Media Platinum Mike Perry went into the Cowboy fight with a hurt knee

Came in like a bum.

Left like a bum.

Who cares? You enter the cage you are healthy.

Not how it works is it. You enter the cage because you have to, otherwise you've wasted months of dieting and and camp.

I don't buy the superfluous sportsmanship. If there is a factor that needs to be accounted for, I want to hear it.

Not how it works is it. You enter the cage because you have to, otherwise you've wasted months of dieting and and camp.

I don't buy the superfluous sportsmanship. If there is a factor that needs to be accounted for, I want to hear it.
You are discrediting a fighters win by making excuses. You enter the cage you take the win or loss. But but... nope.

41 seconds in

Healthy Platinum Mike Perry would be double champ by now.

w76gW6e.gif

It makes perfect sense.
Train with Winklejohn + Injured Knee + Take Cerrone to the Ground + Try to outgrapple Cerrone = Lose

You are discrediting a fighters win by making excuses. You enter the cage you take the win or loss. But but... nope.

What's the deal with "discrediting" a win. I'm not saying the result would have been different, but we could have seen a different fight. Injuries and weight cut issues are a part of the sport and we should attach as many asterisks as possible as long as they are reasonable.

Whenever we make fight predictions on these forums, some of us tend to go full pious sportsman mode when we really should be asking about all the factors that may have created this or that effect or result. We're more laid back than the fighters themselves are...we can talk about it more openly and honestly.

Back