Platinum on CBS Sports Tiki & Tierney

New definition of his nickname:

“It’s like Iron Mike but twice the skills,” Perry said in studio on Tiki and Tierney, referring to Mike Tyson. “I’m throwing knees and elbows. I’m not just throwing power hooks. "

Thats gotta be the fourth or fifth different explanation hes given. Mikes a joker, especially as it really comes from stealing catalytic converters.

I was hoping he would explain the satellite made of platinum to communicate with God like he did to Ariel.

I was hoping he would explain the satellite made of platinum to communicate with God like he did to Ariel.
Well yeah that is the truth as well. Donald trump is building it instead of the wall on Perry's instructions.

Criffs prease

Talked about growing up in Flint being the only white kid and always getting in to fights. Said he isn't a point fighter like the fighters that beat him. He called it "playing the game". Explained it isn't a game to him, it's life and death. Most of the stuff we've heard him say before, except for the Iron Mike reference, but extremely entertaining nonetheless. WAR Platinum!!!

Talked about growing up in Flint being the only white kid and always getting in to fights. Said he isn't a point fighter like the fighters that beat him. He called it "playing the game". Explained it isn't a game to him, it's life and death. Most of the stuff we've heard him say before, except for the Iron Mike reference, but extremely entertaining nonetheless. WAR Platinum!!!
This is why the Platinum Nation exists. Call us trolls. Call us idiots.

We are following the man that brings back the old days. The just bleed days.

This is why the Platinum Nation exists. Call us trolls. Call us idiots.

We are following the man that brings back the old days. The just bleed days.

I am not big on the sherdoggers here that go from bandwagon to bandwagon, nor hype up every fighter to the extreme, but, I do like PMP.

His style is fun, he may not be the best in the world, he probably will never be UFC champ, but, he still puts on entertaining fights. Which is all I need. He’s not too good with words but, he gets his point across and seems like he is humble enough to know his strengths and weaknesses. And where to improve. Which is again, good enough for me.

Hoping he gets a highlight reel KO, especially since i’ll Be seated not far away

“The funny thing is, none of my opponents come to fight me now,” Perry continued. “They all come to run and play the game. I never took this as a game. I took it as survival. I’m a gladiator. You cannot take my life, and I will take yours. A couple of people survived 15 minutes, so I got to play the game. . . . Just fighting got me where I am, but now the best in the world aren’t coming to fight. They’re coming to play them points and play that game. So now I see. Sometimes you can’t see until you learn the hard way.”

Mike Perry has the vision.

Last edited:
Plat got some great points.

A couple of people have figured out a way to get through 15 minutes without fighting... or with cheating in Ponzi's case... but he's learning those lessons.

That should not be taken lightly what he said there... because his evolution is clear to see from fight to fight. I expect to see his evolution shine through again on this fight. Most likely though... he puts dem lights out before we get to see it. That is however a part of the evolution as well though yeah?

“The funny thing is, none of my opponents come to fight me now,” Perry continued. “They all come to run and play the game. I never took this as a game. I took it as survival. I’m a gladiator. You cannot take my life, and I will take yours. A couple of people survived 15 minutes, so I got to play the game. . . . Just fighting got me where I am, but now the best in the world aren’t coming to fight. They’re coming to play them points and play that game. So now I see. Sometimes you can’t see until you learn the hard way.”

Mike Perry has the vision.
People crack jokes when he says somethin like "tetris shot" and stuff like that but he is clearly intelligent to understand this. Perry got those street smarts, and thats way more valuable for a fighter than book smarts.

Back