Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubber banding lag teleporting everywhere fuck these devs

Rubber banding lag teleporting everywhere fuck these devs

The issue is so bad at the start of a match that I landed on the ground, the buildings still looked lay jello models and suddenly a rusty vehicle spawned on me and I was stuck.

The issue is so bad at the start of a match that I landed on the ground, the buildings still looked lay jello models and suddenly a rusty vehicle spawned on me and I was stuck.

Man that sucks. I wouldnt be so mad if it wasnt so obvious that they pushed out a broken patch for their paid crates.

Maybe the new crates and buying keys fucked everything up, should probably just get rid of it

<BronTroll1>

Maybe the new crates and buying keys fucked everything up, should probably just get rid of it

<BronTroll1>

The last server side patch seems to have fixed things. At least the developers aren't slackers.

played a few today it feels a little bitter, but still having some problems with going into houses and shit.

I hope given the huge playerbase, they can add more specific server regions to help with lag.

New first person mode is fucking sick, sad its not tracking stats though

Taking a break until lag is fixed.

First person is dope tho. Much more immersive and intense.

edit: lag seems to be fixed. <Moves>

Last edited:
Taking a break until lag is fixed.

First person is dope tho. Much more immersive and intense.

edit: lag seems to be fixed. <Moves>

Still haven't got first person on my local servers.
Performance seems better than ever at the moment though.
20170810030643_1.jpg

I think that I'm becoming addicted to the FPS mode...

Thanks (sarcasm) @GhostZ06 for getting me hooked!!!!!

giphy.gif

The only treatment is more PUBG.

I think that I'm becoming addicted to the FPS mode...

Thanks (sarcasm) @GhostZ06 for getting me hooked!!!!!

giphy.gif

The only treatment is more PUBG.

its a smoother experience compared to 3rd person

my god they need to drop bigger patches

3rd person spotting is trash, first person takes much more skill.

I'm teeeeeerrible at this game. ughhh.

I got a (to coin the Call Of Duty perk) "Martyrdom" kill last night. I was on but no wild sherbros appeared! :(

This guy freakin' NAILED me with an M4-16 and I had a sliver of health left. I ducked behind a tree to heal, but I saw him advancing. I tossed a frag and he deftly avoided it. I went to switch to my UMP but I tossed another frag at him (or so I thought), he was on me with a Vector at full-auto and cut me down...

But...

I had already pulled the pin on my grenade before I went down and it bounced off the tree I was behind and fell next to my lifeless corpse. I was spectating as he went in to loot my remains and.......

*BOOM*

The screen said that I took out Mr.*** with a frag grenade. I KNOW he heard me as I started laughing hysterically a-la the Joker! :)

Suck it nerd.

3rd person spotting is trash, first person takes much more skill.

I agree, I prefer to play first person only and it stops the opponents from cheesing you round corners and over walls. Yes I could do that too, but I don't want to. So for me it's a no brainer to click FPP every time.

I agree, I prefer to play first person only and it stops the opponents from cheesing you round corners and over walls. Yes I could do that too, but I don't want to. So for me it's a no brainer to click FPP every time.

Like I said, I'm getting addicted to FPP..

<{luvbruh}>

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is first non-Valve game in ages to crack Steam's top two
PC Games Network said:
Update August 14, 2017: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is Steam's second game by concurrent players.

For years now, it's been a truth universally acknowledged that the highest a non-Valve game will place in Steam's most-played charts is number three. Even to the likes of GTA V and H1Z1: King of the Kill, the lead of Valve's behemoths Dota 2 and CS:GO has seemed unassailable. No longer.

Over the weekend, SteamCharts indicates that PUBG peaked at 611,676 concurrent players, surpassing CS:GO and becoming the first non-Valve game in absolutely ages to break Steam's top two.

And it doesn't look like it's a fluke. At time of writing, Steam's more recent stats show PUBG is still ahead of CS:GO by about 17,000 players, and that its peak for the last 24 hours was 614,781 - about 70,000 ahead of CS:GO. That's more than 240,000 players behind Dota 2's peak, but hey, PUBG shows no sign of slowing down.

And it's still in Early Access, for pity's sake.

Update August 11, 2017: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has passed the 6.5 million sales mark, overtaking survival deathmatch competitor H1Z1: King of the Kill.

The milestone was noticed by NeoGAF, using SteamSpy estimates that PUBG now has approximately 50,000 more owners (who haven't necessarily played the game) than King of the Kill.

We asked a number of developers what they think of SteamSpy's accuracy, and most admitted it was pretty bang on.

PUBG shows no signs of losing momentum, as it was only a week ago the game hit 500,000 concurrent players, making it second on the Steam charts only to Dota 2. For more information, read on below.
The original story and previous updates:
Update August 4, 2017: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds hit more than 500,000 concurrent players.

The march of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' popularity appears to know no bounds, the game just hit a new milestone: more than 500,000 concurrent players.

We just broke 500k! Thank you all so very much for your continuing support! <3 pic.twitter.com/FXnsy6twGX

— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) August 4, 2017

Frankly, that's a phenomenal achievement. It's now the second most popular game on Steam by that metric, only falling behind Dota 2. Valve's Moba is still 200,000 concurrent players ahead, but suddenly that doesn't seem like all that much ground to cover.

Update July 31, 2017: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has broken yet another record.

The sensation that is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues. Just days after we learned it has sold six million copies without having left the cocoon of Early Access, its creator announces that it has become the most-played non-Valve game on Steam ever.

Brendan 'PlayerUnknown' Greene himself tweeted the news.

We now hold the record for the highest peak player count of any non-Valve game! GG WP everyone <3 pic.twitter.com/cHjXPeSE8p

— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) July 30, 2017
Valve's babies Couter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2 have had the top spots locked down for ages and enjoy various advantages as their creators also own Steam, so third-party games are essentially fighting for third place. In winning that fight, Battlegrounds has taken down such giants as Fallout 4 and GTA V. And it's not even (properly) out yet.

Update July 28, 2017: Another week another million copies.

According to a press release announcing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds first offline esports invitational, the game has sold six million copies. Just last week the game had broken through five million sales.

This is getting silly now.

Update July 21, 2017: A quick look at Steam Spy will tell you PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds just won't stop.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, in case you've been busy fighting an actual battle royale for the past few months, is the game of the moment. It's now passed five million owners on Steam in an incredibly short amount of time.

It's perhaps most impressive given that it only hit four million on June 29, less than a month ago. As always with Steam Spy, the figures aren't necessarily accurate so take them with a pinch of salt, but getting even close to a million copies sold a month - especially without a single price decrease - is going to secure any game's future. Were everyone to decide to stop buying PUBG literally tomorrow, it'd probably still be in a good spot.

It's regularly the third most played game on Steam, and is catching up with CS:GO in both average and peak concurrents, via SteamCharts. Even after all that, it doesn't seem to have gone to PlayerUnknown's - Brendan Greene to his parents - head, who has been dealing with various dramas expertly.

The game surely can't keep up this pace for long - but I would have said the same about three months ago when it first became a hot topic. I still don't own it, for example, and many seem reticent to go all-in while it's still in Early Access. That initial full launch window, especially if it's the first time the game sees a significant discount, could prove disastrous to wallets everywhere.

Original story, May 25, 2017: April’s digital PC sales figures are in and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is topping the charts for premium PC digital sales. It has even broken into the top ten overall games, alongside the likes of subscription titles like World of Warcraft, as well as games with microtransaction models such as League of Legends.

The battle royale survival game sits in seventh place on the overall digital earnings chart, right above World of Warcraft (East) but below World of Warcraft (West). Unsurprisingly, LoL tops the charts with Korean tactical FPS Crossfire coming in second place. The full table can be seen below.

superdata%20top%20pc%20games%20april.jpg

Despite having been in Early Access for barely two months, PUBG has received a lot of critical acclaim for its tight, focused gameplay and tendency to produce exciting emergent narratives. Despite its quality, I don’t think many would have predicted just how popular the game has become. Least of all the developers themselves, who are struggling to keep up with the demand for patches and updates.

You can head on over to the the Steam page to see what all the fuss is about. Or you can check out a more detailed breakdown of last month’s figures at SuperData Research.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back