Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they're considering it, with a mild and continuously tuned aimboost for console users.

lol... really? I was just joking. It would still be a slaughter.

And an aimbot?? Yeah, no one's going to have issues with that, no matter have much assistance is utilized. Seems like dangerous and possibly game breaking territory for a game developer to crawl into. What if the aimbot allows decent console users get headshots easier?

Whoa nelly!!!

that better not be the case...
lol... really? I was just joking. It would still be a slaughter.

And an aimbot?? Yeah, no one's going to have issues with that, no matter have much assistance is utilized. Seems like dangerous and possibly game breaking territory for a game developer to crawl into. What if the aimbot allows decent console users get headshots easier?

Whoa nelly!!!
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...y-might-come-to-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/

Can people shoot through the shipping containers? I was in one and was watching the entrance and I got killed by a scar.

Can people shoot through the shipping containers? I was in one and was watching the entrance and I got killed by a scar.
there is currently no bullet penetration (except wrt destructible shit like glass windows, picket fences, and doors.

Sounds like a lag issue. Or you didn't see the dude in the grass or something.

Can people shoot through the shipping containers?

Hitreg is handled client side then communicated to the server. So a player can shoot through solid objects if they dont render locally. Other causes exist such as no latency check and or terrain not being drawn at specific distances. Its not possible to identify the root sadly since no replay system exists.

Hitreg is handled client side then communicated to the server. So a player can shoot through solid objects if they dont render locally. Other causes exist such as no latency check and or terrain not being drawn at specific distances. Its not possible to identify the root sadly since no replay system exists.

Really? So as long as the client tells the server “I got a hit”, it’s taken as gospel by the server?

It’s crazy they don’t do client-side predictive/server-authoritative. As a server developer, you’re constantly considering that the client is compromised.

I understand trying to make the experience better for the first-person so to speak, but it’s worse for the people playing with that laggy person, and worse architecture overall if you’re concerned with cheating.

Do you have anything re: unrendered objects not having hit boxes? That’s also nuts. Collision is usually isolated from rendering. But I could imagine them using btrees that ignore it all just the same. Either way, player models should also not be rendered at that point - therefore unhittable.

Also: early access so I’m probably being a twat.

im taking a break from this game and moving to Escape from tarkov. i advise you guys take a look at this on pc

It’s crazy they don’t do client-side predictive/server-authoritative. As a server developer, you’re constantly considering that the client is compromised.

This is Blueholes first ever FPS game and FPS multiplayer game. All their previous titles are MMORPG based. PlayerUnknown himself is a consultant, not an actual game coder. An Bluehole didnt properly stress test the Unreal engine before leasing its use. They went in with the presumption that since the Unreal engine worked with their prior MMORPG games it would function in a massive online FPS multiplayer game.

Theyve taken a two correct steps though in remedying this. Outsourced the console port to Microsoft and separated the PUGB PC development team from Bluehole studio. Microsoft part is the most crucial, for they will aid the Pc team in their clear shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back