Platinum Mike Perry, what is his path to the title?

Kristian82

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
h8WE01u.jpg

First of all, I'd like to say that it's disgusting that Mike is not yet ranked in the UFC's top 15 WW rankings. Second of all I'd like to have a discussion around Platinum Mike's potential path to the title. I will do this by assuming that Mike besmirches Alves along with taking a look at the top 15 current Welterweights.

1 Stephen Thompson Forget this guy for now, had two shots at the champ and couldn't get it done.

2 Robbie Lawler
Has a decent argument for a title shot but Tyron doesn't seem interested, perhaps another victory - preferably by knockout and he could be knocking on the door.

3 Demian Maia
Had his chance, too old and boring to get another title shot now.

4 Jorge Masvidal
Masvidal is a great fighter and has had some unlucky decisions against him but he has lost his last fight and needs two good wins before a title shot realistically.

5 Carlos Condit
Don't understand how a guy who lost 3 out of his last four is ranked fifth, I get the impression Condit doesn't want to fight any more - forget him.

6 Neil Magny
Possibly a win or two away from a title shot, needs to impress though as the fight with Hendricks was not a great and he lost in the first in his fight before that.

6 Donald Cerrone
Lost his last two, crumbles in big fights. Should never get a title shot again.

8 Colby Covington Serious prospect with a record similar to Mikes - big difference though, Colby is boring as watching paint dry. Needs four more victories for a title shot with his style of fighting.

9 Santiago Ponzinibbio
Veteran who scored a brutal KO over Gunnar Nelson recently, another KO like that and he will definitely be knocking on the door for a title shot.

10 Rafael Dos Anjos
Three wins away from a title shot realistically, battle worn and small for Welterweight.

11 Gunnar Nelson
Three wins, three loses in his last six. Not sure why he is in the top fifteen, over rated because he trains with McGregor.

12 Dong Hyun Kim
Lost every time he's stepped up to that top level talent.

13 Kamaru Usman
Four decision wins in UFC and the same record as Perry but somehow ranked higher, I suspect racism factors into this.

14 Alex Oliveira
Definitely on an upward trajectory and should be ranked higher than several fighters above him on this list.

15 Tarec Saffiedine
Lost four of last five, should be cut much less ranked.

u8pbbd6.png

Who's next?
I would say after Perry retires Alves that the most realistic fights for him are one of the following: Robbie Lawler, Neil Magny, Donald Cerrone or Rafael Dos Anjos. Mike will take care of any of these guys, three of them extremely battle worn and we've already seen what Mike does to lanky fighters in his debut so there goes Magny's chances. With a spectacular KO of anyone of these fighters on the right card would be enough for Mike to get a title shot but let's assume he needs one more win after that. Feed him Wonderboy after that, assuming Wonderboy wins his next fight if not perhaps let him retire another Brazilian in Demian Maia.

So ideally Mike's path to the title goes like this for me: Lawler -> Wonderboy -> Title Shot.

What are your thoughts Sherdog? What do you see as Mike's inevitable path to the title?

Lol @ the dude who got dropped by a male model holding the title.

Platinum Mike Perry smokes every fighter on that list by vicious knockout. Hell, hold a one night tournament where Platinum fights the top 15 back to back and guaranteed he is the only man not in the hospital at the end of the night. He will KO everyone who stands in front of him, just like he did on that legendary day he earned his Black Belt with deez fists.

#platinumbless

IMG_3723.JPG

Last edited:
still sucking on this losers cock

Get a life

Lol @ the dude who got dropped by a male model holding the title.
Luiz Azerado, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Luciano Azevedo and Artemij Sitenkov all have victories over names that pop up in all time GOAT conversations, this is MMA not boxing where an early loss kills your career.

It's crazy how close it actually is... I mean a lot of guys are in a similar position in terms of wins and so on, but PMP has a huge following, knows how to play the internet game, and wins his fights in spectacular style - he's the kind of guy the UFC is just waiting to give a TS to.

Platinum Champion 2018.

Last edited:
If he beats Alves, give him Masvidal.
And if he beats Alves, anyone who talks about how "beautiful" Alves's muay thai is, should be banned.

I think Platinum would be WAY out of his depth against Masvidal.

I dont think he needs to fight Wonderboy for a TS. If he beats Alves he should fight Lawler and if he beats him, he should get a TS.

When he beats Alves, give him Masvidal.
And when he beats Alves, anyone who talks about how "beautiful" Alves's muay thai is, should be banned.

I think Masvidal would be WAY out of his depth against Platinum.
FTFY.

It's just about time. PMP just have to ask for it & Dana will deliver his title shot on a silver platter.

Out of all the sherdog hype trains, this is one that's always puzzled me lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back