Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is first non-Valve game in ages to crack Steam's top two

Im actually stunned that this game is still increasing in popularity. Have a good understanding of how. Yet i dont comprehend why they are able to retain players.

Im actually stunned that this game is still increasing in popularity. Have a good understanding of how. Yet i dont comprehend why they are able to retain players.
I'm not going to hate on the game, since I haven't played it, but the whole Battle Royale thing is huge in online PvP, right now, and I think the whole survivalist aspect is consuming culture right now for the simple reason that we subsist in a society where most of our lives simply never face real danger. Look at Android or iOS. Last Day on Earth: Survival was #1, and similar TBS games in the The Walking Dead games have preceded it. I don't think Zombie Survival mode in COD kickstarted this, but Running Man and Hunger Games shit has never been bigger-- never. The post-apocalyptic genre continues to thrive, too.

If it doesn't have the fundamental underlying mechanics of the great games it won't have the staying power. If that's the case, then this is just a Pokemon Go bubble. If not, then it will probably stick around. I thought Paladins was quite the surprise phenomenon, but that turned out to be little more than a Tribes: Ascend 2.0. It's the great programming that you get from companies like Valve and Blizzard that never die.

You're right about all of that Mick, but FPS games are here to stay and reading the posts on this game has got this Call of Duty/Titanfall/Destiny player HYPED for a console release!

You're right about all of that Mick, but FPS games are here to stay and reading the posts on this game has got this Call of Duty/Titanfall/Destiny player HYPED for a console release!
My post didn't indicate otherwise. I even alluded to the staying power of games like CS:GO within the context of the discussion, here.

I agree, I prefer to play first person only and it stops the opponents from cheesing you round corners and over walls. Yes I could do that too, but I don't want to. So for me it's a no brainer to click FPP every time.

I like 3rd person. Spinning to pick up shit off the ground while looting might be the first thing that's ever bothered my eyes in a video game.

I like 3rd person. Spinning to pick up shit off the ground while looting might be the first thing that's ever bothered my eyes in a video game.

I prefer first person to avoid the cheap tactics third person involves, but it's much better to watch in third person.
I wonder if that's helped with PUBG's popularity, since it's largely been popularised by streamers.

I prefer first person to avoid the cheap tactics third person involves, but it's much better to watch in third person.
I wonder if that's helped with PUBG's popularity, since it's largely been popularised by streamers.

Dr. Disrespect is freaking addicted to it, it seems.

Dr. Disrespect is freaking addicted to it, it seems.

Yeah, I saw some tweets about drama with him, although I haven't watched his streams. It was watching a couple of Northernlion, Aculite, 5tat and Cayinator videos that made me decide to get the game though. Effective advertising...

Yeah, I saw some tweets about drama with him, although I haven't watched his streams. It was watching a couple of Northernlion, Aculite, 5tat and Cayinator videos that made me decide to get the game though. Effective advertising...

You should play with us Sherbros sometime! It's a blast!
@GhostZ06 has the skinny on the hook-up!

I thought I'd like 1st for the same reason. Most of the chicken dinners I've had, I was lying completely in a ditch while watching over the top, only popping up long enough to tap someone. Pretty cheesy. I've got like 150 hours on it. At this point, I can picture what the 3rd person FOV looks like for the other guy, so that I know what doors are okay to move on.

First person is good especially if you played a lot of A2 and A3

You should play with us Sherbros sometime! It's a blast!
@GhostZ06 has the skinny on the hook-up!

Which servers are OK for you guys? North America, South American and European servers are all pretty unplayable for me unfortunately ("network lag detected" until I'm booted). Hopefully they work on the netcode, because west coast servers have been OK for me in other games (sub 200 ping).

Which servers are OK for you guys? North America, South American and European servers are all pretty unplayable for me unfortunately ("network lag detected" until I'm booted). Hopefully they work on the netcode, because west coast servers have been OK for me in other games (sub 200 ping).

I usually play on the NA servers, but I'm down to go on others.

we've dragged a few of the euro's with us on the NA servers before they seemed to do fine.

@ssBaldy is suppose to join us on that pubg grind, im kinda curious how he will feel on american servers.

we've dragged a few of the euro's with us on the NA servers before they seemed to do fine.

@ssBaldy is suppose to join us on that pubg grind, im kinda curious how he will feel on american servers.

Well, I'll have to grab a headset and give it a crack. Worst that can happen is I'll lag out at the start and leave you a man down.

Well, I'll have to grab a headset and give it a crack. Worst that can happen is I'll lag out at the start and leave you a man down.

i should give you a invitation to my channel so you can snipe us for a pubg grind

I will, when I find some time to play lol

I'm down to play with Sherdoggers. I've just started getting decent at the game.

My brother is ridiculous at it btw, frequent 14+ kill games. Highest is 27.

I'm down to play with Sherdoggers. I've just started getting decent at the game.

My brother is ridiculous at it btw, frequent 14+ kill games. Highest is 27.

ahaha there are enough Aussies in here where you guys could forum the Aussie commandos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back