PLEASE let Fedor beat Mir so we get Fedor vs. Sonnen

Fedor vs Sonnen would be an absolutely epic spectacle of America vs Russia.

Sadly I have a hard time believing Fedor is going to get past Mir.

He can win but he also has a legitimate chance of being finished.

*PRAYS TO THE LORD THAT FEDOR WINS*

Fedor needs to win for Prides honor.

Otherwise you get either...
- MIR: Wins over Fedor, Crocop, and Nogueria twice.
- SONNEN: Wins over Fedor, Shogun, Rampage, and Wanderlei.

I’d love to see Sonnen beat Fedor and everyone lose their shit, but I don’t see him getting past Mir.

Seeing the Wandy fight, Sonnen would destroy Fedor. I'm a Fedor fan and i'd hate to see Sonnen running his mouth after defeating Fedor.

Unless Fedor improves his ground game (instead of only headhunting), i don't see him getting past Mir and Sonnen.

Seeing the Wandy fight, Sonnen would destroy Fedor. I'm a Fedor fan and i'd hate to see Sonnen running his mouth after defeating Fedor.

Unless Fedor improves his ground game (instead of only headhunting), i don't see him getting past Mir and Sonnen.
he's got to take down fedor first. Fedor sambo king. Is no wand

Sambo king my ass lol

Fedor is a 41 year old, tired, injured, old man who looks like hes just there for a paycheck.
Yet a sonnen who struggles with bigger grapplers is going to take down fedor and keep him there?

Fedor judo tosses a s he clinches. Sonnen is no hendo.
Fedor sonnen is a lock. Fedor
Such a bad match up

Yet a sonnen who struggles with bigger grapplers is going to take down fedor and keep him there?

Fedor judo tosses a s he clinches. Sonnen is no hendo.
Fedor sonnen is a lock. Fedor
Such a bad match up

Honestly I dont know how anyone can watch Fedor these days and still confidently say hes a "lock" against anyone...

and for that reason I disagree with you strongly...

It seems like in your mind Fedor is still in 2005 and still in his prime. Look at the recent footage of him bro. He looks fucking terrible and its sad to say this because hes my favorite fighter ever.

Sonnen is an Olympic Alternate level wrestler who still trains hard with legitimate training partners and is a legit purple belt in BJJ and had no problems with taking Rampage down and had no problems with taking Shogun down and submitting him. Thats not someone who Fedor is going to be a "lock" against...

Im not saying Fedor cant win, Im saying youre inflating the fuck out of his current abilities based on his how he looked 10+ years agoo...

Here is a reminder... Here is how Fedor looks NOW...

It's not worth putting up with Sonnen when he most likely wins.

Fedor needs to win for Prides honor.

Otherwise you get either...
- MIR: Wins over Fedor, Crocop, and Nogueria twice.
- SONNEN: Wins over Fedor, Shogun, Rampage, and Wanderlei.

That would be the most unlikeliest outcome in the history of MMA if you ever asked that like a while back. I think big thing is that grapplers tend to be able to perform at a higher level past their peak age. I have no doubt in my mind Sonnen would have gotten destroyed by all of them, and so does Mir in prime for prime match up.

Honestly I dont know how anyone can watch Fedor these days and still confidently say hes a "lock" against anyone...

and for that reason I disagree with you strongly...

It seems like in your mind Fedor is still in 2005 and still in his prime. Look at the recent footage of him bro. He looks fucking terrible and its sad to say this because hes my favorite fighter ever.

Sonnen is an Olympic Alternate level wrestler who still trains hard with legitimate training partners and is a legit purple belt in BJJ and had no problems with taking Rampage down and had no problems with taking Shogun down and submitting him. Thats not someone who Fedor is going to be a "lock" against...

Im not saying Fedor cant win, Im saying youre inflating the fuck out of his current abilities based on his how he looked 10+ years agoo...

Here is a reminder... Here is how Fedor looks NOW...

He looks as bad as someone can look in sparring vids.

I really think Crocop that won that RIzin Gp steals Fedor's soul back now...

That would be the most unlikeliest outcome in the history of MMA if you ever asked that like a while back. I think big thing is that grapplers tend to be able to perform at a higher level past their peak age. I have no doubt in my mind Sonnen would have gotten destroyed by all of them, and so does Mir in prime for prime match up.
Oh you would get murdered for even suggesting any of the above a few years ago. Adding details would make it even worse, as in Sonnen full on outstriking Rampage or him submitting Shogun in the first.

Oh you would get murdered for even suggesting any of the above a few years ago. Adding details would make it even worse, as in Sonnen full on outstriking Rampage or him submitting Shogun in the first.

Him submitting Shogun for me is one of the flukest wins of all time, along with Crocop getting ktfo by GG.

And he fought Fat-page tho

He looks as bad as someone can look in sparring vids.

Also its important to understand the context.

If hes out fight camp its one thing. But this is two weeks out of the fight...

Him submitting Shogun for me is one of the flukest wins of all time, along with Crocop getting ktfo by GG.

And he fought Fat-page tho
I completely understand the Shogun not being in his prime perspective.

But why do you think that version of Sonnen beating that version of Shogun was a fluke? Sonnen was the favorite to win that night.

I completely understand the Shogun not being in his prime perspective.

But why do you think that version of Sonnen beating that version of Shogun was a fluke? Sonnen was the favorite to win that night.

Cuz I think Shogun is special, and Sonnen is a garbage at any stages in their careers

Yes, Fedor-Sonnen is an epic unfinished business. Sonnen talked a lot of crap about Fedor (also). He was the first who questioned Fedor's legacy.

Back