Please delete

mrv

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Please delete thread

Last edited:
Could it be due to shipping? shipping always crushes and destroys my gloves to a certain extend. (Me being from the uk)

If not, my guess would be they were a returned pair.

The foam is wrapped in plastic to waterproof it, I think. I know this because when mine started falling apart, the plastic started grouping together until I pulled it out. That could be what you’re noticing.

I have noticed the same thing with those dimples / bumps on multiple sets of Sabas SuperSofts. It didn’t bother me when using them but I never really understood what caused them. I’ve seen this on Reyes gloves as well. In terms of Sabas, I definitely prefer ProSeries over SuperSoft.

Have you contacted SABAS about this ? Can't wait to see what they have to say.

BTW why did you stop the Recoil brand ? Only heard great reviews from your products.

Hey seabass, I've sent them an email so we'll see what they say but I'm not expecting much as I'm in the UK, regarding recoil honestly I made a mistake I think, i expected too much too soon in regards to sales. A big stumbling block was I couldn't go for stupid pricing like "Di Nardo" so to actually sell enough gloves to make enough profit to sustain a living is more or less impossible without spending thousands on marketing and man hours so I decided to just give up but now I regret it. There's too many brands all claiming to be the best and fooling the end user which is not fair, I can honestly say my first glove the original cobra which cost £60 odd, beats the Sabas supersoft

There is an old saying that said: it takes money to make money.

Wish I had grabbed a pair of a Recoil before you stopped .

Hope SABAS will send you another pair. Keep us updated.

They are very responsive on their main IG page if you DM them.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I have 16oz ProSeries and after a year they're starting to wilt and hurt my hands on the heavy bag. I think I will be purchasing some lace up Triumphs or if my tax return is huge, Casanovas.

They are very responsive on their main IG page if you DM them.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I have 16oz ProSeries and after a year they're starting to wilt and hurt my hands on the heavy bag. I think I will be purchasing some lace up Triumphs or if my tax return is huge, Casanovas.

Have you tried using additional knuckle protection such as the Winning NG2 knuckle guards?

Usually those NG2s are my go-to's for "restoring life" to worn out gloves.

Have you tried using additional knuckle protection such as the Winning NG2 knuckle guards?

Usually those NG2s are my go-to's for "restoring life" to worn out gloves.

you know that is a great suggestion and it would be the best possible course of action as these gloves are now completely melted into my hands as far as fit goes, and the velcro isn't even near being worn out on them.

I think I will try that. Hopefully the ones on amazon are legit.

you know that is a great suggestion and it would be the best possible course of action as these gloves are now completely melted into my hands as far as fit goes, and the velcro isn't even near being worn out on them.

I think I will try that. Hopefully the ones on amazon are legit.

Great. Interested in hearing your experiences with them.

Amazon is legit, I've gotten a few pairs from them in the past.

Definitely a great product; they make professional fight gloves suitable for serious heavybag sessions. Well maybe with the exception of mexican-style fight gloves (Everlast MX, Reyes...)... depends on the individual I guess. As for me, I'm not comfortable going full power on the bag with mexican fight gloves even with NG2s.

Great. Interested in hearing your experiences with them.

Amazon is legit, I've gotten a few pairs from them in the past.

Definitely a great product; they make professional fight gloves suitable for serious heavybag sessions. Well maybe with the exception of mexican-style fight gloves (Everlast MX, Reyes...)... depends on the individual I guess. As for me, I'm not comfortable going full power on the bag with mexican fight gloves even with NG2s.

<32>Get yourself a water bag and say goodbye to your limp wristed woes !!

Had an update today @Kick_@ss_Seabass;

"Hello, the lines you see are from the poly bag that is used to fill the glove. It is present in all of our gloves, it is a bit more noticeable in darker colored leather. It won't affect the performance of the glove.
The gloves are handmade and not machine made, so no two gloves are the same exact in profile.
Yes the hand compartment is correct. You can adjust the finger setting at the tip of the fingers, it allows you to adjust the the liner and you and tuck it in more or less depending on you desired fit. We do understand that our gloves are not for everyone. Please send them back for a refund if you do not like them"

I suppose that's fair enough, maybe it was that my expectations were a bit too high? I will certainly keep them and try them out though
Get a refund while you still can...

Jk.

If they say it's normal.....

Just sucks that you got the pair with the line and the pimples. Where they stock gloves or custom ?

Just stopped me trying Sabas for my next purchase.

Firstly the purpose of this post wasn't to put people off, just to document my experience. Sabas are telling me it's simply the way they are made which is fair enough, however for a premium glove I expect better. My RTC C17S were flawless!

I have NEVER seen dimples and lumps beneath the leather on any other glove in my life, even £15 everlast crappies so I don't understand what they mean by "the creases are caused by a poly bag which is used to fill the glove" what does that mean? I thought all handmade gloves use hand carved pre glued foams and certainly not anything which has been "filled".

Personally I don't like the lining but that's personal preference and again, fair enough about the left and right glove having different proportions due to then being handmade. I just can't decide if these problems are worth me pushing an exchange/refund and being forced to pay £60 shipping from the UK to the U.S, or should I just forget how the cosmetics look and put the gloves to use??!!

You could try selling them on eBay. I actually sold my Sabas SuperSofts on eBay because I didn’t like those little lumps under the leather. I was able to sell them for only about $25 less than I originally paid for them. I’ve seen some Sabas go for $100 or more on eBay if brand new or just very lightly used.

For the cost I'd expect a premium glove with little to no defects and near perfect profile for both gloves.

Hi guys, bit of an update for you. Today I used the gloves for the first time and I'm still disappointed. The foam is superb and they are a great punchers glove with fantastic wrist support also however two more issues have arisen. Other than the liner which is the most annoying thing ive ever dealt with and also the dimples/blemishes I've noticed the grip bar isn't big enough so when creating a fist my fingers are hitting the centre piping of the glove. Also I've noticed a couple of QC issues, for example the right gloves "back of the hand" foam cut is a bit wonky which leaves a gap between the cuff and the start of the foam.

Man that sucks. Sometime I wonder if companies "reserve" those gloves for long distance buyers. They know shipping cost a lot and most of the time, the client will decide to keep them....

Happened to me with my C17. Ring 2 cage was awesome and refunded me everything. Did not get another pair this as shipping for the new pair was at my expense and they could not guarantee they would have no "defects".

Back