plyo & calisthenics same day or separate day?

G-dog

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Should I do them all at once (4 exercises in total), or should I do plyo's on one day, then calisthenics on the other?

Need more details.

Which exercises in particular are you talking about?

What are your goals?

Need more details.

Which exercises in particular are you talking about?

What are your goals?

Thanks for the quick reply. When it comes to calisthenics, I'm just doing pull ups and dips. For plyo's I'm doing things like med ball slams, jumping squats, plyo pushups, etc. usually 2 plyo exercises per workout. My goals are:
1. Increasing explosive power
2. Having an athletic physique

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. When it comes to calisthenics, I'm just doing pull ups and dips. For plyo's I'm doing things like med ball slams, jumping squats, plyo pushups, etc. usually 2 plyo exercises per workout. My goals are:
1. Increasing explosive power
2. Having an athletic physique
You could do all those exercises in one workout.

Ok, would it be ok if I did the plyo stuff on the rest day from the calisthenics, or will it affect the recovery?
From what you wrote, you aren't doing high volume workouts. Just a few exercises. So you should have no problem doing that. Unless you haven't been working out and you're just getting back into it.

So yeah, I think you could do it that way.

From what you wrote, you aren't doing high volume workouts. Just a few exercises. So you should have no problem doing that. Unless you haven't been working out and you're just getting back into it.

So yeah, I think you could do it that way.

When I get back to weight lifting, should I do plyo along with it, or should I do plyo on the rest days?

When I get back to weight lifting, should I do plyo along with it, or should I do plyo on the rest days?
It's tough for me to say. It just depends on what all you're doing, and your schedule. Try it out both ways and see how it works, and how you feel. With what exercises you listed, I don't think it matters a lot. For you it will come down to what works best for you and feels right. So don't stress over it. Just try it out and modify if you need to.

It's tough for me to say. It just depends on what all you're doing, and your schedule. Try it out both ways and see how it works, and how you feel. With what exercises you listed, I don't think it matters a lot. For you it will come down to what works best for you and feels right. So don't stress over it. Just try it out and modify if you need to.

Thank you, what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

Back