Please share your opinion on this free-form self defense

Amazing, I feel I need this to help implement my game. Gonna give up Moo thigh, MMA, and no-gi grappling for this

looks like you just try and re-enact a seizure in front of your attacker, and hope they back off out of fear/confusion

Well, if it's good enough for Steven Seagal, who am I to argue?

the first video honestly doesn't look too far off from most of the street fight videos on youtube, so not bad?

Amazing, I feel I need this to help implement my game. Gonna give up Moo thigh, MMA, and no-gi grappling for this
Okay but doesn't it take like 8 to 10 years to get good at those things if you're not BJ Penn? This seems more learn-able and the open palm strikes might be Bas Rutten approved for not breaking your hands.

Okay but doesn't it take like 8 to 10 years to get good at those things if you're not BJ Penn? This seems more learn-able and the open palm strikes might be Bas Rutten approved for not breaking your hands.

Repeat after me........

There are no short cuts........

That is stupid I can't believe you actually think that it can be used as a form of self defense. These guys look like fools and I'm so disgusted by this that I just threw up in my own mouth. Reporting this thread btw and hope you get banned

That is stupid I can't believe you actually think that it can be used as a form of self defense. These guys look like fools and I'm so disgusted by this that I just threw up in my own mouth. Reporting this thread btw and hope you get banned
Some aspects seem okay but I was looking for opinions. What's stupid about it exactly?

My favorite form of self defense is dipping out like I'm Usain Bolt.

These people can only play this game. This has no real efficiency. For me there are only two styles that really teach self defense would be. That what is taught power if used on the Street and against personnel with weapons. They are the Krav Maga and the Kombato.

I hate to be that guy - but honestly if there isn't a full contact combat sport involved - it's probably not worth it.

MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, BJJ, Judo, Karate + other forms of full contact kickboxing like K-1, Savate and Sanshou rules - worth it.

The rest I take with a HUUUUUGE grain of salt.

I hate to be that guy - but honestly if there isn't a full contact combat sport involved - it's probably not worth it.

MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, BJJ, Judo, Karate + other forms of full contact kickboxing like K-1, Savate and Sanshou rules - worth it.

The rest I take with a HUUUUUGE grain of salt.
Just to confirm, in a knife attack?

looks like a good mobility exercise honestly, but this appears to be attempting to solve a problem that doesn't exist - that the limiting factor in self defense is generating spontaneity. Maybe thats true insofar as people freeze when the fight-or-flight hits but I dunno if this is helping.

Generally skeptical of fat couch potato types doing rehearsed stuff as practical self-defense techniques. This is more like it -

Generally skeptical of fat couch potato types doing rehearsed stuff as practical self-defense techniques. This is more like it -

Being fat might be a good thing if jabbed by a knife.
I think the point might be is that an attack is often a chaotic mess.

In a knife attack your best form of self defence is to take up sprinting. Knife defences don't work.
I'm a certified self-defense instructor and I approve of this message.
If you're getting mugged by a guy with a knife - give him the money.
If someone with a knife is after you personally - run or get help.
People get stabbed and die every day, blackbelts included.
Any martial art that markets itself as "reliable knife defense" makes me cringe. :(

Back