PSN: Playstation Plus thread (PS5 / PS4 / PS3 Network)

Sony really need to offer an alternative. They could easily sell a $20 a year sub without the bargain bin shit
yup If they had an multiplayer type of subscription, I swear almost all of the games Ive gotten I hardly even play. Either that or add old AAA games every month and add other free stuff like wall papers or themes/ avatars.

Lowering prices isn't really what people want. They want a decent free game each month. Not horrible 80s arcade style indie side scrollers.

yup If they had an multiplayer type of subscription, I swear almost all of the games Ive gotten I hardly even play. Either that or add old AAA games every month and add other free stuff like wall papers or themes/ avatars.

They could just do this crazy thing, where playing online is free, and if you want some extra goodies, you can pay for a premium subscription. I remember some company doing that very thing last gen...

Lowering prices isn't really what people want. They want a decent free game each month. Not horrible 80s arcade style indie side scrollers.
It's something I want. I love getting a game I've put off playing for dirt cheap.

They could just do this crazy thing, where playing online is free, and if you want some extra goodies, you can pay for a premium subscription. I remember some company doing that very thing last gen...

...or you know, like PC games!

It's something I want. I love getting a game I've put off playing for dirt cheap.
I was talking about the subscription price, I agree that cheap games are good but what attracts people to PS + is the free games. I've let it lag for about 3 months now because none of the free games are worth DLing for me.

Although most the free games don't fall into genres I particularly care for I have ended up having fun with a lot of them. I've also purchased a lot of the games with PS+ discounts (most commonly the games under $10).

Are they games I'll get hundreds or hours out of? Nope. But 10-15 hours of entertainment for under $10/free is cool with me.

Plus most the free games have extremely easy trophies to collect. I do love me some trophies!

well they kinda nullfied that last gen when game developers started adding online passes at $10 each unless the game was new.and yes online for free would be the ideal way to go ala PC but sadly its not that way. So maybe a diffrent ps plus for online at lower cost or $60 including better games and online. Or maybe add like a free Netflix type of service bundled with the plus since Sony does have an extensive movie library also.

I was talking about the subscription price, I agree that cheap games are good but what attracts people to PS + is the free games. I've let it lag for about 3 months now because none of the free games are worth DLing for me.
That's absurd, Seano.

What attracts people to PS+ is being able to game online. I guarantee you that the overwhelming majority of users who subscribe do so for that reason as their principal. The free games are added incentive: icing on the cake. That's it.

That's absurd, Seano.

What attracts people to PS+ is being able to game online. I guarantee you that the overwhelming majority of users who subscribe do so for that reason as their principal. The free games are added incentive: icing on the cake. That's it.
Its not absurd. Its the reason my account has lapsed and I haven't bothered to renew. Obviously, PS is lowering the prices for a reason and its because of the games offered. Read the comments section of any blog or whoever announces the games each month. People don't like the indie games. I mean, I get why they aren't giving out AAA titles multiple times a month but come on. The offerings have been straight garbage for several months now.

I put a fair bit of time into Tropico 5, but I would say in the last year, thats the only game I spent more than an hour on that was offered by PS+.

Its not absurd. Its the reason my account has lapsed and I haven't bothered to renew. Obviously, PS is lowering the prices for a reason and its because of the games offered. Read the comments section of any blog or whoever announces the games each month. People don't like the indie games. I mean, I get why they aren't giving out AAA titles multiple times a month but come on. The offerings have been straight garbage for several months now.
I didn't say it was absurd that you bought it for this reason as your principal. I said it was absurd to believe that the majority of PS+ subscribers subscribed for that reason. You're projecting your preference onto the mainstream, and it just doesn't reflect the reality, anymore.

There's a reason that all of the most popular and bestselling games & franchises in the world (ex. League of Legends, Dota 2, World of Warcraft, CS:Go, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Titanfall, Destiny, Star Wars Battlefront, etc.) either require online play as their exclusive mode, or are driven to the top of the market by their supremacy in online multiplayer activity.

These aren't just Playstation examples, obviously. This is true on every platform, now. Even GTA V, the bestselling single AAA game of all-time, comes from a franchise that shifted from a single player experience to online play. Final Fantasy did the same. Halo shifted all their focus to online MP by Halo 3. Hell, even games like Minecraft are only as big as they are because people can play with their friends over the internet. What was the top seller globally this week? Oh yeah, For Honor.

For more concrete figures, Sony announced last summer they had 20.8m subscribers no the PSN (across all Sony platforms, not just PS4). At the same time, we know that the peak concurrent users on the PS4 alone is nearly triple the PC, for example, on Battlefield 1, and this measures only this single game on the PS+. Meanwhile, we also know that Steam has reached 14m peak concurrent online users across all games for the PC. That's peak concurrent users.

I put a fair bit of time into Tropico 5, but I would say in the last year, thats the only game I spent more than an hour on that was offered by PS+.
I actually enjoyed First light, brothers, rocket league and I think drawn to death looks ok, but I still wish they had the option for online only I would probably just get that. Most of the games I buy are from the discounts or flash sales from PS plus.

apparently, it really does pay to have the 'wrong' console. this looks like how ps+ was during the ps3 era.

it's heavily rumored that sony is making changes to ps+. it can't really be worse, i suppose.

apparently, it really does pay to have the 'wrong' console. this looks like how ps+ was during the ps3 era.

it's heavily rumored that sony is making changes to ps+. it can't really be worse, i suppose.

I bitched for a few months when ps+ started to go the indie route with their free games, but have since learned that I can have a lot of fun with a good majority of what they've offered up.

Are they games I'll spend hundreds of hours on? Heck no.

Are they games that help bridge the gap between my game purchases which are few and far between? Sure are!

Plus I find myself purchasing games when they reach the $10 or less point with the ps+ discount to serve the same purpose.

I can't complain.

Direct link to the flash sale:
https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16879261691?icid=WP_4_09052019

79-261-691-V01.jpg

Can vouch for Gold; looks classy IRL with a subdued finish. The Silver in comparison is a stay-away; looks cheap.

Am currently using controllers Alpine Green and Urban Camo. Alpine Green being one of the latest crop looks and feels fantastic – with the best right/left analogs I've ever had for response and feel.

There was a GoW Limited Edition I fancied back when that had Norse runes encircling the directional buttons but I never ended up following through, così è la vita. While not everyone's cup of, the artistic value in this space can be something to behold.

oak2mc2p8hr9ajyihyns.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back