Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Volume II: Die Harder (new patch edition)

Is that what u see the csgo pros doing?

I think they all use WSAD, but I type quite quickly and I can access the other keys better with EDAF. I read about it waaaaay back in the day when I subscribed to the print magazine Computer Gaming World. :)

What's your rank?

Shroud is a streamer with very good gunplay. Used to be a solid professional CSGO player (good mechanics but choked under pressure).

He's not actually highly ranked in PUBG because he mostly just hotdrops, but he's does really well when he plays smart. To give you an idea, he has an average rank at death of 52 in solo and only made it to the top ten in 10/70 games, but won 7 of the games in which he made it to the top 10. He had a duo game last night with a combined 28 kills, I think his record is 42 combined kills, possibly in squads.

As far as OCE goes, I used to know a guy called Rejakor who intermittently plays there. He hit top 100 in early access but stopped playing much because he was getting tilted by hackers. Looks like he just started again. Fucker won 5 of his last 7 in squads.

I've seen almost nothing since the pinglock patch. One guy who might have toggled. Saw it in maybe 20% of games beforehand.

Shroud is amazing in a straight up clinch fight. As in, if you get in his face and he gets in yours, he wins against anyone 99% of the time, basically a human aimbot. Usually only loses due to lack of firepower or 4 v 1s.

The thing stopping him being number one is that he doesn't want to be number one and plays for fun/kills rather than ranks.

As for cheaters, im not seeing it much anymore either. Had instances before of dying to obvious cheaters 3 games in a row. Now there's just the occasional questionable thing that could be put down to shitty replay feature and desync.

Sorry for the long text. But this requires some context for an adequate reasoning.

Ive had the displeasure of watching his streaming and semi-pro to pro career since 2013.

When Shroud first started streaming he piggybacked off WeedsTV(now JoshOG) to gain an audience. All they did was duo queue into Valves MM where Shroud displayed himself as an aiming god. This is how Shroud became known within the CSGO scene(2013 till mid-2014).

Swag left coL to go play for iBP since he hated playing for Sean/Semphis. This left a void in coL's roster that Anger took for a few months before Shroud joined. coL was just dethroned as the #1 team in NA by iBP. Yet the coL roster secured the Cloud9 team org contract for all their roster members were full time twitch streamers; it was a reward for known personalities, not performance. So Shroud secured a roster position on the first NA CSGO team org that supplied a living salary wage based off his accomplishments in Valves MM on twitch.

When Hiko left the team(Cloud9's star player) in late 2014 he shed some light on Shroud. Shroud was signed to be their high impact entry fragger type player. He was not comfortable with this and instead assumed the role of the passive low impact support player. Hiko left the team for the Cloud9 org was continually bumping up their salaries while their performances were worsening.

In 2015, 2016 and half of 2017 Shroud was still massively under performing. This was masked for the Cloud9 roster was constantly swapping out leadership and support player roles. The blame of the teams lack of accomplishments was always directed away from him. For a thought among fans and the Cloud9 org was that he'll "unlock" himself soon.

After the cs_summit lan in spring of 2017 it could no longer be masked. Became clear that he was the worst player on the team(for he was one of the core roster members still remaining going on two years). The reasoning behind why this is, is depressing. When placed in high pressure situations against equal and or better skilled players/teams he chokes. Mentally he cant cope with the pressure. An instead of willing himself to improve he fades away into his safe space of streaming. Its one of the saddest and most infuriating stories of modern day esports. For its intentionally self inflicted wasted talent who was given unwarranted backing.

Sorry for the long text. But this requires some context for an adequate reasoning.

Ive had the displeasure of watching his streaming and semi-pro to pro career since 2013.

When Shroud first started streaming he piggybacked off WeedsTV(now JoshOG) to gain an audience. All they did was duo queue into Valves MM where Shroud displayed himself as an aiming god. This is how Shroud became known within the CSGO scene(2013 till mid-2014).

Swag left coL to go play for iBP since he hated playing for Sean/Semphis. This left a void in coL's roster that Anger took for a few months before Shroud joined. coL was just dethroned as the #1 team in NA by iBP. Yet the coL roster secured the Cloud9 team org contract for all their roster members were full time twitch streamers; it was a reward for known personalities, not performance. So Shroud secured a roster position on the first NA CSGO team org that supplied a living salary wage based off his accomplishments in Valves MM on twitch.

When Hiko left the team(Cloud9's star player) in late 2014 he shed some light on Shroud. Shroud was signed to be their high impact entry fragger type player. He was not comfortable with this and instead assumed the role of the passive low impact support player. Hiko left the team for the Cloud9 org was continually bumping up their salaries while their performances were worsening.

In 2015, 2016 and half of 2017 Shroud was still massively under performing. This was masked for the Cloud9 roster was constantly swapping out leadership and support player roles. The blame of the teams lack of accomplishments was always directed away from him. For a thought among fans and the Cloud9 org was that he'll "unlock" himself soon.

After the cs_summit lan in spring of 2017 it could no longer be masked. Became clear that he was the worst player on the team(for he was one of the core roster members still remaining going on two years). The reasoning behind why this is, is depressing. When placed in high pressure situations against equal and or better skilled players/teams he chokes. Mentally he cant cope with the pressure. An instead of willing himself to improve he fades away into his safe space of streaming. Its one of the saddest and most infuriating stories of modern day esports. For its intentionally self inflicted wasted talent who was given unwarranted backing.

sounds like a gym hero can't handle the fights

That can all be true, but he is one of the better PUBG players out there. It seems your view of that is distorted by his performances in major CS events.

After thinking for a second I do get where you're coming from. If he were doing invitational LAN events he would likely suffer similar shortcomings. But as a long slow season grind on his stream from home I'm sure he could get very high up the ranks if that was the goal.

After thinking for a second I do get where you're coming from.

Two types of athletes exist with the latter being the ones who achieve greatness. First are those who use their emotions as the driving factor. This causes a roller coaster of emotions which is draining mentally and physically that results in inconsistent performance. While the second places their emotions in check to focus harder with the task at hand. Shroud has neither of these characteristics. Instead he enters into a comma of self inflicted doubt.

^This is from a player who had been playing professionally coming up on three years at that point.

sounds like a gym hero can't handle the fights

I played against one of the players who replaced him on Cloud9 back in September of 2014 in a ESEA pug. It took that player over two years to adjust their gameplay properly. For even i(someone in their mid 30's) was easily countering him then. An he willingly or unwillingly refused to identify it. Once he did, he led the Cloud9 team to a Valve Major win.

Last edited:
This roadmap is an indication that they have no idea where to bring the game. Theyre copying Fortnites development direction now.

The rage this game can cause is fucking hilarious.

Granted I'm not playing it on PC but unless me and my friend land and get buttfucked right at the beginning we usually can patiently wait it out till we are in the top 10 essentially.

This roadmap is an indication that they have no idea where to bring the game. Theyre copying Fortnites development direction now.
There's some stuff that looks fortniteish (muh emotes-though some look like useful hand signals), but a lot of stuff has been previously teased or datamined from before fortnite br.

I'm not great at this game, but getting better. Got my first chicken dinner last night. I got down to 11 people left, and didn't have a single kill. Killed one guy then, and then a few others died...then I killed the last five remaining guys besides me. It was crazy, I felt like a damn pro.

I usually can place in the 20s easily, but i'm not good at kills. My best game before this was like 2 kills. I MAY have gotten 3 in one game, once. I smashed them that round though

I play this with one of my buddies. LOL, last time he was downed, I accidentally finished him off with a stray bullet when I got the other guy. He had to sit and watch me wonder around aimlessly not knowing what I was doing for 20 minutes after that.

Is that what u see the csgo pros doing?

Its preference. Similar to mouse sensitivity, resolution and all other settings.

For instance i dont use AWDS as my primary movement keys. I do use QWES, for holding my fingers in the AWD triangle position is uncomfortable.

Coldzera who was ranked the #1 CSGO Pro in the world for 2017. He only uses two fingers for movement, not three.

So I played with a guy from work for the first and only time the other day. It was abysmal and I actually won't be dealing with him at work anymore. That bad.

My brother works for pubg and is very good at the game (edit: to illustrate, wins 1 in 10 games, KDR of 4.5). So we team up, me, brother and guy from work.

Straight off the bat work guy starts telling my brother how he should play, telling him he's "too risky" and he needs to "play the long game". Wants to do shitty drops like shelter and lipovka, getting audibly upset about us wanting to go rozhok.

All that was pretty bad and made for a lot of awkward silence, but then his gunplay was entirely absent. Watching him after I died one time and saw him miss 2 prone guys from 30 meters with an entire Scar clip. He didn't get a kill over 7 games. Never aware of when he was being flanked or what the enemies were trying to play. Just wanted to camp the whole time.

Anyway I just wanted to get that off my chest, legit tilted.

I really like the new patch. Emotes aren't a problem. Performance is really improved for my friend's low-end side computer now. I've seen one hacker since the pinglock. Scopes are cool, and I liked the way they pushed back against quickscoping. New map within a month.

So I played with a guy from work for the first and only time the other day. It was abysmal and I actually won't be dealing with him at work anymore. That bad.

My brother works for pubg and is very good at the game (edit: to illustrate, wins 1 in 10 games, KDR of 4.5). So we team up, me, brother and guy from work.

Straight off the bat work guy starts telling my brother how he should play, telling him he's "too risky" and he needs to "play the long game". Wants to do shitty drops like shelter and lipovka, getting audibly upset about us wanting to go rozhok.

All that was pretty bad and made for a lot of awkward silence, but then his gunplay was entirely absent. Watching him after I died one time and saw him miss 2 prone guys from 30 meters with an entire Scar clip. He didn't get a kill over 7 games. Never aware of when he was being flanked or what the enemies were trying to play. Just wanted to camp the whole time.

Is your brother Korean or do they have a US office now?

Anyways, had something similar. One of my friends is top-100 good. Another dude is not. Other dude keeps shouting advice over the mic-although he usually engages when we shouldn't, or follows too closely to other squadmates. Had to tell him to shut up when topdude was clutching the second game in a row for us.

I really like the new patch. Emotes aren't a problem. Performance is really improved for my friend's low-end side computer now. I've seen one hacker since the pinglock. Scopes are cool, and I liked the way they pushed back against quickscoping. New map within a month.

Anyways, had something similar. One of my friends is top-100 good. Another dude is not. Other dude keeps shouting advice over the mic-although he usually engages when we shouldn't, or follows too closely to other squadmates. Had to tell him to shut up when topdude was clutching the second game in a row for us.

That reminds me of streetball ace "The Professor". He'll dress up as Spider-Man and murk dudes in a pickup game. I don't want to derail, but watch what he does to someone who is like your other dude..

If people just shut up and watch, they just might learn something. :)

White Australian. Head office in Korea, he works remotely though does a little flying around to live events.

I hate playing with people who wanna long drop and loot for 15 minutes. Shit is boring. School/pecado almost every drop. Either die right away or rack up some kills.

Back