PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) Official Discussion, v8: Thieves and Hunters and Wombats! No Mans Sky!

Mafia 3 and Dead by daylight are the headliners for the ps plus free line up in august. Not surprising DBD went free as they just got their in game store up and running.

My missus got me a ps4 for my birthday the other week and I got The Long Dark on sale and have been playing it on survival. Getting lost in the dark and running away from the sound of wolves isn't something I thought I'd enjoy but I've got sucked in.

Any other open world survival games you guys could recommend, I'm old and out of the loop of whats available?

I got a PS4 yesterday, Playing BF1 and BF4 and downloaded fortnight.

I had played BF4 on xbox 360 since 2013 lol. It's a lot smoother and nicer on the PS4. It's great playing with a full lobby of people too instead of the same 10 brazilians that are still on 360 online.

My missus got me a ps4 for my birthday the other week and I got The Long Dark on sale and have been playing it on survival. Getting lost in the dark and running away from the sound of wolves isn't something I thought I'd enjoy but I've got sucked in.

Any other open world survival games you guys could recommend, I'm old and out of the loop of whats available?

The Last of Us is supposed to be one of the best. It's super cheap now.

Second one is coming out this year, it's going to be great.
Check it out!

The Last of Us is supposed to be one of the best. It's super cheap now.

Second one is coming out this year, it's going to be great.
Check it out!

TLoU was the last game I bought for my ps3...loved it and will definitely get the sequel at some point.

I got a PS4 yesterday, Playing BF1 and BF4 and downloaded fortnight.

I had played BF4 on xbox 360 since 2013 lol. It's a lot smoother and nicer on the PS4. It's great playing with a full lobby of people too instead of the same 10 brazilians that are still on 360 online.
Got mine this year too. Been super happy with everything from performance to platform exclusives and haven't looked back since. Enjoy.

not really a survival game but a good open world game is Horizon zero dawn ..probably the best game on PS4 or one of the top ones

Destiny 2 and God of War 3 Remastered are PS+ for September. Not a bad haul. GoW 3 on PS4 looks damn impressive still.

Destiny 2 and God of War 3 Remastered are PS+ for September. Not a bad haul. GoW 3 on PS4 looks damn impressive still.

Great now that I ran through GOW twice I'm going to play GOW 3 again and hit the wrong buttons like when I started GOW.

Sony announced today that you will finally be able to download PS Now titles instead of streaming only. It looks like it's not whole sale though, it will have most PS4/PS2 games, but PS3 games won't be available for download.

I tried it out during the beta a few years back and it was pretty decent, but there was a hint of latency and figured games like Dark Souls would drive me mad so it was a pass. May have to reconsider now that you can download them now.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7788-p...-and-ps4-games-to-play-offline-starting-today

TTT. Dragging this up along with the Official Xbox One thread.

Added "PS4" to the title so that title searches for that term would yield this result, and make the thread easier to find.

Any Sherdog PS4 gamers who have been thinking about a new controller should check this out:
https://express.google.com/product/...=0CAIQ0FUoAGoXChMI2r_F3_zp4AIVBfViCh0vLg3dEDc

Use the code "NEWAPP25", and the total will be $32.99.

Google Express will charge your state sales tax to the raw tender regardless of whether the merchant has a physical HQ in your state, but shipping is free. That's considerably better than the $46.47 Amazon charges (and all states pay tax to them, too). Merchant is Antonline, and it has been one of the biggest and most highly rated electronics retailers on eBay for many years, now.

The latest PS4 firmware update added remote play to iOS devices. Recently picked up a 6th gen iPad, so going to check this out tonight. From the article, you can't pair the DS4 with the app which is a bummer. Hoping that Android support comes soon as well. It's already an exclusive feature on the Xperia line of phones/tablets, but crossing my fingers this is the first step to open up cross play across all devices.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/1...-ios-firmware-6-50-iphone-ipad-game-streaming

The latest PS4 firmware update added remote play to iOS devices. Recently picked up a 6th gen iPad, so going to check this out tonight. From the article, you can't pair the DS4 with the app which is a bummer. Hoping that Android support comes soon as well. It's already an exclusive feature on the Xperia line of phones/tablets, but crossing my fingers this is the first step to open up cross play across all devices.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/1...-ios-firmware-6-50-iphone-ipad-game-streaming
dunno if it works on IOS but I on android what I would do is log in as a guest on another account with my ds4 then Id remote play from the main account on the tablet. Only drawback is you basically remote play from the location of the ps4 only, I used to do this if someone was using the TV.

dunno if it works on IOS but I on android what I would do is log in as a guest on another account with my ds4 then Id remote play from the main account on the tablet. Only drawback is you basically remote play from the location of the ps4 only, I used to do this if someone was using the TV.

That's pretty much what I would use it for. Fire up the PS4 when the daughter wants to watch Moana for 100th time.

Any recommendations on a bigger size hdd for the ps4? I've got the smaller launch one and these newer games with massive opening day sizes are killing my space.

Least its another alternative, especially if my Vita craps out i can still play

Back