fuckin yes!
As far as i'm aware, Sinnoh was one of the least popular... Otherwise we may have gotten it by now... :(
But yeah, I really liked it too. & Cynthia is a straight up monster, lol.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time if they kept making new regions to explore with no new Pokémon it would get dull. Lately though they haven't been adding many new Pokémon. In gen 6 X/Y only added like 50-60 new ones. I wouldn't mind if in this generation they focused more on giving some old Pokémon new evolutions. There are a lot of single stage Pokémon that could use one, or a two stage line that could use a third. They already ruined Pinsir with a Mega, but Tauros could use an evo. So could a bunch of others.

Totally with you here, haha. Fire cat would be my first choice... & kind of leaning towards Sun since I have Y & the Moon legendary is also a flying like Yveltal. At least i'm assuming...

I just hope we can get both in each game. That lion just looks incredible. But I like the Moon theme better and that Legendary looks like almost a vampire bat so I neeed it.

As far as i'm aware, Sinnoh was one of the least popular... Otherwise we may have gotten it by now... :(

I think the chances of Sinnoh remakes being next up on the list is very likely. I'd love to see how they do the underground with wifi and 3D.

I think I'm the only one who didn't think Cynthia was that tough. I struggled a lot more with Steven and Alder/Iris in the gen 5 games.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time if they kept making new regions to explore with no new Pokémon it would get dull. Lately though they haven't been adding many new Pokémon. In gen 6 X/Y only added like 50-60 new ones. I wouldn't mind if in this generation they focused more on giving some old Pokémon new evolutions. There are a lot of single stage Pokémon that could use one, or a two stage line that could use a third. They already ruined Pinsir with a Mega, but Tauros could use an evo. So could a bunch of others.
Very true & love that idea...

As far as I know this third evo of HootHoot is fake but it needs to be real :p

2778198-hoothoot_noctowl_mega_evolution_mega_stone_nintendo_gaming_male.png

Has a Sinnoh-y look to it. Gen 4 would have been the perfect time for that.

I just hope we can get both in each game. That lion just looks incredible. But I like the Moon theme better and that Legendary looks like almost a vampire bat so I neeed it.
Ahaha, I hear ya :p
Moon theme better...but dat lion... I'm sure we'll be able to get both in one game...via trades... :p

I think the chances of Sinnoh remakes being next up on the list is very likely. I'd love to see how they do the underground with wifi and 3D.

I think I'm the only one who didn't think Cynthia was that tough. I struggled a lot more with Steven and Alder/Iris in the gen 5 games.
Yeeeah. That would interesting.

I think Cynthia & Steven were definitely the hardest. Steel is just a tough type to go against if you aren't planning on fighting it. I didn't play gen 5 but what's her face from Kalos wasn't too tough from what I remember... A challenge but nothing crazy.

Actually, more I think about it, Lance totally kicked my ass back in Crystal version, haha. I had to re-battle him way too much. It was so satisfying finally beating him.

We just got the Hoenn remake so we wouldn't get a Sinnoh until after the upcoming generation (Sun & Moon) come out

I didn't play gen 5 but what's her face from Kalos wasn't too tough from what I remember... A challenge but nothing crazy.

The gen 5 Elite 4 and champtions were all pretty challenging from what I remember. Gen 5 gets a lot of shit for too many shitty Pokémon but the region is amazing, the leaders are great, the storylines are the most mature out of any Pokémon games as well. Also has the most post game content.

Kalos was cool but holy shit was it too easy. Even Diantha the champion was a joke. I remember beating her whole team with only 2 of mine. Gen 6 was just overall too easy, and I didn't even use that bullshit exp share.

The gen 5 Elite 4 and champtions were all pretty challenging from what I remember. Gen 5 gets a lot of shit for too many shitty Pokémon but the region is amazing, the leaders are great, the storylines are the most mature out of any Pokémon games as well. Also has the most post game content.

Kalos was cool but holy shit was it too easy. Even Diantha the champion was a joke. I remember beating her whole team with only 2 of mine. Gen 6 was just overall too easy, and I didn't even use that bullshit exp share.
I want them to add a post game where you can go back and challenge gyms, at a increased difficulty. Increase the levels and allow full6v6 battles. It would be easy content to add to the post game, and give some variety to level new pokemon.

I don't know if it would be a bad idea to add difficulty options, but I would really like to play a harder pokemon game. I don't battle people, I just play through the story and train shit. I'd love to get my ass kicked by a gym leader a few times before beating them, instead of steam rolling everybody with my super team.

Broke out Platinum today. Had some fun doing some battles against the a few gym leaders at the Survival Area then ran through the Elite Four. I think Sinnoh had a pretty solid type group. Bug, Ground, Fire & Psychic. Though...i'd probably swap out ground with electric & boom. That's a pretty perfect challenge. Maybe even dark. Or swap dark with fire...damn. My Gyarados made the middle two easy. A strong bug trainer is tough though. Like that.

There's never been an electric or dark trainer in the Elite Four has there? (didn't play gen 5)

Edit:

Whoops! Forgot Karen from gen 2 & Sidney from gen 3...

Last edited by a moderator:
I want them to add a post game where you can go back and challenge gyms, at a increased difficulty. Increase the levels and allow full6v6 battles. It would be easy content to add to the post game, and give some variety to level new pokemon.
This needs to happen. Even something like in Platinum or SS/HG would be okay with me again.

I don't know if it would be a bad idea to add difficulty options, but I would really like to play a harder pokemon game. I don't battle people, I just play through the story and train shit. I'd love to get my ass kicked by a gym leader a few times before beating them, instead of steam rolling everybody with my super team.

Run a full Nuzlocke. lol

I want to see the evil team's theme changed. I liked Team Rocket. They weren't looking to take over the world. They were just the mafia and they were ruthless motherfuckers, cutting off Pokemon tails and whatnot.

Team Magma/Aqua's goals were stupid and it was so sudden that they saw the error of their ways. Team Galactic's goal was dumb and emo. Team Plasma's goal was stupid and would backfire once everyone figured out what they were really planning. Team Flare's goal was a bit too over the top.

Dial it back.

Back