Please inputs here

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hello all..

I have been trainin MA and doing stenght treining for a while now. I have always prioritize building muscle and strenght over MA techniques. So i used to do 5x5 routines and relatively spend more time than i should with weights than on the mats.

Now i am thinking about getting the minimal but optimal lenght from my strenght sessions and maximum training from MA

so, in addition to BJJ everyday, i would incorporate Judo and Boxing or Wrestling, i still dont know.
The fact is, its going to be taxing on my body and etc.

The benefits i want from the gym is maintaining strenght, adding some if possible (a little caloric surplus) and preventing injuries.

i was thinking about doing just two exercises a day, in a push, pull and squat division twice a week. Push day would be 3x5 on the bench and OHP 3x10 and thats it. Pull would be deadlifts and rows or pull ups. Squats 3x5 plus nothing major (leg extension, leg curls bi-set)

Do you think this is acceptable? Meaning, is it reallt light or am i fooling myself?
Im an old man in my 33 yo with a history of injuryes that i dont want to come back to my life.

Thanks!

You have a history of injuries and train BJJ every day... and want to do 2 muscle group strength training everyday as well?

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking.

It sounds like you are red lining for no real purpose. Unless this is your paid profession I would slow down.

Pushups, chin/pull ups, kettlebell and running should be plenty to go along with all the combat sports your involved in.

nobody can really tell you what your body is capable of.

but like fc said, if it's just a hobby then don't kill yourself.
especially if you are not the born athlete, over 30 with trt and a history of injuries and depression iirc.

training bjj every day plus wrestling and judo or boxing sounds like a lot.
in addition to that you want to maintain or even gain on your weights routine.

at the beginning i would just focus on the martial arts and try to do some lifting if i feel like.
maybe with a really simple progression tool like EDT or something and staying away from a lot of hard sets.
abbreviated routines are cool. maybe try upper/lower. 1 push, 1 pull and in the next session squats or deadlifts.

most of the time the problem is not the workouts but the recovery e.g. calories + sleep and a relaxed mind.

have fun

Hello all..

I have been trainin MA and doing stenght treining for a while now. I have always prioritize building muscle and strenght over MA techniques. So i used to do 5x5 routines and relatively spend more time than i should with weights than on the mats.

Now i am thinking about getting the minimal but optimal lenght from my strenght sessions and maximum training from MA

so, in addition to BJJ everyday, i would incorporate Judo and Boxing or Wrestling, i still dont know.
The fact is, its going to be taxing on my body and etc.

The benefits i want from the gym is maintaining strenght, adding some if possible (a little caloric surplus) and preventing injuries.

i was thinking about doing just two exercises a day, in a push, pull and squat division twice a week. Push day would be 3x5 on the bench and OHP 3x10 and thats it. Pull would be deadlifts and rows or pull ups. Squats 3x5 plus nothing major (leg extension, leg curls bi-set)

Do you think this is acceptable? Meaning, is it reallt light or am i fooling myself?
Im an old man in my 33 yo with a history of injuryes that i dont want to come back to my life.

Thanks!
Maybe a routine like pavels power to the people would fit in nicely. It's allegedly not taxing and is effective, but I have never done it so idk

~DaViD~

Maybe a routine like pavels power to the people would fit in nicely. It's allegedly not taxing and is effective, but I have never done it so idk

~DaViD~

hey, thanks for this idea.
its a coincidence i have stumbled on some pavel stuff just the other day.
ive read something on the internet abouot Power to The People and it seems very simple and indeed not taxing...maybe.

could you just help me with a question?
its mentioned :
  • 3-5 seconds up for deadlift and press
    • 3-5 seconds down for press

what does this mean? im lost in translation...it refers to the eccentric and concentric phase of the exercise? i really dont know...just a silly question but im confused... o_O

hey, thanks for this idea.
its a coincidence i have stumbled on some pavel stuff just the other day.
ive read something on the internet abouot Power to The People and it seems very simple and indeed not taxing...maybe.

could you just help me with a question?
its mentioned :
  • 3-5 seconds up for deadlift and press
    • 3-5 seconds down for press

what does this mean? im lost in translation...it refers to the eccentric and concentric phase of the exercise? i really dont know...just a silly question but im confused... o_O
From what I've read you are correct. He's big into teaching the muscle how to contract or something like that, I honestly wouldn't do it that slow but idk he's the expert. A lot of his stuff is on strongfirst.com too, they have a forum and everything. Also, I did his fighter pull-up program and my buddy and I both got outstanding results from it so I personally have faith in his programs

~DaViD~

Back