Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious for your take on the latency/netcode issues affecting PUBG's growth as an eSport?

Reinstalled the game last wednesday. Uninstalled it after only playing four games.

Out of those four games only one felt smooth netcode wise. Every other game had on average a 100-300ms ability delay on item interaction and shooting. Taking a fight against opponents at 200 meter range was infuriating. Each bullet i fired had a completely different travel time.

Dr. Disrespect is pretty much the only streamer I enjoy watching. He's funny as hell and not half bad at the game.

#SlickDaddyClub

This was the funniest shit from back in the day

Reinstalled the game last wednesday. Uninstalled it after only playing four games.

Out of those four games only one felt smooth netcode wise. Every other game had on average a 100-300ms ability delay on item interaction and shooting. Taking a fight against opponents at 200 meter range was infuriating. Each bullet i fired had a completely different travel time.

Yeah getting smashed with a shotgun by a guy you never saw come out of cover, because the lag fucked you, isn't fun. It's not so bad in just a casual pvp game but if they really want to make it an esport, how the fuck is that gonna fly?

I got 16 kills in a match and felt like such a boss. Silencer on the semi auto shotgun was a fucking killer, then picked up a kar fully loaded. Didn't get a chicken dinner but felt badass with the amount of kills I got.

Loving the fog, the mini-14 and the removal of the tommy gun from the crates.
Despite reading that this latest patch was supposed to improve performance, my performance is actually down.
The change with grenade power and the cooking/throwing/rolling is taking me a while to adapt to though.

20170916121725_1.jpg 20170919063006_1.jpg crude-oil-price-history-chart-2018-03-02-macrotrends.png
RussiaGDP.png2018-10-13 05.20.36.jpg

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    39.9 KB · Views: 27
  • I5.JPG
    I5.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I was doing great yesterday was well set up moving into a high player-count late game. Got shot a few times while driving towards my position, got into cover in some trees, wanted to use a first aid kit, hopped out of my jeep a little too soon, took fall damage and died. Fuck me. Still chasing that chicken dinner. I'm so hungry....

This was the funniest shit from back in the day

That video is hilarious

I've never watched Twitch much, but I checked out this guy's Twitch videos yesterday on my home from work thanks to y'alls recommendation... (lol - don't ask) Good stuff

He's got the formula down. Good player, funny and entertaining. I love that he doesn't take himself seriously and realizes he's pretty lucky to be paid for what he's doing. Rather watch streams like this than a lot of the crap on TV. I've watched other "popular" guys for a short while and couldn't stand their arrogant attitudes.

Question... Who are all these people sending in countless donations? Are they kids? They can't be adults, right? And what are these guy's future plans? Streaming games in their 50's? I suppose it's possible.

That video is hilarious

I've never watched Twitch much, but I checked out this guy's Twitch videos yesterday on my home from work thanks to y'alls recommendation... (lol - don't ask) Good stuff

He's got the formula down. Good player, funny and entertaining. I love that he doesn't take himself seriously and realizes he's pretty lucky to be paid for what he's doing. Rather watch streams like this than a lot of the crap on TV. I've watched other "popular" guys for a short while and couldn't stand their arrogant attitudes.

Question... Who are all these people sending in countless donations? Are they kids? They can't be adults, right? And what are these guy's future plans? Streaming games in their 50's? I suppose it's possible.

Being entertaining and having charisma/charm will carry you a long way. Plus, he's got a talent for the game. I just hope he doesn't open his mouth and insert his arse.

Well done

Cheers. Strange game and ending on the second one there. Spent most of the game running through the blue looking for a vehicle in the fog. Finally found one on the 3rd to last circle and made it in (ran one guy over and shot three others on the way). Then 3 of us left and I hear a guy behind the tree in front of me kill the 3rd player.
The blue is coming in on the final circle and I'm waiting for him to come out from behind the tree (we're both in the blue) for the final show down... and he just stays there and dies.
I figure he must have been hit in the last fire fight, tried to heal before coming out and just didn't make it.

Cheers. Strange game and ending on the second one there. Spent most of the game running through the blue looking for a vehicle in the fog. Finally found one on the 3rd to last circle and made it in (ran one guy over and shot three others on the way). Then 3 of us left and I hear a guy behind the tree in front of me kill the 3rd player.
The blue is coming in on the final circle and I'm waiting for him to come out from behind the tree (we're both in the blue) for the final show down... and he just stays there and dies.
I figure he must have been hit in the last fire fight, tried to heal before coming out and just didn't make it.

It'd be fun to play Duo or squad with some sherdoggers. Like I said, I'm not the best shooter/aimer. And also, not too chatty. But watching videos of squad play looks great.

Also, I may need to pick up H1Z1... or whatever it's called. I missed that game entirely. And Arma.

I also need to remember to catch a screenshot if I manage to win a round. I'll probably be too excited to remember though.

It'd be fun to play Duo or squad with some sherdoggers. Like I said, I'm not the best shooter/aimer. And also, not too chatty. But watching videos of squad play looks great.

Also, I may need to pick up H1Z1... or whatever it's called. I missed that game entirely. And Arma.

I also need to remember to catch a screenshot if I manage to win a round. I'll probably be too excited to remember though.

Join up with us Sherbros, Sherbro!

Always room for one more in squad Sherdog!

@GhostZ06 has the details!

I started playing H1Z1: KOTK, but stopped entirely once PUBG was playable on my machine. I didn't like the vehicle play in H1Z1 (most of the game entails driving around and picking the best time to roll up on someone and jump out of the vehicle), the looting was nowhere near as interesting (no real load out options, most weapons are a complete waste of time, and no upgrades) and the shooting mechanics felt bad. On the other hand the pacing is different, you're almost guaranteed a fight at the start (because of the random drop), the crafting was sort of interesting and the feel was a lot more "arcadey".

I started playing H1Z1: KOTK, but stopped entirely once PUBG was playable on my machine. I didn't like the vehicle play in H1Z1 (most of the game entails driving around and picking the best time to roll up on someone and jump out of the vehicle), the looting was nowhere near as interesting (no real load out options, most weapons are a complete waste of time, and no upgrades) and the shooting mechanics felt bad. On the other hand it was faster paced, you're almost guaranteed a fight at the start (because of the random drop), the crafting was sort of interesting and the feel was a lot more "arcadey".

when are you gonna get in with us @Ruprecht

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back