Please help me find the ideal pair of 10 oz glove and pad/mitt suggestions!

whatsupbras

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello,

I came to Sherdog a few months ago and was steered toward a pair of RT41 from UMA at 14oz with a tear drop bag from KO Fight Gear

While I love the gloves my coach has suggested to get some 10 oz gloves that will protect my hands (knuckles) and wrists as much as the RT-41 do

Also I want to buy a set of pads/mitts for my coach but unsure what type are best? Air Mitts/Pads or Focus Pads? I believe he has these mitts right now http://www.everlast.com/boxing/coaching-equipment/prime-leather-mitts so something similar or an improvement in terms of protection and comfort would be ideal!

All your help was greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing your suggestions this time around!

All depends on your budget.

Rival RFX 10oz with HDE padding are extremely comfortable and offer fantastic protection. The padding used also lasts a longer time than most 10oz gloves.

Cleto Reyes Safetecs are another you could use at a similar price but, whilst I think they're better crafted, they don't have as good a wrist support. You could always double wrap or focus wrapping primarily on your wrists however.

Just my two cents on the mainstream brands.

If you want to try i am offering my gloves at 100 usd plus shiping, my xmas sale.
I can give you gloves that fit your needs exactly
I can also quote a pair of mits
All custom

Thanks
Dorian

From personal experiene:

Winning 10oz laceup (Pro fight) or Velcro (training). The velcro has better knuckle protection though.

Rival RB1 Ultra.

R2C C17 (only available in 12oz-18oz)

Cleto Reyes Safetec pro fight gloves (almost no wrist support though).

Title Amateur Competition gloves. (I'm referring to basically any previous generation amateur gloves that used multi-layer foam. Almost all modern amateur competition gloves use IMF type foam now, which is protective too but very bulky).

Rival RB11 Evolution I hear is good. Medium should be 10oz.

As for mitts, I've recently been enjoying the Rival Air Mitts. Very protective for working with heavyweights.

Back