PSN: Playstation Plus thread (PS5 / PS4 / PS3 Network)

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: looks like the sale has ended

PS Plus price drop on Amazon as April free games release confirmed
playstation-plus-april-2017.jpg

Playstation Universe said:
Check out the PS Plus price deal for a 1-year subscription and get set for the release of the PlayStation Plus April 2017 free games.

Amazon has dropped the PlayStation Plus price for a yearly subscription by 20 percent in the U.S., though Sony is also offering an extra three months for free when you buy PS Plus membership from the PlayStation Store.

Amazon has cut the price of a 12-month subscription to $47.99.
Not everything is bad news.

Last edited:
Only in the US? Bummer, if the price drops in Canada I'll renew my membership.

Didn't they just recently raise the price on PS Plus? Weird. Not that i'm complaining about it. My subscription ends in a week too.

Coming in 2018 PS Power. For a mere $5/month you can power up your console for use online/offline.

I remember when I first signed up for PS+, and got 17 free games right out of the gate. Most of which were AAA games.

Times have changed.

Sony really need to offer an alternative. They could easily sell a $20 a year sub without the bargain bin shit

How much has the price went up? Mine expires in October and I looked yesterday and it was $59.99. I thought it was something like $40. Insane price for a year.

Of course they do this right after they squeeze 60 bucks out of me 2 weeks ago. Bastards.

Remember when only Microsoft had the nerve to charge you to play games online?

maxresdefault.jpg

Didn't they just recently raise the price on PS Plus? Weird. Not that i'm complaining about it. My subscription ends in a week too.
LOL, you noticed, huh?

Yeah, a "20% price reduction" off a $60 annual fee brings it down to $48 which is $2 less than what it used to be, and what it still should be. Xbox Gold is $50/yr.
I remember when I first signed up for PS+, and got 17 free games right out of the gate. Most of which were AAA games.

Times have changed.
Times have changed back. Sony only had to be humble for that one generation.

Remember when only Microsoft had the nerve to charge you to play games online?
In their defense though, no one else was providing a reliable and stable platform in the console market when they started that.

Times have changed back. Sony only had to be humble for that one generation.

Yeah, I guess it worked though. I think gamers have become a little entitled as well. I remember paying for Live on day one, with no promise of free monthly games, no deals, no nothing, except for being able to play games online.

...and nobody complained one bit.

Yeah, I guess it worked though. I think gamers have become a little entitled as well. I remember paying for Live on day one, with no promise of free monthly games, no deals, no nothing, except for being able to play games online.

...and nobody complained one bit.
People complained like fucking crazy man.

People complained like fucking crazy man.

No they didn't. Perhaps about the price a little bit, but not because of lack of perks. It didn't even occur to them that they should get free games. Digital downloads weren't even a possibility on the OG Xbox. They were just happy to have a stable online service for their console.

Should be 20 bucks, since they only give us indie games, not the ones that are currently very cheap in stores. For example, Battlefield 4, DA Inquisition, and Battlefield Hardline are very cheap but not free on PS Plus. WTF

Same with the Assassins Creed games and Far Cry 4.

i let my ps+ sub expire about 1.5 years ago. figured i'd renew it once there were games worth playing online (on ps, at least)/games worth checking out from the igc.

i'm still waiting. on a related note, i regret the hell out of getting a ps4.

and yeah, they raised the ps+ price just a few months ago.

i let my ps+ sub expire about 1.5 years ago. figured i'd renew it once there were games worth playing online (on ps, at least)/games worth checking out from the igc.

i'm still waiting. on a related note, i regret the hell out of getting a ps4.

and yeah, they raised the ps+ price just a few months ago.
Why do you regret buying a PS4?

Why do you regret buying a PS4?

because i never use it. it's not even hooked up, anymore. it's just been a waste of money.

current gen console games have sucked spectacularly. if i don't actually break down and try nioh (looks like shit to me, but it's supposed to be great, so i dunno), i probably won't bother plugging it back in until read dead redemption 2.

Back